It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: thedigirati

A home is private property, residing in a country is not. There is a big difference, I’m not saying to let them in your home. What’s the issue with letting them live and work here though?

Depressing wages, crime, system stress that otherwise wouldn't be there without a bunch of illegals. That is stress on social services, schools, and healthcare in terms of cost.

Then there's disease, drugs, human trafficking (especially children), and the gangs that come in with them.

I see you in post after post dismissing these concerns as trivialities when they aren't. There's no reason for us to absorb these abuses and we won't.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

a reply to: TheRedneck

Do we? Then we’re not very successful at it given the position of the cartels in those countries and the income of their citizens.

it's like you reside in some other world.
www.nytimes.com...

Perhaps trying to listen, and learn a bit might help. Is there a problem in mexico? Is there a problem at the border? Are border patrol equipped for the current numbers? Would less immigrants trying to enter make it less or more likely that we get things under control like sick kids dying?

You can pretend to be virtuous, and whatever other feelz you have, but you need to at the very least, understand reality. it's here, and it's real.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

a reply to: thedigirati

A home is private property, residing in a country is not. There is a big difference, I’m not saying to let them in your home. What’s the issue with letting them live and work here though?

Depressing wages, crime, system stress that otherwise wouldn't be there without a bunch of illegals. That is stress on social services, schools, and healthcare in terms of cost.

Then there's disease, drugs, human trafficking (especially children), and the gangs that come in with them.

I see you in post after post dismissing these concerns as trivialities when they aren't. There's no reason for us to absorb these abuses and we won't.

THIS. Move to Casa Grande Arizona. Rent a house. And, every, single, night, expect some illegals to try to break into your house/garage/shed/car/truck.

Been there. Done that. Spent many a night calling the police who then would arrest them, then release them. 2 times, I held the perps at gunpoint until the police arrived. Oh, and the damage they caused? We had to personally fix and pay for.

Build the damn wall.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Mexico is no different than southern California. We can either make southern California part of Mexico or make Mexico New California. Both are third world colons.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

Those tons of Mexicans willing to give anything and do anything are currently awaiting patiently to become legal citizens while the others are selfishly #ing them and sneaking over here to implant their flags over ours and/or set up shop to run cartels. None of the lefties crying about illegals seem to think about the ones doing this the legal way. I guess because the legal ones loathe the illegals ones and don't support democrats.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Its that way here as well . I bought this property 21 years ago, and for years didn`t even have to lock the doors at night.

Last week there were 3 incidents here on my property --- either my neighbors or my husband chased them off (armed ) each time . They even came up on my front porch ... personal property means nothing to someone who will break the law (and get away with it) to be here in the first place.

If we were not so old we would sell and move as far out into the boonies as we could get. Our small town is no longer safe, and its a shame.

There is NO excuse for illegal immigration to ever be ok for any reason. We have laws as a nation, and they are there for a reason. It is insane to reward illegal behavior , and that is what is happening . If you are here illegally, you should be removed--- no matter how old or anything else. Enough is enough, and I am glad to see people opening their eyes finally to the problem.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
However I got to add. If you aren't targeting businesses that hire illegal laborers. Then you aren't fully addressing the issue.

Total BS.

It isn't the businesses hiring them. It is the free stuff (medical, welfare handouts, etc) they get that draw them.

Abolish any and all government handouts for non citizens, and the problem basically goes away - or back to the tiny (by comparison) levels of decades past.

Then, add in the wall - that is being built, in spite of what the TDS sufferers claim - and the problem is eliminated.

No unconstitutional draconian rules/regulations imposed on private businesses required.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonlover12
a reply to: fredrodgers1960

Its that way here as well . I bought this property 21 years ago, and for years didn`t even have to lock the doors at night.

Last week there were 3 incidents here on my property --- either my neighbors or my husband chased them off (armed ) each time . They even came up on my front porch ... personal property means nothing to someone who will break the law (and get away with it) to be here in the first place.

If we were not so old we would sell and move as far out into the boonies as we could get. Our small town is no longer safe, and its a shame.

There is NO excuse for illegal immigration to ever be ok for any reason. We have laws as a nation, and they are there for a reason. It is insane to reward illegal behavior , and that is what is happening . If you are here illegally, you should be removed--- no matter how old or anything else. Enough is enough, and I am glad to see people opening their eyes finally to the problem.

We decided to move back to NC. We tried moving to Apache Junction, which is farther north, but alas, that only changed the frequency of break in attempts to once a week.

There, I actually held 3 illegals at gunpoint until the police arrived when they literally broke a window and were trying to climb in the house. Wife held a gun on the inside, I went outside and held one out there.

Result?

They were released the following morning, and tried to break into a house 4 doors down with the exact same result.

Here in NC, we own a property that they would have to walk a mile just to get here.

The damage that illegals do needs to be a point of a nationwide investigation to show exactly how much this really costs the US citizens.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, already exists. www.uscis.gov... Employers submit the form along with a photocopy of the new hire's identification. They check the ssn or tax id number against a list of numbers that are ineligible for employment in the US.

After they are rubber stamped and and the earnings reported to the IRS, and the employee files his 1040 and issues a tax refund. [url]https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/04/13/irs-admits-it-encourages-illegals-to-steal-social-security-numbers-for-taxes/#15fa76cd4c04[/ur l]

How should the business be punished after every employee is "vetted" by two federal agencies under existing law?

a reply to: Justoneman

Our lack of a proper ability to enforce current laws encourages illegal immigrants to lie and rewards them for the effort.
edit on 6-6-2019 by Jason79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

Yeah, that I-9 can be a problem, too. If that SSN an illegal alien gets on the sly happens to match yours, the IRS calculates those earnings along with your actual earnings... so you can get billed for paying the illegal alien's taxes, and fined for not knowing about it and reporting it as income!

