It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

This is what stood out to me

U.S. border officers apprehended more than 132,000 people crossing from Mexico in May, a third more than in April and the highest monthly level since 2006, reaching what U.S. officials said on Wednesday were “crisis” levels.

132,000...that's a damn invading force, combine that with last month and that 1/4 million people in total...IN TWO MONTHS.

If that's not an invasion, I don't know what is.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Mexico has a declining economy. Tariffs on what they want to sell here in the USA would make things worse, as our tariffs on their products increases.

The same nutjobs who are wringing their hands over Mexico tariffs, did the same with China tariffs. Barrons ran an article last week about economists and financial experts being "miffed" over how the China tariffs aren't hurting America's economy.

The MSM and "experts" are composed mostly of arrogant wimps who view everything through the lens of "yesterday" and "tradition".

One former Reagan/Bush advisor just told Anderson Cooper that President Donald Trump shouldn't be involved in dignified D-Day events, because he has no dignity. Can you believe that?!

Oh we all remember when leftist hero Bill Maher rooted for a recession because it would hurt Trump and his audience cheered. They want to see America fail, as long as it helps them in the next election. Party over country is their mantra. Now they're praying these tariffs hurt the economy.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Nonsense. Itsnot the employers job to enforce border security.

If Uncle Sam aint gonna try why should anyone else?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   

The lack of homegrown skilled tradesman is partly because the trades aren't jobs kids go to college for. And everyone wants their kids to go to college. Thus those jobs need to get filled somehow. Im not a fan of open borders btw.
edit on 5-6-2019 by Starhooker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Nonsense. Itsnot the employers job to enforce border security.

If Uncle Sam aint gonna try why should anyone else?

It is the employer's choice, if they wish to follow the law, to not hire illegal aliens.

Those that break the law should be held accountable.

I have no idea where you got the thought that employers should enforce border security.

Though I had a weird brain flash of a bunch of Wal-Mart greeters on the border with AR-15s...

Heh.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

The lack of homegrown skilled tradesman is partly because the trades aren't jobs kids go to college for. And everyone wants their kids to go to college. Thus those jobs need to get filled somehow. Im not a fan of open borders btw.

You have a point.

However, that is just clever marketing on the part of colleges.

Put someone into debt for 10 years to possibly make what you would in a decent trade program with no debt and a useful skill in 2 years.

We have a saying out here... "Why go to college when you can work in the oil field?"

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starhooker

That's not entirely their fault. Kids spend years getting brainwashed to think the only way they'll get a good job is if they go to college. They think having a degree automatically gets them a 6-figure job, don't take any consideration of the debt they're gonna accrue. Our schools are failing these kids, and in a lot of cases their parents are too.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

U.S. border officers apprehended more than 132,000 people crossing from Mexico in May, a third more than in April and the highest monthly level since 2006, reaching what U.S. officials said on Wednesday were “crisis” levels.

132,000...that's a damn invading force, combine that with last month and that 1/4 million people in total...IN TWO MONTHS.

What's really scary that that is the amount DETAINED.

What's the real number?

Sources give me that it's either 85%... or 40-55%.

Nobody really knows.

A wall would be nice about right now...

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Im not blaming them at all. Kids should follow their dreams. And i doubt being a plumber is what they dream about career wise. The best solution for a lot of issues we face is border control and legal immigration. Us tradesman are making more than a lot of people who went to college.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Lumenari

From the link...

On Wednesday afternoon in Mexico City, police detained Irineo Mujica, director of the U.S.-Mexico migrant aid group Pueblo Sin Fronteras, and Cristobal Sanchez, a migrant rights activist, according to Alex Mensing, a coordinator with the group.

Pueblo Sin Fronteras has for several years guided annual caravans through Mexico, seeking to protect migrants and to advocate for their rights along a 2,000-mile trail ridden with criminals and corrupt officials who prey on lone travelers through kidnapping, extortion and other forms of assault.

I'm betting they are finding out right about now that Mexicans jails really suck.

Is that a bit of "winning" I smell in the air?

Those groups that go down there and teach these people how to game the asylum system are despicable. They clog up the system for people who have legitimate asylum claims, and then pretend they're the compassionate side. They support policies that encourage people to abuse children and use them as bargaining chips so they can be a "family unit" at the border.

Why would anyone take these actions? Votes, that's the only logical answer.

They don't even do it "for the party", they do it for even more selfish reasons, skimming all the "donations" that come in from NGO's that want to crumble our nation down to the "world standard" AKA just another 3rd world #hole to be exploited.

Those people should almost be shot on sight from our military(which should be occupying the border due to what is in no other way, and invasion).
edit on 5-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Vector99

What's really scary that that is the amount DETAINED.

What's the real number?

Sources give me that it's either 85%... or 40-55%.

Nobody really knows.

A wall would be nice about right now...

A wall, military occupation of the border(whos only enforcement is for NON us citizens, they have no jurisdiction over US citizens) and immediate deportation anywhere in the country for any illegal even if it's just a simple traffic stop.

Time to keep this ship on the right course and dodge all the icebergs that entrenched politician/NGOS/mutinational's and globalists have tried to throw in the way of the greatest country in the world.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't understand how you guys don't see these migrants as human. Is it because you've never actually met a real immigrant before? You are acting as if these are ALL hardened criminals and should feel the wrath of mexican jail, and quite frankly, that's #ed. We're all human on this spinning rock just trying the best we can....

