It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Straight Pride’ parade planned for Boston

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

So how do you feel about shooterbrody's comment that insinuates anyone opposed to a Straight Pride Parade is gay?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: LSU2018

I don't know. It's no different than straight people attending a gay parade.

From my experience, Gay Pride Parades love it when straight people show up.

I get the feeling the inverse won't be true with the Straight Pride Parade.

Maybe not ...

He also teased, but could not confirm, that a famous openly gay conservative will be speaking at the Straight Pride Parade in August. "We actually have a famous gay conservative speaking. You can probably guess who," Hugo said.

Milo maybe? But there are other gay conservatives. Although this level of troll seems right up Milo's alley.
edit on 6-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

It wouldn't be the first time they show up to start trouble and get their arses whooped. Nothing beats the noodle armed lib who tried to hit the Proud Boy guy with a pipe. They guy put his arm up to block it and then with one swing he laid that pipe swinger out cold.

That was pretty impressive, eh? I once saw my dad do something very similar with a guy with a knife. I was in awe of my dad for years after that! Awww... who am I kidding? I'm still in awe of my dad!

But to address your first point, I do expect these organizers are prepared for the haters' usual tactics. It sure seems they've been paying attention anyway. I hope so.

Same... Back in 1996, there was a 30 something year old loser who would ride his bike past our house and let his dog crap in our yard. He did it for the last time when my mom was in the garden and she tried shooing the dog away. The loser said "don't you shoo at my dog, bitch!" My dad heard it and walked to the road and I guess the guy thought he was gonna stand him down. Dad grabbed him by the throat with both hands, picked him up and slammed him on the asphalt. Told him never to as much as ride his bike by our house again. When my mom was a teen, she said there was a guy in a hot rod that would fly by their house all the time and one day my grandpa was doing something right by the road and heard this guy coming. Mom said when the guy got just close enough, my gramps yelled at him to slow down and tossed a garden rake in the road and flattened both tires on the guy's drivers side when he ran over it. She said he stood there and waited for the guy but he never did anything.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

insinuates

oh really
how so?

link   
a reply to: Boadicea

without reading more as the headline i'm sure this is organized by a special group of people, right? maybe right-wing-lonnies? maybe its more about against something and not about being straight, right? could be a monty python idea. did they do this already? how many taking part? 88?

link   
I imagine the same way anyone opposed to a gay pride parade feels whenever it's insinuated we must be gay.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

without reading more as the headline i'm sure this is organized by a special group of people, right? maybe right-wing-lonnies? maybe its more about against something and not about being straight, right? could be a monty python idea. did they do this already? how many taking part? 88?

Man, you guys are so awesome about this!

How do you think Christians react to a Black Mass? You guys can't be serious. You're just mocking us and religion with your Satanist crap.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Just as dumb as "gay pride".

No one gives a # who you're screwing. Your genitals and who you use them on aren't the sum of who you are. If it is, then you aren't really a person. You're an NPC.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I don't know. It's no different than straight people attending a gay parade. At least in my opinion. They're the ones who will be bashed the hardest though. Just like black Trump supporters. Democrats call them everything from slave props to uneducated house negros. The real courage lies in those who are single moms, gay, black, or female and aren't afraid to be Trump supporters. THAT takes some courage. I'm a white guy so I'm already expected to be a woman hating gay bashing vehement Trump supporting full fledged racist.

I'm so glad to hear you say that... or at least read you write that. I agree. I have nothing but respect and admiration for those people who have the courage and the strength of their convictions and will take a stand even knowing that they will be berated and harassed and insulted for doing so. And especially when they know much of that hatefulness and hurtfulness will come from family and friends. That's real honor and integrity.

I'm afraid that for too long, too many people have believed that they alone couldn't make a difference so they said nothing. Or didn't personally understand all the whys and wherefores of an issue and trusted the wrong people to know better. So many feminists today are afraid to publicly condemn trans ideology because of the backlash they know they'll receive -- including feminists that once considered themselves "trans allies".

But I think more and more people are feeling like they have nothing to lose any more because the extremists have taken it all too far, and the reasonable and rational are ready to take a stand... even to unite with their once-perceived-enemies for the greater good.

The most dangerous people in the world are those who have nothing to lose and those who have everything to lose. The extremists have put us all in one or the other position.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

It's funny because the Left don't even need to hold an event to be protested by the Right. They just need to show up at a Planned Parenthood for a routine checkup.

Don't bother trying. They have rallies and protests all the time and nobody interrupts them. The instant the right have one, the left go nuts and start crap. Sorry bro but you're on the losing side here. Stop before you dig deeper.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Where did I claim anything else?

When Trump got elected I said that the Left was about to use the same tactics the Right used when Obama was elected.

It was obvious.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

is a "lonnie" a gay Lorry by chance?

I know you meant loony, but your freudian slip is much more humorious.

when sending insults always proofread. that way you don't look like a "lonnie"
edit on 6-6-2019 by thedigirati because: I'm a gay lorry

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   

We hit people with bike locks and threw milk shakes at them? We crocheted hats that were supposed to look like genitals and screamed at the sky?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

you are 100% right! i once took part just for fun and it was a pretty peaceful party with many sometimes weird looking nice and openhearted people. i'm still straight by the way.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

I don't know. It's no different than straight people attending a gay parade.

Oh boy. Go read the OP.

Thanks.

link   

Really? Why do you say that?

One of the organizers is gay... one of the speakers will be gay... the organizers expressly invited gay people to the parade...

link   
a reply to: thedigirati

aren't loonies crazy people? sorry, i'm german.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Did you hold the same view when it was Gay Pride Parades that were being berated and assaulted?

Do you consider them heroes?

What are your thoughts on Stonewall?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:39 PM
link   

The right has plenty of faults. I don't remember years of made up investigations and demanding "safe spaces", and assaulting anyone wearing Obama gear. My professors talk about Obama just fine, they will never mention Trump or anything related to the right. I live in a Red State.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What are your thoughts on Stonewall?

while I don't agree with slavery, general jackson was loyal to his home state and his men were fiercely loyal to him
why bring him into this?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join