I knew a guy who had that happen. I don't know if he ever resolved the issue.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: projectvxn

If only Trump had gone this route in the first place.

However I got to add. If you aren't targeting businesses that hire illegal laborers. Then you aren't fully addressing the issue.

Exactly! This is GREAT, don't get me wrong, but a 3 strikes you're out for businesses knowingly hiring illegals (whether directly or subcontracted.)

At 3 strikes, the business is nationalized and sold off as newly-issued stock, revenues used to offset tax reductions, pay down debt, however you want to look at it.

Stockholders would put pressure on businesses to be very careful not to employ illegals, as, if they were caught, their stock would be worthless.

Its a win-win - the usefulness of the corporations could continue, as they would continue operating, the perpetrators would lose their wealth, and the nation would gain back some of what they've lost through businesses and individuals fighting a labor war against the people of the United States. It would also discourage illegal immigration, except for criminals, who could then be treated as enemy combatants.

originally posted by: Jason79

Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, already exists. www.uscis.gov... Employers submit the form along with a photocopy of the new hire's identification. They check the ssn or tax id number against a list of numbers that are ineligible for employment in the US.

After they are rubber stamped and and the earnings reported to the IRS, and the employee files his 1040 and issues a tax refund. [url]https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertwood/2016/04/13/irs-admits-it-encourages-illegals-to-steal-social-security-numbers-for-taxes/#15fa76cd4c04[/ur l]

How should the business be punished after every employee is "vetted" by two federal agencies under existing law?

a reply to: Justoneman

Our lack of a proper ability to enforce current laws encourages illegal immigrants to lie and rewards them for the effort.

Good points - we need to fix this. What's messed up, is one of the oldest conspiracies of all, the "mark of the Beast" microchip, is looking more and more like an inevitable solution. Go figure

edit on 6/6/2019 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

If you aren't targeting businesses that hire illegal laborers. Then you aren't fully addressing the issue.

That's the issue in a nut shell, right there. No market for them, or jobs, they don't, or not as many any way, come here.

That's why this notion of "sanctuary cities" is such an issue, and a problem. Hard to find the illegals, much less remove them, when city govt's actively interfere.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ABNARTY

I will throw US employers who hire illegals in that category with the Coyotes and drug trafficers.

So do I.

Just because they're sitting in board rooms, or offices, doesn't lessen their complicity in the slightest. Jail times. Hefty fines...say on the order of 25% of gross yearly profits--rounded up to the nearest million for the larger offenders would be a start to curtailing this.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You know, back in the 1980s when Reagan made his deal with Congress to legalize all illegal aliens in exchange for a wall, the wall would have been enough. But we're way past that now. We have to have the wall (which is under construction finally), but we also have to remove sanctuary cities, crack down on employers, spend a crapload of money on ICE, and rework immigration law to completely fix the issue. It's a lot like leaving a splinter in and letting it fester until there's an infection the size of Cleveland... better to lance the damn thing at first and avoid all that pain.

But we all know what happened back then: as usual, Congress did the same thing they always do (renege on their promises) after Reagan kept his end of the deal.

At least we have a chance now to actually fix some of the issue under Trump... hopefully enough to survive the next couple of decades without having to hire a wildman to get things done.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:30 PM
link   

I remember. I remember that as the beginning of the end of Thomas Foley's career in DC, as well.

At the time, his seat in DC was as automatic as any, and as a future Speaker he wielded enormous clout. He was majority whip at the time, I think.

After that, he actually had to come back to his district, and campaign.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Aazadan

And all of that is assuming that illegals are even a problem in the first place, which they aren't.

Delusional at best.

Yeah we saw what a benefit they really are when Trump talked about sending all the illegals to sanctuary cities and they all threw a fit. It should totally help their economies right? Illegals are a net benefit right? Places like San Fran and LA could sure use the help.

Unless those claims that they're a net benefit to the economy are lies.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So you would rather him find a better skill set than to get a job at a hotel just so the illegals can find a job here?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Starhooker
a reply to: Lumenari

The lack of homegrown skilled tradesman is partly because the trades aren't jobs kids go to college for. And everyone wants their kids to go to college. Thus those jobs need to get filled somehow. Im not a fan of open borders btw.

That's not entirely their fault. Kids spend years getting brainwashed to think the only way they'll get a good job is if they go to college. They think having a degree automatically gets them a 6-figure job, don't take any consideration of the debt they're gonna accrue. Our schools are failing these kids, and in a lot of cases their parents are too.

Amen. I am so glad I had my education last Century when they taught people to think for themselves and unless you wanted Harvard, it was reasonable to take a small loan. Now they have to get 100 k$ or more of loans. One of my kids attended a state school and one semester counting housing was 15k$. The other is going to a vocational school to be a beuatician. That is 20k$ for the whole program, 1 year. Even that seems high to my thinking. But it is not wasted money like a Social Justice degree would be. AOC went to get a business degree and she got a PhD in Climate Lies.

What's scary is she got a business degree and doesn't know anything about business or economics. You wonder how she could even have graduated. I'm currently attending college and I can tell you the standards are ridiculously low. Some of these kids write so bad I don't see how they even finished high school. We've dumbed down our entire school system so everyone passes, everyone gets a degree, to the point where they've both become worthless.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Malisa

I was just saying that each mexican state would probably like to remain an individual state even if annexed.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Immigration law places artificial barriers to entry on the labor market.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join