It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Atlantis have been built inside caldera of a volcanic island?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Harte

Indeed you could but of course some sites would have caught the attention of early imaginative beings rather more than others take some of the holy mountains around the world for example.

But for me Harte one of the most intriguing sites that I can not wait to see properly explored also pushes human civilization RIGHT back in time, oh not to pre cromagnon time's but still right back, a pyramid that while far from as fine or perfect a work as the Giza pyramid's is still a true wonder and is potentially well over 25000 years old.

I am pretty certain you will know of Gunung Padang in Indonesia, before research was even done on the site it attracted immediate criticism and attempt's not only to discredit the research already done but to shut down further research - thankfully this annoyed the leader of the Indonesian government so it has been ongoing if not as loudly trumpeted as perhaps it should be which of course is immediately reminiscent of what happened to Virginia Steen Mcintyre whose career was ruined because she came forward with evidence that rocked the established view of humanity in the america's and put some so called expert's opinion's into the trash bin of real lunatic fringe racist lies. ****

And no matter how primitive the structure may have been this show's evidence of an ancient unclassified civilization/culture in the area at least three time's older than the fertile crescent civilization's.

Remember this was still the age of the Smithsonian and there anti diffusionist ideologicaly driven policy (and remember the power the Smithsonian wielded and still does due to it's powerful benefactors).

Knowledge is power and so are lies, one is most of the time productive and good for you but the other is usually not.

edit on 19-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
a reply to: Harte

Indeed you could but of course some sites would have caught the attention of early imaginative beings rather more than others take some of the holy mountains around the world for example.

But for me Harte one of the most intriguing sites that I can not wait to see properly explored also pushes human civilization RIGHT back in time, oh not to pre cromagnon time's but still right back, a pyramid that while far from as fine or perfect a work as the Giza pyramid's is still a true wonder and is potentially well over 25000 years old.

I am pretty certain you will know of Gunung Padang in Indonesia, before research was even done on the site it attracted immediate criticism and attempt's not only to discredit the research already done but to shut down further research - thankfully this annoyed the leader of the Indonesian government so it has been ongoing if not as loudly trumpeted as perhaps it should be which of course is immediately reminiscent of what happened to Virginia Steen Mcintyre whose career was ruined because she came forward with evidence that rocked the established view of humanity in the america's and put some so called expert's opinion's into the trash bin of real lunatic fringe racist lies.

There's no evidence that Gunung Padang was any kind of architectural structure. It's a pile of basaltic columns.

And regarding Steen-McIntyre, she certainly did not have her career ruined by coming "forward with evidence that rocked the established view of humanity in the america's and put some so called expert's opinion's into the trash bin of real lunatic fringe racist lies." Her career wasn't ruined at all, in fact, as a quick perusal of the papers she's had published since then will show.
No, McIntyre was a grad student working a grunt job for the USGS when she jumped her boss's paper concerning the site at Hueyatlaco. You should probably take note that her boss, Cynthia Irwin-Williams published the entire site report - including the dates McIntyre stole from her - a couple of months after McIntyre sealed her own fate. Not an eye was blinked, and Irwin-Williams received no backlash at all for her report.

Harte

<< 1  2  3   >>

join