It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: projectvxn

If only Trump had gone this route in the first place.

However I got to add. If you aren't targeting businesses that hire illegal laborers. Then you aren't fully addressing the issue.

I agree. Then again, how can you hire illegals if there are no illegals to hire? *points to temple*
edit on 6-6-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Accounts of Mexican Drug Cartels frozen by US/Mexico

This is a twitter post by an OANN correspondent.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatophobia
I don't understand how you guys don't see these migrants as human. Is it because you've never actually met a real immigrant before? You are acting as if these are ALL hardened criminals and should feel the wrath of mexican jail, and quite frankly, that's #ed. We're all human on this spinning rock just trying the best we can....

Grandson of Hispanic (Cuba) immigrant here, since you're asking if we've ever met a "real" immigrant before. My grandfather did it the right way. He would say that they need to do it the right way too. Many immigrants are proud to become citizens after going through the naturalization process and reciting the Oath of Allegiance. Illegal immigrants tarnish that process for them.

Trying the best we can is not a valid excuse to break law and screw your fellow immigrants over by cutting the line.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: CajunMetal

If they have VISAs, they're already documented. We know who they are.

SMH indeed.

TheRedneck

Actually, once their visas expire, they're undocumented. Visas are literally the document that that phrase is talking about.
And my info was old, it's actually over 60% of undocumented, or illegal, immigrants that are here via overstayed visas. For the 7th year in a row.

More Here

"It is clear from our research that persons who overstay their visas add to the US undocumented population at a higher rate than border crossers."

So the vast majority of illegal immigrants in the country today, that you're so worried about, flew in legally. How do you think they manage to survive without documentation?

It's easier to focus on what Trump tells you to, though, because the minority of immigrants from down south are an easy target. They don't speak the language, and they look different than you. So, yeah, focus on a wall while the majority of illegals carry on as normal and continue to FLY in.
edit on 6-6-2019 by CajunMetal because: clarity

edit on 6-6-2019 by CajunMetal because: truth

edit on 6-6-2019 by CajunMetal because: clarity

edit on 6-6-2019 by CajunMetal because: truth

edit on 6-6-2019 by CajunMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: Aazadan
Your house is like the country you live in, either it has walls or it's not a home. You lock your house for security, you have borders for the exact same reason , just at a larger scale.
a Country is only a country if it has a boundary, I know that boundaries are a foreign concept to some.

I have no problem with them being here legally, why should they get to cut in line?

Let me as YOU a QUESTION, why can't these people make their own country better? if they can walk 1000 or more miles, they can walk to thie respective governments and riot til things change for the better.
why can't they struggle and make their country like America is? why are they allowed to be lazy and come here where it's easy?

why is that??

Maybe they are just cowards.

Why don’t states and cities have walls?

Why should they have to make their countries better? Why not leave the country instead for a place that’s better run rather than risk their lives?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Your house is like the country you live in, either it has walls or it's not a home. You lock your house for security, you have borders for the exact same reason , just at a larger scale.
a Country is only a country if it has a boundary, I know that boundaries are a foreign concept to some.

I have no problem with them being here legally, why should they get to cut in line?

Let me as YOU a QUESTION, why can't these people make their own country better? if they can walk 1000 or more miles, they can walk to thie respective governments and riot til things change for the better.
why can't they struggle and make their country like America is? why are they allowed to be lazy and come here where it's easy?

why is that??

I love the whole "my house is different". It's the same principle. Is it racist, inhumane, or anything else to deny someone unauthorized entry into your home if they feel like they should be welcome there? Of course not. Shouldn't you allow that if you're compassionate or tolerant? Or does real life get in the way of these ideals? There's being nice, and there's letting people take advantage of you.

What’s the difference between people traveling between Texas and Wisconsin? Different states, different cultures, no walls restricting movement. Why should countries be any different? Seems to work between states...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

You do realize OANN is literally fake news? It’s run by the same people as The Washington Times, which is another fake news organization.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

You do realize OANN is literally fake news? It’s run by the same people as The Washington Times, which is another fake news organization.

Anything else you care to be wrong about today?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: Thanatophobia
I don't understand how you guys don't see these migrants as human. Is it because you've never actually met a real immigrant before? You are acting as if these are ALL hardened criminals and should feel the wrath of mexican jail, and quite frankly, that's #ed. We're all human on this spinning rock just trying the best we can....

