It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is you town less or more populated?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I hear about low birth rates and the need to import people to feed the country.

But it seems most places I go, the population is growing too fast.

Traffic has increased, schools no longer have classrooms Available and are Brining in trailer park portable ones.

They are building on any open land they can find.

Is this just in NY?

Or Are people all over the world seeing an increase or decrease in population size in their home towns?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I hear about low birth rates and the need to import people to feed the country.

Thanks, but cannibalism isn't my thing.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
In my country (Fiji Islands) at least everywhere is more crowded than before. Where before in many smaller towns there was no issue of traffic, now its everywhere. Also its getting difficult to find a place for housing. And rent on homes has gotten more expensive despite the freeze in rent increase. Finding a affordable place for rent is matter of luck now. Despite many new apartment complexes going up.

But then we have been getting a bunch of Chinese immigrants into the country so it may be that. *shrugs*

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Thanks, but cannibalism isn't my thing.

That makes one of us.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Or Are people all over the world seeing an increase or decrease in population size in their home towns?

The census data wont be out for a couple years but I expect an increase in my home town. Purely anecdotal but in my neighborhood we've had a recent influx of people from Brooklyn, Manhattan and Jersey City moving to the suburbs for better housing costs. Not that it's a huge savings where I am though.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Purely anecdotal

you are the awesomest!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Give me some time, I'm sure I'll let you down at some point today.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: shooterbrody

Give me some time, I'm sure I'll let you down at some point today.

inconceivable!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

The suburbs around me are growing.
And we see plenty of kids around....often more than 2 per family.
Houses are going up. As are apartments.

The population in the US is growing, even without the influx of illegals.

I think the places that are losing people are large urban areas....for example, too much of Detroit proper is now prairie....seriously. Go to Google earth.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   

munich is growing but not that fast. we are 1.5 million right now and the calculation is that we are 1.8 million 2040. but you need a job to survive here because everything is #ing expensive.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I have noticed a large increase in traffic and people here in town over the last 5 years. Lots of new houses and the store and shops are always populated. So yes I believe Knoxville and Knox county is expanding in population.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The roads in my city are bad around rush hours, still used to be busy but it seems so much more hectic these days.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Well, I see it from two different perspectives...

1. The population of Colorado seems to be exploding in every direction. We live in the boonies and the population of this area has probably tripled or quadrupled in the past 5 years (easily doubled in the last 2 years). Schools and infrastructure are bursting at the seams. I just can't believe how many housing units they can build and fill in the city areas. It's just unreal, they're everywhere (both in the cities proper as well as urban sprawl).

2. The population of Wyoming is generally dropping. Though, Wyoming has always had a boom/bust cyclic population which generally follows the energy market. In 2014, just 5 years ago, old beat up single wide mobile home trailers were renting for $120k per year! Right now they can't give them away (so they're relocating them to ND where the same thing will garner $200k per year to rent).

And while Wyoming is probably not a good representative indicator, the one thing I definitely see in both states is the population increases are predominantly Hispanic. By a margin of 8-10:1. So the makeup of the general population is changing at the same time as the aggregate size of the population (up or down). The other segment of the population I see exploding is the influx of Somalian, Yemeni and Ethiopian people.
edit on 6/6/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Population = Profit.

They don't need the extra people, they want their extra money.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Toronto and the GTA is crazy, that idiot John Tory keeps bringing in parasites to suckle on the welfare system. Outside Toronto in the fringes of the GTA, incredible amounts of building going on. I don't know who is buying these houses, unless our idiot prime moron Trudeau is giving them away to terrorists, er, I mean invaders, er, I mean illegals, er, I mean (faux) refugees. It's interesting that the housing prices have gone up about 450% in the last 12 years (sold my 4200 sq ft in the burbs for $320k in 2007 and today it is worth $1.5-$1.8 million).

It seems to me and this just may be too ef'ing sensible for our braindead traitorous politicians, but why pay 10's of billions to bring in parasites when you can pay less if you pay citizens to make babies? If you need more people, population expansion through reproduction and natural assimilation is smarter than parasitic importation and little to no assimilation.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Bloodworth

The census data wont be out for a couple years but I expect an increase in my home town. Purely anecdotal but in my neighborhood we've had a recent influx of people from Brooklyn, Manhattan and Jersey City moving to the suburbs for better housing costs. Not that it's a huge savings where I am though.

I'm trying to avoid census data and statistics and see what everyone personal feelings are.

Census data is easily manipulated to push an agenda

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Well you got my purely anecdotal, and useless, information.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
My town in FL is growing. Has been steadily for the last decade. Huge boom going on in parts of FL, tons of money to be made.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

S&F for good questions.

I "hear" and see Huge increases in Population in the Houston Metro area and the San Antonio, TX. The Austin area is growing fast as well.

We keep hearing that NY population is shrinking, but maybe that is NYC?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Southern Maine here,

The native population isn't really changing much. Many younger folks are choosing not to have children because they can't afford it- but then there's the welfare junkies popping out enough units to compensate.

The total population is exploding, though- I feel like half the population of Somalia has moved here in the last 20 years. Not a single school can keep up with the student growth rate. Even when I was in school all those years ago, half of my classes were in what they called "portables" - they were like trailer homes, but classrooms. I can only imagine what it looks like now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join