It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Mexico should just become a new state. I mean that.

Gonna nitpick a little here but the United Mexican States is comprised of 31 states and the D.F. (the equivalent of D.C.). I'm thinking they would probably like to keep a bit of their autonomy. Might be 31 or 32 new states.

I'll tell you what, might as well include central america. Five more countries who together are smaller than Texas. Not right now of course. A few years down the road. Then baby step by baby step we can someday have a one world government.

Could that be the plan? I see more and more support for that, here and there.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

Mexico should just become a new state. I mean that.

Gonna nitpick a little here but the United Mexican States is comprised of 31 states and the D.F. (the equivalent of D.C.). I'm thinking they would probably like to keep a bit of their autonomy. Might be 31 or 32 new states.

I'll tell you what, might as well include central america. Five more countries who together are smaller than Texas. Not right now of course. A few years down the road. Then baby step by baby step we can someday have a one world government.

Could that be the plan? I see more and more support for that, here and there.

So the US is comprised of several States but still a single country, and every single time one of those states (we know which ones lol) tried to run away we know what happened

I think i read the Mexican union state of Coahuila did succeed to become an independent country for a while at some point but somehow it got back to just being part of the union?

Of course the idea is that everyone will end up under a single government, just look at how current western countries act. It is done deal in most countries who receive "aid" or belong to NATO these days lol

Also you must not deny that tons and tooooooons of Mexicans would do anything, and give anything in exchange to become US citizens or let their States become part of the US

I think the term "malinxhista" is appropriate here LMFAO!

edit on 6-6-2019 by Malisa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
And the Democrats are saying what's happening down on these borders is a fabricated story.

America has dropped its standards big time

No more high standards for you guys.

China is playing the serious game, Americans are. Buying ky jelly in bulk
edit on 6-6-2019 by Bloodworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Starhooker
a reply to: Lumenari

The lack of homegrown skilled tradesman is partly because the trades aren't jobs kids go to college for. And everyone wants their kids to go to college. Thus those jobs need to get filled somehow. Im not a fan of open borders btw.

That's not entirely their fault. Kids spend years getting brainwashed to think the only way they'll get a good job is if they go to college. They think having a degree automatically gets them a 6-figure job, don't take any consideration of the debt they're gonna accrue. Our schools are failing these kids, and in a lot of cases their parents are too.

Amen. I am so glad I had my education last Century when they taught people to think for themselves and unless you wanted Harvard, it was reasonable to take a small loan. Now they have to get 100 k$ or more of loans. One of my kids attended a state school and one semester counting housing was 15k$. The other is going to a vocational school to be a beuatician. That is 20k$ for the whole program, 1 year. Even that seems high to my thinking. But it is not wasted money like a Social Justice degree would be. AOC went to get a business degree and she got a PhD in Climate Lies.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Mexico is considering allowing U.S. Troops patrol their southern border.

I can almost see that happening:

Mexico: You're asking us to use our military and our police to enforce your border problems? That's a lot of expense!
Trump: I can see that. Tell you what: you can use our military to offset that expense. Just let our military help patrol your border and we'll drop the tariffs.
Mexico: We can't let you just waltz into our country! We have laws!
Trump: So do we... and we now have tariffs if you don't do it.
Mexico: But we don't need or want your military in our country!
Trump: OK, then, stop the caravans yourself. If you don't, we'll send our military to help. Otherwise, the tariffs go into effect.
Mexico: Si, senor...

Would explain the quick action...

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatophobia
I don't understand how you guys don't see these migrants as human. Is it because you've never actually met a real immigrant before? You are acting as if these are ALL hardened criminals and should feel the wrath of mexican jail, and quite frankly, that's #ed. We're all human on this spinning rock just trying the best we can....

Well that is an extreme attitude you have.

We just want it legal immigration. This isn't legal and it reeks of takeover by a foreign power.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Mexico is considering allowing U.S. Troops patrol their southern border. Because Mexico is "catch and return", instead of "catch and release" like we have in America, the job would be straight-forward.

Outside the box thinking. I like it.

Mexico's southern border is much smaller.
Shut it down there and we need not speed trillions on ours.

Mexico should just become a new state. I mean that. It would solve a lot. We would clean up there cartel problem and instantly gain a manufacturing base. All our factories that are already there. 8)

If I was sure mexico wouldn't fight back i'd say just annex it. --Very tongue in check.

I can get behind some of this. I say we become a protectorate of Mexico. They stay sovereign. We enforce their southern border and wipe out the cartels. They would flourish with our help, in theory. Of course, it would take them wanting us to be there.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: Aazadan

And all of that is assuming that illegals are even a problem in the first place, which they aren't.

Delusional at best.

