It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA Iran 6 to 8 months away from having nuclear weapons .

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Yep. Speculation. Like the US navy neither confirming nor denying that the aircraft carriers carry nukes??

They wouldn't burn down the rest of the world, just parts of theeir little corner of it. Iran. Syria. Egypt. Jordan. Libya. etc...

MAD, in all but name.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Yep. Speculation. Like the US navy neither confirming nor denying that the aircraft carriers carry nukes??

They wouldn't burn down the rest of the world, just parts of theeir little corner of it. Iran. Syria. Egypt. Jordan. Libya. etc...

MAD, in all but name.

Aircraft carriers don't really need to carry nukes, that's what ballistic missile subs are for.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

No, they don't need to, but neither is it denied that they could. I've no clue if they do, or not. Don't need to know.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

If this was the 70's I'm sure speaking about Pakistan's or India's nuclear ambitions would be synonymous. Some things are cause and effect, if your enemy has the ability to end you, typically you will try to have the option to counter. This isn't about picking favorites, but it is relevant.

So you’re claiming you know for certain Israel does have nuclear weapons? We’ve been over that .

What if they don’t and Iran gets them first?

Will you apply the same logic in your next post and vehemently defend Israel’s right to have nuclear weapons ?

I'm not offended, it's just taking the easy way out to try and end discussion about our relationship with Israel, and why this means Iranian nuclear capability is suddenly an American concern.

Your whole argument boils down to Israel definitely having nuclear weapons. You’re making assumptions excuse me if I wait for proof .

Or like when they call you racist just because you're talking about people who look differently yea?

It depends on what you’re saying. If you’re making accusations with no proof just because you don’t like them it’s a liberal tactic .

The point is, Iranian nuclear capability is not our (or at least mine, or my countries) concern. I don't envision a time where they would just lob one over (primarily because they lack the capability to do so) for any reason as they know it would be the end of them.

Of course it’s not up to us alone.

It’s up to the 189 members of the nuclear proliferation treaty which includes Iran .

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
DBL

GD it 🤦‍♂️
edit on 6-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Iran has as much right to have them as any country.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Look, it's widely accepted they have nukes. Several people who would have that knowledge have said they do, and there has allegedly done underground testing. They'll likely never officially admit it, that's there MO... And this may come to a surprise to you, but frankly, whether they do or not doesn't concern me.

I haven't defended Iran in their quest, simply I've maintained its not my countries problem.

As far as Iranian threat to us, we're better off focusing on our vulnerable cyber space, as they could do more harm to us through that.

And those that are oppose to Iran having a nuke are welcome to take care of that themselves with their citizens tax dollars.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

Personally I don't think any nation has the right to them... They have the capability to make and or possess them.

But pandoras box is open, and there is likely no closing it. But anytime a nation obtains their own, it's likely due to a perceived threat. It would come as no surprise when the perceived threat feels threatened and seeks their own.

While MAD is a deterrent, a new country obtaining them likely leads to more. Saudi Arabia may be next.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

No, they don't need to, but neither is it denied that they could. I've no clue if they do, or not. Don't need to know.

You could carry a nuke in your car. Just because something is possible doesn't mean it's practical. Of course they could, they just have no reason to. It's possible during a future major conflict they might be deployed on a carrier. The F-35 is capable of delivering a low-yield nuclear weapon. To my knowledge, none of the Navy's other aircraft are nuclear-capable.
edit on 6 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
DBL

GD it 🤦‍♂️

Is it me or is that window at the bottom of the hour where the site is jacked up getting longer? It used to just be from about :29 to :31 or :32. Now it seems to start at :27 and last until :32 or :33 sometimes.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

The point is, Iranian nuclear capability is not our (or at least mine, or my countries) concern. I don't envision a time where they would just lob one over (primarily because they lack the capability to do so) for any reason as they know it would be the end of them.

Of course it’s not up to us alone.

It’s up to the 189 members of the nuclear proliferation treaty which includes Iran .

