It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Straight Pride’ parade planned for Boston

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So then, shouldn't it just be a Pride Parade? The fact they label it as a Straight Pride Parade completely undercuts their "intended" message.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

No, the point should be to show the hypocrisy. If you think Boston, and other cities, should ban gay and straight pride parades and simply have an American Parade everyone can participate in then I agree.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Boadicea

Exactly 110% agree on all of that... Funny how it "took courage" in 2012 to come out of the closet because people were gay and didn't want to get beat up, but in 2019 it takes courage to be a Trump supporter and the ones who came out of the closet in 2012 and the ones who praised the ones who came out are the ones attacking you in 2019 for showing your courage.

It's crazy. And in some ways, I don't think anything is what it seems, but at the same time it is what it seems if only because the perception shapes the reality. Does that make sense?

But in the big picture, I think most people -- from all walks of life, every race, creed and color, all shapes and sizes -- are just sick and tired of the constant hate and vitriol and rabble rousers. Most people just want to live and let live, do their thing, not hurt anyone, and make a life.

I truly believe that if given the chance, the right opportunity, we could get past the hate and anger and labels to unite and stand together for the greatest good.

And I think there are critters who are desperate to make sure that doesn't happen.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I honestly think the Left's reliance on playing the "Bigot Card" hurts their actual message.

Even when it came to the Birther Movement I feel like most of the calls of racism were just misguided.

Don't get me wrong though, I had no problem calling out the racists.

In regards to needing to know a person's skin color, I would suggest you re-read through all the mass shooting threads on here. Feel free to give us a tally of who demanded to know the culprit's race/religion/etc and their political leaning.
edit on 6/6/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: Clarification

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

So then what's your issue with Gay Pride Parades? The original purpose behind them was point the hypocrisy in other parades.

Hell, it's only been a few years that the Boston St. Patrick's Parade allowed homosexuals to march.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It's an exercise in proving how intolerant folks are, such that, it's not so much about the parade as it is the lead-up to the event and the rabid hatred being expressed towards anyone who promotes a conservative heterosexual lifestyle.

I present to you, exhibit # 1 (in an unending line of intolerant bigoted hatred towards this event)....

Comment from the one-hit wonders

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

You're example of intolerance is Smash Mouth?

Funny how that's enough to prove "rabid hatred" on the side of the opposition.

Meanwhile a large portion of this site still doesn't consider Unite the Right as white supremacist despite the fact that all the groups behind it were white supremacists and their Discord was pretty much 100% full of white supremacists.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

More self-important celebrities unavoidable for comment....

That really hasn't been working out too well for them. I recall Alyssa Milano recently being skooled with Jon Voights many accolades recently when she suggested he was a nobody.

Perhaps these folks should think twice before speaking, eh?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Would that not just be a parade then?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

You're example of intolerance is Smash Mouth?

There's no way you could have read the comments section that quickly - plenty of blue-checkmarked folks weighed in on the thread to extol the dickheads for their virtuous stance.

stay classy.....

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You never mentioned that you took issue with the comments.

That said, I thought comments from celebrities don't count.

Or is that only when the Right can't use them politically?

ETA: So what are your thoughts on UTR?
edit on 6/6/2019 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

ETA: So what are your thoughts on UTR?

About the same as my thoughts on BLM, Antifa, the MSM & the Democrats and anyone else who wants to determine how I should conduct my affairs in public or private - they are all 'garbage humans'.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
*shrugs*

The freedom to peacefully assemble.

Yay Constitution!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:10 PM
link   
The American flag is the straight flag....

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
*shrugs*

The freedom to peacefully assemble.

Yay Constitution!

I am convinced that the Constitution is very inconvenient when it comes to some peoples feelings because there are those who clearly do not want heterosexuals to assemble peacefully and are in fact so triggered by the thought that they have all met online to see who can spew the most of vile dribble at this apparent right to peacefully assemble.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
The American flag is the straight flag....

...AND the gay flag AND the lesbian flag AND the feminist flag AND the men's rights flag AND the incel flag AND the transgender flag...

AND each and every other citizen of these united states.
edit on 6-6-2019 by Boadicea because: spelling

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

They can certainly disagree, but anyone trying to infringe on the rights of others to peacefully assemble are just anti-American communist asstards.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Sounds kinda gay.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That made me laugh.

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Sounds kinda gay.