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatophobia
I don't understand how you guys don't see these migrants as human. Is it because you've never actually met a real immigrant before? You are acting as if these are ALL hardened criminals and should feel the wrath of mexican jail, and quite frankly, that's #ed. We're all human on this spinning rock just trying the best we can....

‘Immigrant’ and ‘ILLEGAL immigrant’ are two completely seperate things, not at all related.

Just because I ‘want’ to move to Namibia, does not mean I have the ‘right’ to.

Apply, like a normal person. Don’t just ‘sneak’ across the border, like a criminal.

Is that hard to grasp?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

I think the border patrol is now releasing thousands of illegals into the U.S. every week. All the holding spaces are full, and our corrupt and callous Congress (both Dems and Repubs) will not allocate more money for constructing new facilities.

Sadly, It's going to take a prominent politician's relative being maimed or murdered by an Illegal Alien, to get Congress taking meaningful action.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Vector99

I think the border patrol is now releasing thousands of illegals into the U.S. every week. All the holding spaces are full, and our corrupt and callous Congress (both Dems and Repubs) will not allocate more money for constructing new facilities.

Sadly, It's going to take a prominent politician's relative being maimed or murdered by an Illegal Alien, to get Congress taking meaningful action.

You're right, it's both sides. Why? Because these people have literally made it their "life" to sit around in taxpayer positions and suck on the taxpayers dime. Their only concern is keeping their own gravy train going.

Trump is a businessman, who subjected himself to a few years of "public service" just like the original architects of our country.

I hope, going forward, that people elect(at the local/state/federal level) people who are NOT career politicians and people who more closely embody the original representatives of our nation. Citizens who are productive members of society(taxpayers, from private industry) who want to serve a few years for the betterment of our country. Not a bunch of leeches that should be hung from the nearest tree in the town square for all to throw rotten fruit at.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thanatophobia

When you have to make things up to support your position, reconsider your position. Nobody "don't see these migrants as human." And yeah, most of us have met real immigrants. Immigrants are all over the US, and most of them we have no problem with. You've been listening to too much propaganda about people who don't support illegal immigration. You've been lied to about who we are and what we think.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

That was quick. Like lickety-split quick.

I am guessing talks were already underway before the announcement.

Regardless, this will be a better thing for all parties involved...except for those taking advantage of the those coming illegally. I will throw US employers who hire illegals in that category with the Coyotes and drug trafficers.

Not really. Most people who enter the US illegally are from Asia, not Central and South America. Also, most who enter do so through air ports, only a very small but visible percentage travel over land. So, even if these were related, it's stopping a small percent of a minority contributor to the number of illegals in the US. And all of that is assuming that illegals are even a problem in the first place, which they aren't.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: ABNARTY

That was quick. Like lickety-split quick.

I am guessing talks were already underway before the announcement.

Regardless, this will be a better thing for all parties involved...except for those taking advantage of the those coming illegally. I will throw US employers who hire illegals in that category with the Coyotes and drug trafficers.

Not really. Most people who enter the US illegally are from Asia, not Central and South America. Also, most who enter do so through air ports, only a very small but visible percentage travel over land. So, even if these were related, it's stopping a small percent of a minority contributor to the number of illegals in the US. And all of that is assuming that illegals are even a problem in the first place, which they aren't.

So if only a small percentage cross over the southern border(a number that reaches 6 figures in a MONTH) and presumably that's only a fraction. We can assume that a million or more are getting in through the airports?

Wow, we really do have a huge problem, thanks for bringing that to everyones attention. We need to double(triple) our budget for border patrol and crack down on this.

A million a month coming into this country by air....wow. In 2 years that's like 20 million(19ish by air, 1 by border crossing).

You must be livid at those numbers.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
A million a month coming into this country by air....wow. In 2 years that's like 20 million(19ish by air, 1 by border crossing).

You must be livid at those numbers.

The number that cross do not represent the number that stay. At least in the case of the southern border. It's a bit different for those who fly in.

And while it's obviously not a million per month, no those numbers don't bother me at all. I have no problem with immigrants, illegal or otherwise.

This country decided to go all in on the concept of competition. If you're scared of competing against people who have fewer legal rights and often can't even speak the language, in order to get work... then maybe you've made some bad career choices and deserve to get punished by the market since others will do your job adequately enough for less money.
edit on 5-6-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatophobia

I don't understand how you guys don't see these migrants as human.

I'm an immigrant from that part of the world. I know they're human. But we have laws in place to protect OUR citizens and do not have the means to take on the ills of the world and all its people. What you SHOULD be wondering is why the governments of these respective nations don't see their own people as human.

Is it because you've never actually met a real immigrant before?

I am a real immigrant. Have you ever met a real immigrant who knocked on the front door?

ALL hardened criminals and should feel the wrath of mexican jail, and quite frankly, that's #ed. We're all human on this spinning rock just trying the best we can....

Kumbya BS doesn't change the humanitarian crisis created at the border by leftist agitators, politicians on both sides of the border, and media dispersed propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join