It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

And all of that is assuming that illegals are even a problem in the first place, which they aren't.

Delusional at best.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: MisterSpock
A million a month coming into this country by air....wow. In 2 years that's like 20 million(19ish by air, 1 by border crossing).

You must be livid at those numbers.

The number that cross do not represent the number that stay. At least in the case of the southern border. It's a bit different for those who fly in.

So sandbag it, 200K a month fly in and overstay their work visa?

Since they are, eventually, undocumented they are ripe for exploitation(lower wages, poor housing accommodations, etc). Do you support the concept of creating a "serf" or "slave" subculture in a developed nation that are afraid of seeking the rights established by said nation because they are at risk of being removed from their "home" just so they can pick your #ty chemical infused vegetables and service your overpriced tech devices?

Legal immigration, with all the appropriate(legal) documentation and the RIGHTS that that entails is really the only thing anyone should support. Unless you like the newfound class of slavery that living in the shadows entails for a illegal immigrant as long as you have your "serf" class to pamper your high class(on a world scale) lifestyle. While being able to shed yourself of any personal disdain for the fact that you want essentially slaves to elevate your own living conditions above those of the ones that "serve" you.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

I can't star your post enough.

Cheap illegal alien labor is a bipartisan segue from the slave labor of yesteryear. Democrats already know all about that, but it's not like Republicans didn't catch on.
edit on 5 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Do you support the concept of creating a "serf" or "slave" subculture in a developed nation that are afraid of seeking the rights established by said nation because they are at risk of being removed from their "home" just so they can pick your #ty chemical infused vegetables and service your overpriced tech devices?

Of course they do. That's why they're always bringing up the "jobs Americans don't want to do" trope. That's politi-speak for serf.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

"This country decided to go all in on the concept of competition. If you're scared of competing against people who have fewer legal rights and often can't even speak the language, in order to get work... then maybe you've made some bad career choices and deserve to get punished by the market since others will do your job adequately enough for less money"

Awesome edit, see my post above, you validated it perfectly...

"If you have a problem competing with a slave race, then that's on you, not those that wish to enslave people...."

Brilliant...I'm sure 100 years ago you would have had a rockin plantation full of **ggers that you would have exploited for their labor and "fewer legal rights"(that last quote being your EXACT F'IN WORDS).

Pathetic.......
edit on 5-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   

This seems appropriate and germane to your post...

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

This seems appropriate and germane to your post...

To quote Sheriff Justice:

"The God damn Germans got nothin to do with it!"

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We'll see. The U.S. can't stop immigration with our own forces and technology. I'm not sure what Mexico is going to be able to do, or how Trump thinks this is an easy fix by Mexico. You can't fix drug wars, underpaid wages, and decades of negligence in a year or two. It could literally take decades to slowly push this in the right direction for Mexico.

If the U.S. really wanted to help stop this, they would invest a bit of time and money in helping some of Mexico's issues. They become stronger, immigration is reduced, and they become a much stronger trade partner. Instead, we threaten their AND our livelihood to force what?

Are there measured metrics to gauge the magical immigration fix Mexico is supposed to put into place? What is the proposed success rate and milestones to make sure this is moving in the right direction? Well I guess I shouldn't be too worried, Trump's policies have been ironclad so far, and stellar - what could go wrong?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
If the U.S. really wanted to help stop this, they would invest a bit of time and money in helping some of Mexico's issues. They become stronger, immigration is reduced, and they become a much stronger trade partner. Instead, we threaten their AND our livelihood to force what?

So you feel a better course of action would be to reward Mexico for its part in the immigration crisis, and effectively make them dependent upon US funds to maintain their border security? You want to throw money at the problem? It's really hard, I mean REALLY hard for me to want to unwrap this one for you. You're going to have to meet me halfway. We'll start with a hypothetical:

If you're an employee at a store a toddler steals candy do you:
a) Beat the kid, take the candy from them, call the cops.
b) Ask their parents if they have money for the candy, and if they don't, ask for the candy back from them.
c) Let them leave the store, pay for the candy out of your own pocket.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Only problem is illegal immigrants use fake and stolen id's to get jobs, Do you really want to give corporations broad police powers to thoroughly investigate every applicant? Pair that with our private (corporate) prisons, and the fact that the people in question are not citizens. You are dangerously close to creating a "legal" system that answers to no government and deals with 'sub-humans'. Why stop with employees, when you have the power and technology to expand it to nearly your entire customer base when they use debit, credit, or even a store rewards program?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

If the U.S. really wanted to help stop this, they would invest a bit of time and money in helping some of Mexico's issues.

