It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Depressing wages is largely due to their status as illegals, without that they wouldn’t do that any more than any other labor supply issue would and that’s covered by market forces.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: LSU2018

I bet you don’t either. How are they impacting you? Gang activity? That’s what the police and prison are for. Otherwise I bet you aren’t being hurt by then at all. Those who work each day and go home.

I sure don't. I choose not to because they come here illegally and try to post their flags above ours and take over city blocks. Why should we have Spanish written on everything? Those who come here legally know English. But the problem here is that you don't know what they're capable of and you ignore the news that reports on them, so in the process you think they should be able to come here unlawfully. I've yet to meet a 1st generation Mexican who came here legally, support illegal immigration. They hate illegals more than you think we do, and for a very good reason.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
a reply to: Malisa

Those tons of Mexicans willing to give anything and do anything are currently awaiting patiently to become legal citizens while the others are selfishly #ing them and sneaking over here to implant their flags over ours and/or set up shop to run cartels. None of the lefties crying about illegals seem to think about the ones doing this the legal way. I guess because the legal ones loathe the illegals ones and don't support democrats.

If this theory were accurate then impoverished areas in the US would be having the same effect as people flee places like Appalachia.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Its that way here as well . I bought this property 21 years ago, and for years didn`t even have to lock the doors at night.

Last week there were 3 incidents here on my property --- either my neighbors or my husband chased them off (armed ) each time . They even came up on my front porch ... personal property means nothing to someone who will break the law (and get away with it) to be here in the first place.

If we were not so old we would sell and move as far out into the boonies as we could get. Our small town is no longer safe, and its a shame.

There is NO excuse for illegal immigration to ever be ok for any reason. We have laws as a nation, and they are there for a reason. It is insane to reward illegal behavior , and that is what is happening . If you are here illegally, you should be removed--- no matter how old or anything else. Enough is enough, and I am glad to see people opening their eyes finally to the problem.

This is so true. It's that entitled attitude. It doesn't just go away when they get here. Sure there are people who sneak in and then just hold a job and raise a family, but for every one of them there's a scumbag who thinks he should have everything you have, without having to work for it. You can't control which is which when we're just letting thousands come in wholesale.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

Of the 8 million or so illegals working in the USA, it's estimated that 1/2 of them are not using illegal documentation.

So that's still some 4 million being paid under the table.

So obviously if the I-9 isn't working. There needs to be a better way to vet employees.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Actually he was talking about releasing the criminals, just the illegals were actively welcomed.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Or he can compete at the market wage. Limiting market access is the last resort of the non competitive product and results in even more catastrophic losses down the line.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

Draconian rules? Really.

Having to hire legal aliens, who've jumped thrrough all the hoops, or citizens is draconian? Again, really?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

I bet you don’t either. How are they impacting you? Gang activity? That’s what the police and prison are for. Otherwise I bet you aren’t being hurt by then at all. Those who work each day and go home.

I sure don't. I choose not to because they come here illegally and try to post their flags above ours and take over city blocks. Why should we have Spanish written on everything? Those who come here legally know English. But the problem here is that you don't know what they're capable of and you ignore the news that reports on them, so in the process you think they should be able to come here unlawfully. I've yet to meet a 1st generation Mexican who came here legally, support illegal immigration. They hate illegals more than you think we do, and for a very good reason.

Liberals try to pretend the whole "learn English" thing is oppressive or something. It's part of assimilating. If you go to French Canada motha#ers who KNOW English will still talk French to you just out of spite. Isn't that racism or oppression? No, they're just proud of their heritage, and maybe a bit of an asshole. When our ancestors came here from places like Italy, France, Germany, China, Japan, they brought their culture but they also integrated into this one. Most of them learned English or at the very least insisted that their children did. There weren't any welfare programs to help them. How did they make it but these people coming here today can't come legally and assimilate? It's total BS meant to tug at the heartstrings of gullible people for votes.
edit on 6 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Actually he was talking about releasing the criminals, just the illegals were actively welcomed.

You literally made that up. Why do you have to lie? Is your position so indefensible you can't defend it with facts? You have to make # up?

Washington Post

It wasn't just criminals. Don't post lies.

ETA: Not to mention sanctuary cities actively support criminal illegals. Ask the girl who was recently murdered after Maryland officials protected some illegals from ICE
edit on 6 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Depressing wages is largely due to their status as illegals

Say this to yourself outloud.

without that they wouldn’t do that any more than any other labor supply issue would and that’s covered by market forces.

You seem to be cobbling together economic buzzwords without actually knowing how it all works.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Immigration law places artificial barriers to entry on the labor market.

Oh.

