It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA Iran 6 to 8 months away from having nuclear weapons .

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

I have a question for you. And I have answered all of yours.

If Iran openly says they are going to make a nuke, do you think the US military should intervene to prevent it? And are you open to the possibility of war?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Yes but not unilaterally .

Our conversation could’ve ended just as quick earlier with a direct answer .

I also already told you what I would want the US to do.

A full and complete naval blockade .

Your automatic assumption seems to be we are going to invade and kill millions .

Were you the same way about Venezuela ?
edit on 8-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Our conversation could’ve ended just as quick earlier with a direct answer .

I've been direct.

Thank you for doing the same on that question.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Do you think less people would’ve died in South Korea under the Kims rule during the last 60 years?

Who knows. My personal opinion is it wasn't our fight though, and we lost a lot and are still involved there when we didn't have to go for a stalemate

I’ll be glad to discuss death totals this evening if you start a thread and quit dragging this one off topic .

IgnoranceIsntBlisss has one that he linked.

But it's very relavent that this could add to that.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

A full naval blockade would up the chances of Iran actually using one of those nukes by 1000%.

Bottom line...nothing is going to stop Iran from getting nukes if that's what they're determined to do. Nothing. If the west was unable to stop lil Kimmy in NK from getting nukes then they damn sure aren't going to stop Iran!!

And, as always...conventional warfare in the shadow of nuclear weapons is not possible.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

When I 1st read it, I thought it said IKEA

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You’re still doing whatever you can not to answer my question.

I said I would give you those numbers. But it still doesn’t add up to millions per decade .

In case you’re deficient by Webster standards.

Per means each .

Which means you were exaggerating.

Caught in a lie and unable to admit it.

And using the exaggeration/lie as a reason to avoid a question with an obvious answer .

Now I assume you’re going to come back with the same narrative .

Predictable

BTW I know the US has done #ty things and killed millions over the decades . ( that’s called honesty you should try it )

I’m not defending that .

I’m only attacking your misrepresentation and exaggeration .

Which you used as a crutch to avoid my question .

Dude I( asked you at the end of the last page what "the question" even.

I dont have a desk I sit Indian Style on hard tile here to engage, at the moment.

Man up.

You've severely dodged real substance in these past several pages in the name of this "question" I've supposedly deliberately dodged.

Whatever was going on in the thread when I finally chose to seriously engage, if the question has to do with that stretch (as it seems it might), well sure reality of the page in total finally got me to engage. Which strangely you've only lamented us all keeping it going since. Fresh meat it takes to propel a dying topic beyond pure talking in circles. Yet 11 pages strong and on page 10 you demand we start a new topic. And people think I'm weird!

edit on 9-6-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

Thank you

Do you think less people would’ve died in South Korea under the Kims rule during the last 60 years?

Who ever said the US had to be there the last 60 years? They've had the population numbers to win. They've had the infrastructure numbers to win. They've had the industrial production capability to win. They've had the economic prowess status to win. For at least 20 years. They've been poised to defeat North Korean acts of war of every sort (which note mere economic sanctions is an act of war) annually for decades now. People in South Korea by poll barely even recognize North Korea as a threat.

While US being there has minimalized the arms theyd buy, and handed them naval manufacturing prowess status beyond ours.

And agitated the North Koreans into a constant Offense-Defense posture.

Not unlike the situation in Iran (ear-on).

edit on 9-6-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Iran needs Nuclear weapons to protect itself. It is surrounded by nuts with them who have threatened to destroy their country. Add to that Saudi's getting the tech from the U.S, Wont be long before terror groups are running around with all kinds of new W.M.D's.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

The question was has the US ever done anything good ?

Secondly I wasn’t defending US policy and that’s what you were pressing on .

When I asked “the question “.

Your response was the US is killed millions per decade .

That wasn’t an answer it was moving the goalpost.?

I called your claim that the US killed millions per decade a exaggeration.