Grandson of Hispanic (Cuba) immigrant here, since you're asking if we've ever met a "real" immigrant before. My grandfather did it the right way. He would say that they need to do it the right way too. Many immigrants are proud to become citizens after going through the naturalization process and reciting the Oath of Allegiance. Illegal immigrants tarnish that process for them.

Trying the best we can is not a valid excuse to break law and screw your fellow immigrants over by cutting the line.

So was he one of the upper class that bought his way in, or one of the many who came over on rafts illegally and given political asylum? Given your Cuban heritage, kind of hypocritical to like asylum for your family but not for the people coming now, isn’t it?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Anything else you care to be wrong about today?

I didn’t say the story was false, I said the network you were citing isn’t credible. The reason being, that their MO is to report real events but falsify the hows and whys of everything that’s going on.
edit on 6-6-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

So they didn't post anything wrong, but they are still fake?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

why is that??

I love the whole "my house is different". It's the same principle. Is it racist, inhumane, or anything else to deny someone unauthorized entry into your home if they feel like they should be welcome there? Of course not. Shouldn't you allow that if you're compassionate or tolerant? Or does real life get in the way of these ideals? There's being nice, and there's letting people take advantage of you.

What’s the difference between people traveling between Texas and Wisconsin? Different states, different cultures, no walls restricting movement. Why should countries be any different? Seems to work between states...

Because that's the nature of what's known as the nation-state. Look it up and educate yourself. Until that changes, they need to come here legally. You don't get to break the law just because you think the law is stupid. Maybe I think it's stupid I'm not allowed to rob you. Have a heart. Give me your money.

Also, nice job ignoring the post below where you got caught lying. You really are quite the character. You blatantly lie and think you get to pick and choose which laws are valid. You really think you're special don't ya? Newsflash: you're not.

a reply to: face23785

Actually he was talking about releasing the criminals, just the illegals were actively welcomed.

You literally made that up. Why do you have to lie? Is your position so indefensible you can't defend it with facts? You have to make # up?

Washington Post

It wasn't just criminals. Don't post lies.

ETA: Not to mention sanctuary cities actively support criminal illegals. Ask the girl who was recently murdered after Maryland officials protected some illegals from ICE

edit on 6 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So they didn't post anything wrong, but they are still fake?

He's endowment-level brainwashed. If he doesn't like it, it's fake.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

Actually, once their visas expire, they're undocumented.

You mean they turn into someone else?

We know who they are because we approved their visit. That's not to say they should be ignored; they should be deported. But they're not hardened criminals, whereas some of those crossing the border illegally are hardened criminals who will go on to commit pretty severe crimes here if allowed to do so.

Heck, we don't even know how many are crossing the southern border... we have estimates. You can't count someone you haven't apprehended, and it's a sure bet we don't apprehend everyone every time. We know how many people came in on VISAs, because we can count the number of VISAs.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Then we can talk about how many we can handle. It's likely more than we legally take in now.

It's hard to trust that republicans in congress would do this. More likely they would push and push till no one is allowed in.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Not really.

Not really - what? My statement was directed at the speed of the Mexican government responding to the US's proposed plan. It was quick. It should help those getting caught in the middle.

Are you saying "not really" to the speed? "Not really" that it could help people from getting taken advantage of? Or that people getting taken advantage of is "not really" a problem?

I was not aware of thousands and thousands of Asians coming here illegally via airports. Maybe they should put some resources at the airports to check for these things. The numbers must be enormous.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

More likely they would push and push till no one is allowed in.

What abject nonsense.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Yes we have tried helping some of them just to have their own governments waste the aid.

Sad but true.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You're right; it's not very successful.

The problem is corruption. We can send all the money we want to these other countries, but we can't spend it for them. Too many of the leaders prefer to spend the foreign aid on things that will benefit them instead of things that will benefit their people. That's something we can't fix without literally invading the countries militarily... which I adamantly oppose.

At some point, people have to be willing to help themselves. By allowing illegal immigration, we are removing the impetus for the people to throw out those corrupt leaders and are perpetuating the problem. If the US closes the border, the people will have to fix their own country, and we can help with that.

TheRedneck

Agree. Except on the fully closed border part. We do need growth from immigration, it's good for any country and,

I just don't think the wall will fix it.

But who knows? We might just get to see if it does.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join