It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatophobia
I don't understand how you guys don't see these migrants as human. Is it because you've never actually met a real immigrant before? You are acting as if these are ALL hardened criminals and should feel the wrath of mexican jail, and quite frankly, that's #ed. We're all human on this spinning rock just trying the best we can....
I’m a Mexican American and it’s not my fault or responsibility to assume care for people who willingly put themselves in this situation. Oh they are human all right and so are the Mexicans in Tijuana who agree with America and are trying to help. The rest of you in you cartel controlled city states say whatever you want as long as your not being shot at right?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I wish your assumption is correct and where thrown everything we have at it and it’s still not happening. Right now what the government here is doing is equivalent to a person shooing a fly out of its face. We are not really doing anything except denying the inevitable from happening. If we really tried with our full capability, we would have drones watching every inch of the border with drone operators standing by 24/ 7 to confirm police intercept or go ahead with a DAGR and end some “intruders” lives. But we are not doing that are we. So we are not really trying to keep them out to the best of our ability.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 6-6-2019 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Triple post
edit on 6-6-2019 by MConnalley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

originally posted by: fleabit
If the U.S. really wanted to help stop this, they would invest a bit of time and money in helping some of Mexico's issues. They become stronger, immigration is reduced, and they become a much stronger trade partner. Instead, we threaten their AND our livelihood to force what?

So you feel a better course of action would be to reward Mexico for its part in the immigration crisis, and effectively make them dependent upon US funds to maintain their border security? You want to throw money at the problem? It's really hard, I mean REALLY hard for me to want to unwrap this one for you. You're going to have to meet me halfway. We'll start with a hypothetical:

If you're an employee at a store a toddler steals candy do you:
a) Beat the kid, take the candy from them, call the cops.
b) Ask their parents if they have money for the candy, and if they don't, ask for the candy back from them.
c) Let them leave the store, pay for the candy out of your own pocket.

Screw there lively hood. Sounds like #ty rhetoric that Mexico’s president was spouting during the elections debates. The right side of the spectrum had nothing but helpful and good things to say about the reality of the situation but the now president was just like “ # America we will work together as a third world country to help our southern border with another 3 world country and together you will make it even more 3 world” and that was it he was elected and now we have to suffer the idiots consequences for the time being.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

originally posted by: Aazadan

A million a month coming into this country by air....wow. In 2 years that's like 20 million(19ish by air, 1 by border crossing).

You must be livid at those numbers.

The number that cross do not represent the number that stay. At least in the case of the southern border. It's a bit different for those who fly in.

So sandbag it, 200K a month fly in and overstay their work visa?

Since they are, eventually, undocumented they are ripe for exploitation(lower wages, poor housing accommodations, etc). Do you support the concept of creating a "serf" or "slave" subculture in a developed nation that are afraid of seeking the rights established by said nation because they are at risk of being removed from their "home" just so they can pick your #ty chemical infused vegetables and service your overpriced tech devices?

Legal immigration, with all the appropriate(legal) documentation and the RIGHTS that that entails is really the only thing anyone should support. Unless you like the newfound class of slavery that living in the shadows entails for a illegal immigrant as long as you have your "serf" class to pamper your high class(on a world scale) lifestyle. While being able to shed yourself of any personal disdain for the fact that you want essentially slaves to elevate your own living conditions above those of the ones that "serve" you.

Good lord man, you are absolutely speaking the truth!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jason79
a reply to: grey580

Only problem is illegal immigrants use fake and stolen id's to get jobs, Do you really want to give corporations broad police powers to thoroughly investigate every applicant? Pair that with our private (corporate) prisons, and the fact that the people in question are not citizens. You are dangerously close to creating a "legal" system that answers to no government and deals with 'sub-humans'. Why stop with employees, when you have the power and technology to expand it to nearly your entire customer base when they use debit, credit, or even a store rewards program?

Going in the right direction but lets look at it a tad different. Let's not blame the employer if they were lied to and can prove it.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Reu ters

The operation in Chiapas coincided with a meeting of Mexican and U.S. officials at the White House on Wednesday to thrash out a deal that would avoid blanket tariffs on Mexico threatened by U.S. President Donald Trump last week.

Hey liberals, y'all tired of being wrong yet?

This story is hot on the heels of this recent thread:
Mexico comes to the table

Looks like president Trump's tactics are working. Mexico cannot afford to ignore their responsibility in this crisis. Allowing more illegals through their territory because they make money from it is no longer an acceptable arrangement.

Liberals are so far behind, they can't even see his a$$.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Aazadan

helping the countries they come from to be more prosperous eliminates much of the draw to coming here.

We already do that. It doesn't work.

TheRedneck

Yes TR, we do it. But, we just throw it at them with no Trumpian String's attached.

Hmm

A new adjective Trumpian.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You don't lock your doors to your home do you? Nor do you lock you car, or bike?

I bet you give all your money to charities and church right? You also have no possesions of your own do you?

if you do lock your doors or do not give all your money to charities you are a bigot and a hypocrite.

But I also bet you don't know why I say these things.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

20k for a job that doesn’t even pay 10/hour and you’re ok with that? At least the person going to a real university is getting an education in addition to possibly some job skills.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

There should be no concept of being here illegally.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Trade deals, taking action to weaken cartels, and so on can do a lot of good.

Mexico’s government is so infiltrated that many workers wear masks to work so their identity doesn’t get out. That is something we can definitely help fix on our end.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Are you saying there should be no laws?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

A million a month coming into this country by air....wow. In 2 years that's like 20 million(19ish by air, 1 by border crossing).

You must be livid at those numbers.

The number that cross do not represent the number that stay. At least in the case of the southern border. It's a bit different for those who fly in.

And while it's obviously not a million per month, no those numbers don't bother me at all. I have no problem with immigrants, illegal or otherwise.

This country decided to go all in on the concept of competition. If you're scared of competing against people who have fewer legal rights and often can't even speak the language, in order to get work... then maybe you've made some bad career choices and deserve to get punished by the market since others will do your job adequately enough for less money.

A million bucks says you're either lying out of your ass or you've never spent 10 minutes around the illegals we've been referring to. Yeah, I'm that confident.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

A home is private property, residing in a country is not. There is a big difference, I’m not saying to let them in your home. What’s the issue with letting them live and work here though?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Many laws are reasonable, these ones are not.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I bet you don’t either. How are they impacting you? Gang activity? That’s what the police and prison are for. Otherwise I bet you aren’t being hurt by then at all. Those who work each day and go home.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:10 AM
link   

And how is immigration law unreasonable?

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join