How so? What are illegals taking away from you? I assume you're not competing with them for those oh so coveted hotel worker and migrant farm worker jobs. And if you are, maybe you should get a better skillset?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Since they are, eventually, undocumented they are ripe for exploitation(lower wages, poor housing accommodations, etc). Do you support the concept of creating a "serf" or "slave" subculture in a developed nation that are afraid of seeking the rights established by said nation because they are at risk of being removed from their "home" just so they can pick your #ty chemical infused vegetables and service your overpriced tech devices?

No, I don't. That's why I think full rights (including voting) should exist for anyone who resides in the US. If you live here and go about your day to day life honestly such as working, getting educated, or anything else I see no difference between them and someone who was born here that does the same thing.

If they live here and break the law, they should goto prison for an appropriate time, then be released and allowed to try again, just like citizens.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Awesome edit, see my post above, you validated it perfectly...

"If you have a problem competing with a slave race, then that's on you, not those that wish to enslave people...."

Brilliant...I'm sure 100 years ago you would have had a rockin plantation full of **ggers that you would have exploited for their labor and "fewer legal rights"(that last quote being your EXACT F'IN WORDS).

Pathetic.......

Not at all. Let anyone come here and contribute with what they have on a level playing field. The only problem with illegal immigration is that they are at a severe legal disadvantage. Remove that disadvantage and the problem goes away. Try and hunt down illegals, and it costs more money and never eliminates the underlying issue... only removes some people from being here in the first place.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: willzilla

I say we become a protectorate of Mexico. They stay sovereign. We enforce their southern border and wipe out the cartels.

I'm good with that in theory, as long as they get to stay sovereign. The only issue is, we have to make sure the establishment types never get back into power. They have this tendency of thinking "sovereign" means we own it.

The Mexican culture is very rich. It would be a shame to see that degraded by a bunch of greedy politicians.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zelun

originally posted by: fleabit
If the U.S. really wanted to help stop this, they would invest a bit of time and money in helping some of Mexico's issues. They become stronger, immigration is reduced, and they become a much stronger trade partner. Instead, we threaten their AND our livelihood to force what?

So you feel a better course of action would be to reward Mexico for its part in the immigration crisis, and effectively make them dependent upon US funds to maintain their border security? You want to throw money at the problem? It's really hard, I mean REALLY hard for me to want to unwrap this one for you. You're going to have to meet me halfway. We'll start with a hypothetical:

If you're an employee at a store a toddler steals candy do you:
a) Beat the kid, take the candy from them, call the cops.
b) Ask their parents if they have money for the candy, and if they don't, ask for the candy back from them.
c) Let them leave the store, pay for the candy out of your own pocket.

Yes. If you don't want those people to come here, and you don't like the idea of simply doing away with the concept of illegals, then helping the countries they come from to be more prosperous eliminates much of the draw to coming here.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
While we are at it we should make Canada a protectorate ... we can finally teach them how to make real bacon.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   

The only problem with illegal immigration is that they are at a severe legal disadvantage. Remove that disadvantage and the problem goes away. Try and hunt down illegals, and it costs more money and never eliminates the underlying issue... only removes some people from being here in the first place.

The only way to remove that legal disadvantage is to make everyone legal, and that will (as we are seeing right now) cause a massive influx that we simply cannot handle. The best solution is a physical barrier: a wall. Then we can talk about how many we can handle. It's likely more than we legally take in now.

With the recent court win on Trump's National Emergency and the private construction occurring, that is well on its way to completion... finally!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:17 AM
link   

helping the countries they come from to be more prosperous eliminates much of the draw to coming here.

We already do that. It doesn't work.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Do we? Then we’re not very successful at it given the position of the cartels in those countries and the income of their citizens.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   

You're right; it's not very successful.

The problem is corruption. We can send all the money we want to these other countries, but we can't spend it for them. Too many of the leaders prefer to spend the foreign aid on things that will benefit them instead of things that will benefit their people. That's something we can't fix without literally invading the countries militarily... which I adamantly oppose.

At some point, people have to be willing to help themselves. By allowing illegal immigration, we are removing the impetus for the people to throw out those corrupt leaders and are perpetuating the problem. If the US closes the border, the people will have to fix their own country, and we can help with that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Jason79

I don't think corporations should have broad police powers either.

However the main reason for illegal immigration is economic. There is work here.

So there needs to be a system in place for businesses to further scrutinize potential employees. Could be something as easy as requiring all new employees submit information for a police report or background check that gets mailed to the business.

Something.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Nice to see any politician putting it's actual citizens first.

Of course, if liberals get back into the WH, it'll be USA citizens last again.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Trump is out here playing 4D chess.

😂
Haha perfect 4D chess absolutely.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join