Well, right now first-offense illegal entry is a misdemeanor. Would the law be more reasonable if we made it a felony?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Your house is like the country you live in, either it has walls or it's not a home. You lock your house for security, you have borders for the exact same reason , just at a larger scale.
a Country is only a country if it has a boundary, I know that boundaries are a foreign concept to some.

I have no problem with them being here legally, why should they get to cut in line?

Let me as YOU a QUESTION, why can't these people make their own country better? if they can walk 1000 or more miles, they can walk to thie respective governments and riot til things change for the better.
why can't they struggle and make their country like America is? why are they allowed to be lazy and come here where it's easy?

why is that??

Maybe they are just cowards.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati
Your house is like the country you live in, either it has walls or it's not a home. You lock your house for security, you have borders for the exact same reason , just at a larger scale.
a Country is only a country if it has a boundary, I know that boundaries are a foreign concept to some.

I have no problem with them being here legally, why should they get to cut in line?

Let me as YOU a QUESTION, why can't these people make their own country better? if they can walk 1000 or more miles, they can walk to thie respective governments and riot til things change for the better.
why can't they struggle and make their country like America is? why are they allowed to be lazy and come here where it's easy?

why is that??

Maybe they are just cowards.

I love the whole "my house is different". It's the same principle. Is it racist, inhumane, or anything else to deny someone unauthorized entry into your home if they feel like they should be welcome there? Of course not. Shouldn't you allow that if you're compassionate or tolerant? Or does real life get in the way of these ideals? There's being nice, and there's letting people take advantage of you.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The other 49% of illegals are here on expired visas and y’all all are talking about how illegal immigrants should come here legally. Smh

49%.

But they’re not the brown ones so it’s okay, right?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CajunMetal

If they have VISAs, they're already documented. We know who they are.

SMH indeed.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yeah, that I-9 can be a problem, too. If that SSN an illegal alien gets on the sly happens to match yours, the IRS calculates those earnings along with your actual earnings... so you can get billed for paying the illegal alien's taxes, and fined for not knowing about it and reporting it as income!

I knew a guy who had that happen. I don't know if he ever resolved the issue.

TheRedneck

We had a guy who worked at our golf course. he was an illegal, super nice guy, nice family. he befriended a guy here who tried to help him get legal. Lots of us were looking out for him and trying to get him squared away. well, he found out that the SSN he was using had unclaimed income tax money, so he tried to file taxes to get it. turns out, the guy who has that same SSN with the tax money, was also a dead beat dad who owed a boat load in child support. The feds came to arrest the dead beat dad at the address given, but only found an illegal family. They were all sent back to Mexico. Greed got them in the end.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: CajunMetal
The other 49% of illegals are here on expired visas and y’all all are talking about how illegal immigrants should come here legally. Smh

49%.

But they’re not the brown ones so it’s okay, right?

Another one making things up. No one is concerned about skin color, that's just something ya'll pretend because it's easier to call someone racist than it is to argue facts. Illegal immigration of all kinds should be stopped. Over the border is infinitely more dangerous though because:
1) there's no way to actually track the numbers
2) there's no way to know what they bring in. VISA overstays mostly fly in, and they go through customs. We know they're not bringing in weapons, drugs, or other people

The equivocation is asinine. But no, we're not okay with VISA overstays either. Just another thing you've been lied to about and continue to believe despite no one saying that. Stop lying.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yeah, that I-9 can be a problem, too. If that SSN an illegal alien gets on the sly happens to match yours, the IRS calculates those earnings along with your actual earnings... so you can get billed for paying the illegal alien's taxes, and fined for not knowing about it and reporting it as income!

I knew a guy who had that happen. I don't know if he ever resolved the issue.

TheRedneck

We had a guy who worked at our golf course. he was an illegal, super nice guy, nice family. he befriended a guy here who tried to help him get legal. Lots of us were looking out for him and trying to get him squared away. well, he found out that the SSN he was using had unclaimed income tax money, so he tried to file taxes to get it. turns out, the guy who has that same SSN with the tax money, was also a dead beat dad who owed a boat load in child support. The feds came to arrest the dead beat dad at the address given, but only found an illegal family. They were all sent back to Mexico. Greed got them in the end.

Wait, you mean they're not all just poor single mothers cleaning hotel rooms and paying taxes, not hurting anyone?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:13 PM
link   

But no, we're not okay with VISA overstays either. Just another thing you've been lied to about and continue to believe despite no one saying that.

If memory serves, weren't the Democrats the ones who wanted to get rid of the organization that would enforce VISA overstays (aka ICE)?

Hmmm... the mind boogles...

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join