It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Straight Pride’ parade planned for Boston

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Aside from when it's waving around in a breeze, i suppose that's a fair enough assessment.

The people through come in all colours, shape, size, religious and sexual orientation.

Or so I'm lead to believe.
edit on 6-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
Before Larry the Cable Guy became famous, he had a small call in radio gig in Orlando on 101.1 WJRR and would have straight pride parades in Orlando back in the mid 90's.

My point is this was done before.

Yea, the Simpson's did it.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Lumenari

I honestly think the Left's reliance on playing the "Bigot Card" hurts their actual message.

Even when it came to the Birther Movement I feel like most of the calls of racism were just misguided.

Don't get me wrong though, I had no problem calling out the racists.

In regards to needing to know a person's skin color, I would suggest you re-read through all the mass shooting threads on here. Feel free to give us a tally of who demanded to know the culprit's race/religion/etc and their political leaning.

As far as skin color, I was talking about reality, not ATS.

However, I see it a lot on both sides.

I think it started to become a big topic of conversation simply because it is a good way to show the hypocrisy of the left...

Even when the Tea Party was around, you have someone shoot a few people and the news stations would just say he was a Teabagger before they even knew his name.

Nowadays on the news it is worse.

White guy with a MAGA hat on shoots a few people and it's going to be on the news 24/7 for months, Trump will need to denounce the guy, he will still get blamed for inciting violence.....

Hell... white KID with a MAGA hat on does exactly what he should have done when confronted by bullies in public and the news crucifies him as a Trump-loving racist.

Black leftist guy shoots 17 people and it gets a CNN banner for an hour, maybe.

So why not call out the hypocrisy?

edit on 6-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

a reply to: Boadicea

Did you hold the same view when it was Gay Pride Parades that were being berated and assaulted?

Do you consider them heroes?

What are your thoughts on Stonewall?

Gay parades aren't berated and assaulted. Those who show up in next to nothing, or just nothing, are berated because parades that can be seen by the public eye - which includes children - need to be berated.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Because he's looking for an out and a way to turn this around into something in his favor.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Annd don't you DARE take pictures for proof, they will beat you and take your camera, and feel justified in doing it because it's "their" body, you have no right to take pictures of all the skin they want to show but not have record of. (while steping over human feces)

Yay diversity!!!!

but Trump hates brown people ( does that include tan folks? I always wondered)

[My Father just told me the Democrats can't impeach President Trump, they have not acknowledged him as President yet]

😍😍🤣🤣💋💋
edit on 6-6-2019 by thedigirati because: Because it's D-DAy

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: LSU2018

Exactly 110% agree on all of that... Funny how it "took courage" in 2012 to come out of the closet because people were gay and didn't want to get beat up, but in 2019 it takes courage to be a Trump supporter and the ones who came out of the closet in 2012 and the ones who praised the ones who came out are the ones attacking you in 2019 for showing your courage.

I wouldn't lump "the people who came out of the closet" with the left.

And if you think just being a Trump supporter is hard, try being a bi female minority one.

To the OP, not much into any kind of "pride" months or parades or whatever...

But I find a straight pride parade oddly fitting in our current political reality.

Thanks for the OP and there is a person or two on the thread that made me giggle.

I was referring to the majority of them. I can only imagine how it feels to be a bi female minority Trump supporter. They even called Candace Owens a bed wench because she's a black female Trump supporter.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Those who show up in next to nothing, or just nothing, are berated because parades that can be seen by the public eye - which includes children - need to be berated.

Guess you've never seen the Mermaid Parade in Coney Island. I love all the hot chickies wearing just body paint who are pretending to be exotic marine life.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I was referring to the majority of them. I can only imagine how it feels to be a bi female minority Trump supporter. They even called Candace Owens a bed wench because she's a black female Trump supporter.

I've been heartened to see that this isn't going un-noticed or un-remarked among some feminists on the left. I am increasingly seeing comments that they don't appreciate the attacks on any woman speaking for women, including those they don't agree with. Personal experience does have a way of turning into empathy though...

And as long as men are "self-IDing" their way into women's bathrooms and sports competitions with the Democrats cheering them on, there will be many feminists and lesbians and others on the left who will hold their nose and vote for Trump in 2020. It really is that important to them to stop the Trans Activist agenda.

Now, if a strong "gender critical" Liberal throws their (her?) hat into the ring, especially a third party candidate like Jill Stein (who could/would also run in the general election), then I expect them to split the vote -- either way a win for Trump.

All this to say, Democrats are already imploding. They really aren't doing themselves any favors. Is this just desperation? Do they think they have some ace in the hole? I'm just musing out loud...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Despite the general consensus of many on the Right, the defining characteristic of gay people is not their gayness.

The vast majority of the "gay community" thought Milo was a complete asshat.

The fact that the Right are bringing him back after his pedophilic statements should tell you how desperate they are for a "gay voice."

They probably thought that because Milo wasn't conducive to the agenda.

And, what then do you say about George Takei and his pedophilic statements on Howard Stern? I never saw anyone on the left condemn him for it. I bet he gets a pass because he's saying everything else the left wants him to say.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh my goodness! That's a real thing!!!

Coney Island USA and the Coney Island Brewery Present: The 37th Annual Mermaid Parade

The next one is June 22 -- just a couple weeks away. I can see how this could get out of hand... but I'd go if I were anywhere close.

At least once

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Yup, totally real. I mostly dislike parades but this one has bewbs so I like this parade.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Oh dear.

You may want to read up on some things. Because I'm not talking about Jackson.

What?
He was gen "stonewall" jackson?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Because he's looking for an out and a way to turn this around into something in his favor.

Its not really about him tho is it?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Will there be Any Heterosexual Clowns there ? I Hope So....................

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Yes, there is that... these are mermaids! So it is what it is -- and lucky for you, eh?

I, on the other hand, thought some of the costumes were very pretty and quite creative. I'll bet some women put a lot of time and energy and talent into their costumes. That'd be really cool to see!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

It's actually a pretty fun time and the brewery that's sponsoring isn't that bad either.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Will there be Any Heterosexual Clowns there ? I Hope So....................

Well, some would say that's already a given

But I won't. I'll just say that the organizers put out an open invite for attendees -- so could be!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

And at the beach no less!

Call me crazy, but I'd swear beer always tastes better at the beach. I don't know what it is, or why it is, but it does! Best beer I ever enjoyed was on Rosarita beach at a little lobster shack... fresh lobster, beans, tortillas and beer right on the sand. It was heaven. I'd give anything to do that again!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

I Love a NORMAL Parade !

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join