You know it was, but you continue defended your statement. With numbers that don’t add up to millions per decade . (BTW that would be at least 2 million per decade )

Right now I’m at the point of why bother.

edit on 9-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I called your claim that the US killed millions per decade a exaggeration.

To be fair, he said millions die to US foreign policy. Which could include but is not limited to CIA enevors to create unrest, sanctions that bring economies to their knees ect.

While I'm sure both sides could argue that point till they are blue and the face, and each side would have good points, it would be difficult to prove.

He also elaborated to include those points after his initial claim which was die to... Not get killed by.

Either way, I believe his point being that if you asked all parties involved post WWII, most people (especially foreign) would say they felt negatively impacted rather than positive.

And I think that's an important thing to consider when we discuss possibilities of future intervention.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

His original post said “ Per decade “

ATS

Edit

When I looked back I did see that ignorance is bliss had answered my question.

My bad dude .

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

He also said die per decade due to us foreign policy, not killed by war. There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 9 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I’m tired of this circular discussion.

you win

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Now you're just trolling.

I said million NOT millionS per decade.

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Million plus per decade die due to US Foreign Policy.

And provided data, which note the night I made that I only spent a few hours total meaning

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++

10 years old, and the trend persisted even under Nobel Peace Punk Obama.

Which did render the question irrelevant, the question that was silly like anyone is going to say the US does NOTHING good not ever ever (EVER).

You're welcome for helping keep the thread going another two pages BTW (by bringing serious perspective).

Check that, perhaps it isnt silly question if we look at it from the flip side: Does the US do any wrong ever??

edit on 10-6-2019 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

You rendered nothing moot.

Neither did you prove the US is solely responsible and caused the death of millions per decade .

If you want to get nasty about it let’s see your data that back’s your exaggerated BS.

Prove millions died every decade due to US policy or war. Millions I repeat millions every 10 years let’s see it .

You can’t do it by bringing up a couple hundred thousand here in a couple hundred thousand there. I want you to prove each decade that your claim is valid .

Unlike you there’s some give on my side because I am truthful. Yes the US is responsible for many deaths per decade. But it’s not 1,000,000+ per decade thatis just sensationalized for personal narrative .

All that claim was is a stupid opinion based on personal hatred and anger .

Nothing more than Hyperbole.
edit on 10-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Crap, apparently I edited my post above where I meant to be responding to your last one. Argh.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Yes the US does wrong all the time.

I’ve admitted that several times because I’m not trying to be evasive .

Furthermore

If I make an exaggeration, my personal position, self-esteem or ego won’t get in the way of me admitting it .

I don’t think my opinions are so precarious that to give 1 mm in my statement would make my whole position collapse.

Character and self-confidence gives you lots of room to adjust .

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

A million, ONE million (singular NOT plural) is what I said and you've been told that multiple times now yet you keep saying I said millionS per decade. Averaged out for every decade it hits the mark (where that number doesnt even include Korea, WW1, WW, Revolutionary War, Civil War, amongst literally hundreds of other skirmishes battles bouts of economic warfare etc [not to mention the screamingly unjust sorts that 'should' be on that list]), meanwhile nearly every decade since WW2 the million (ONE million) dead per year number is there.

So go on, do it, LIE again and insist I said millionS per year.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Let’ see the figures were 1,000,000+ died per decade solely at the hands of the evil Americans . 1954 to 1972 8.6 million Vietnamese died. How do you know we didn’t save some lives ?

The US propped up south Vietnam Russia and China foreign-policy propped up north Vietnam. But you want to stick the blame solely on us.

That shows your bias and lack of true understanding on which you speak .

I guess the North Koreans were handing out bubblegum, and smiles ?

The North Vietnamese and Viet cong must not have been capturing killing and torturing villages. They just took them to the day spa for the weekend . Where they got a makeover .

I stand corrected on you saying millions. You said 1,000,000+ .

That’s the honesty thing again you should try it.

You know your claims are exaggerated .
edit on 10-6-2019 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join