Right on. What's the point of having the treaty if we don't enforce it? Once you start letting one country have them, others will want it. As you noted earlier, the more countries that have them, the more likely they are to be used.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Widely excepted but not known.

You seem to be rather cavalier with nuclear weapons .

If one goes off there’s a good chance they all will go off.

The restrictions on countries having them.

Have kept us pretty safe till now.

BTW earlier you said that my apology was ............

it's just taking the easy way out to try and end discussion

There’s an easier way to do that.

Don’t answer a question that is asked .

Using your logic .

If Iran already had nuclear weapons and Israel was trying to develop them. Would you defend Israel’s right to nuclear weapons so staunchly .

There’s another point I’d like to make concerning stability . Have you ever heard of al-Qiyamah?

Islamic eschatology is the aspect of Islamic theology concerning ideas of life after death, matters of the soul, and the "Day of Judgement," known as Yawm al-Qiyāmah (Arabic: يوم القيامة‎, IPA: [jawmu‿l.qijaːma], "the Day of Resurrection") or Yawm ad-Dīn (يوم الدين, Arabic pronunciation: [jawmu‿d.diːn], "the Day of Judgment").[1] The Day of Judgement is characterized by the annihilation of all life, which will then be followed by the resurrection and judgment by God. It is not specified when al-Qiyamah will happen, but according to prophecy elaborated by hadith-literature, there are major and minor signs that will foretell its coming.[2][3] Multiple verses in the Qur'an mention the Last Judgment.[4][5]

We’re talking about a religion that makes people get down on her knees five times a day . Where followers will gladly strap on a bomb and blow theirselves up, throw homosexuals off buildings, Stone 14-year-old girls to death for kissing a boy and shoot a girl in the head for going to school .

Iran has morality police that beat women in the street .

Who in the hell would want a country that practices such a barbaric religion and holds such low value on human life to have nuclear capabilities .

Keep in mind the Mullahs are hard-core fundamentalist .

Giving them nukes is a lot like giving Charles Manson you’re gun then walking down range .

Wiki

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Not sure but I’m beginning to suspect ATS is in some kind a gravity warp that effects time ? 🤔

The four hour to edit option is really under two hours .

Scary .

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   

If Iran already had nuclear weapons and Israel was trying to develop them. Would you defend Israel’s right to nuclear weapons so staunchly .

I've never defended Iran, or expressed having nukes is anyone's right.

I said it's not for my country to deter (with force).

Edit: to try to answer your question I'm not in any quest to disarm Israel.
edit on 6-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You’ve said we should leave a sovereign nation alone.

Would you feel the same way under my scenario?

I just want to get you on record.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I believe if we fix our house and focus on it, we won't have to worry about every country around the world. We don't mess with them, they don't mess with us.

That keeps our military strong because it's not over streched breeding the next wave of hostiles by being on their soil.

And if someone attacks us, I'll pick up a gun and go.... I'm a really good shot.

But I don't advocate for fights I'm not willing to partake in, aka us not being attacked.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:31 PM
link   

You’re not gonna answer it are you ?

When I’m talking with someone I will be honest even if I’m wrong.

I did it in this thread when I apologized .

In the future I would appreciate the same courtesy .

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: purplemer

You being serious? Iran is a proven state sponsor of terror and has caused the death by these means of hundreds of America, Israeli, British lives. Iran can be Iran but let them have the right to have nukes? It's the craziest idea on here in months

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

You’re not gonna answer it are you ?

When I’m talking with someone I will be honest even if I’m wrong.

I've tried to answer it the best I can, but the question is flawed.

You keep asking if I would defend Israel's right to have a nuke as much as Iran.

I've said many times I haven't defended Iran, I just don't think it's for my countries tax payers to do anything past sanctions.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

You’re playing word games your intent was clear . So here you go .

Iranian nuclear capability is not our (or at least mine,or my countries) concern

Do you feel the same way about Israel ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join