Mexico is NOT a 3rd world nation. If THEY wanted to THEY could solve THEIR problems without needing the United States to bankroll them.

They become stronger, immigration is reduced, and they become a much stronger trade partner. Instead, we threaten their AND our livelihood to force what?

To force their cooperation instead of their implicit support, facilitation, and encouragement of illegal immigration. Starting largely from THEIR southern border. Which is a 540 mile border vs. our nearly 2000 mile border. Their border is far easier to contain than ours. Good neighbors cooperate with each other rather than funneling human-trafficking crisis and invasion forces into our territory.

Are there measured metrics to gauge the magical immigration fix Mexico is supposed to put into place?

Try reading the article which goes into some detail about the issues that Mexico IS directly and uniquely responsible for. Like THEIR border with Guatemala.
edit on 5 6 19 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I like this. If all this is true and pans out then I'm glad that Trump was able to get Mexico to work with us not against us in the border crisis.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Mexico is considering allowing U.S. Troops patrol their southern border. Because Mexico is "catch and return", instead of "catch and release" like we have in America, the job would be straight-forward.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Mexico is considering allowing U.S. Troops patrol their southern border. Because Mexico is "catch and return", instead of "catch and release" like we have in America, the job would be straight-forward.

Live
Drill
Exercises
Real
Time
Training
😎

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So every leftard seems to have the same answer when it comes to illegal immigration.

“We don’t want you to immigrate, we want you to wait until nightfall, when nobody’s watching, and just ‘sneak’ across the border. That’s the best way forward for our country.”

And then they openly accuse conservatives of being anti-immigration.

It’s almost as though their IQ somehow allows them to think that ‘immigration’ and ‘ILLEGAL immigration’ are in some way related.

Conservatives understand that the United States was built in immigration. Immigration is needed, immigration is important.

Which is why openly combatting ILLEGAL immigration is so important.

But then again, Clown World.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Do you support the concept of creating a "serf" or "slave" subculture in a developed nation that are afraid of seeking the rights established by said nation because they are at risk of being removed from their "home" just so they can pick your #ty chemical infused vegetables and service your overpriced tech devices?

Of course they do. That's why they're always bringing up the "jobs Americans don't want to do" trope. That's politi-speak for serf.

This is a point that a totally agree with.
Modern america should be better than a bunch of people that turn a blind eye to whats basically slave labor with the reasoning, "They just don't have anything else they can do." or "It pays better than anything else they could get."

If americans really cared about other people they would make it easier to become a citizen and start paying everyone that works here a living wage.

Also I think tariffs and negotiations with mexico will do a lot more to deal with this than the wall ever will.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Outside the box thinking. I like it.

Mexico's southern border is much smaller.
Shut it down there and we need not speed trillions on ours.

Mexico should just become a new state. I mean that. It would solve a lot. We would clean up there cartel problem and instantly gain a manufacturing base. All our factories that are already there. 8)

If I was sure mexico wouldn't fight back i'd say just annex it. --Very tongue in check.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It's not a crisis. It's a problem that we are fully capable of dealing with if we'd all stop getting so emotional.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

They come out of the river, give em a ham sandwich, and immediately load them into the "return to sender" boat.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
It's not a crisis. It's a problem that we are fully capable of dealing with if we'd all stop getting so emotional.

Congress not dealing with the tremendous influx of legal and illegal entries, is WHAT MAKES IT A CRISIS.

If Congress would allow immediate return of those who came illegally,
If Congress would appropriate more money for construction of tent cities.
If Congress would enable more funds for hiring of judges,

We'd make great progress in absorbing those who want to immigrate here legally, like most of our ancestors once did.

Instead, the Democrat-led U.S. House WASTED ITS TIME today, voting to allow those who came, or were brought here illegally, to gain U.S. citizenship. The Senate (McConnell) said tonight he won't even bring that just-passed House bill to the Senate floor for a vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join