It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: thedigirati
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

why can't the residents in south America take care of their own country? Please enlighten us as to why they "have to" come here and not clean up and make better their own land?

I do not expect a reply, because you know they wont because they are cowards.

It's easier to walk 1000 to 1500 miles then clean up and take back their own country.

Why wont you support this? is it not "the right thing to do"?

why can't we clean up Chicago?

I can answer that one. Chicago politics are controlled by the Democrats. The Dems don’t want to cleanup Chicago or any other Democrat controlled area. The Dems want to make these second class citizens dependent upon them. Sort of like the ruling class giving handouts to the serfs.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

I'm a centrist who really listens to the republicans that I hang out with. My statement stands.

Do you think the dems want to have open borders? Because some of them do. Most of dems say they want border security but what do you think they really want?

But if you don't see the similar extremism on the right then who is the true biased person here.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MConnalley

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.

Not a statement written into our constitution. Had nothing to do with immigration when it was said. Strawman argument.
Jfk wrote a book called, "A nation of Immigrants" If you haven't read it I highly recommend it. Here are a few quotes to demonstrate that were he alive today jfk would agree with me about the spirit of america.

Immigration policy should be generous; it should be fair; it should be flexible. With such a policy we can turn to the world, and to our own past, with clean hands and a clear conscience.

“The interaction of disparate cultures, the vehemence of the ideals that led the immigrants here, the opportunity offered by a new life, all gave America a flavor and a character that make it as unmistakable and as remarkable to people today as it was to Alexis de Tocqueville in the early part of the nineteenth century

“The famous words of Emma Lazarus on the pedestal of the Statute of Liberty read: "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free." Until 1921 this was an accurate picture of our society. Under present law it would be appropriate to add: "as long as they come from Northern Europe, are not too tired or too poor or slightly ill, never stole a loaf of bread, never joined any questionable organization, and can document their activities from the past two years.”

you are soo toxic to the security of a country

This is what I'm talking about. People are just to emotional about this. It's blinding us and causing a division.
This is not the worst problem our country has faced not even close. Calm down.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

“In 1797 a member of Congress argued that, while a liberal immigration policy was fine when the country was new and unsettled, now that America had reached its maturity and was fully populated,immigration should stop—an argument which has been repeated at regular intervals throughout American history.”

― John F. Kennedy, A Nation of Immigrants

www.breitbart.com...#

About 75 percent of GOP voters, or 3-in-4, said they believe it is a “good idea” for Trump to shut down the southern border for the time being. More than 30 percent of swing voters said the same.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:16 PM
link   

About 75 percent of GOP voters, or 3-in-4, said they believe it is a “good idea” for Trump to shut down the southern border for the time being. More than 30 percent of swing voters said the same.

www.breitbart.com...#

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

www.breitbart.com...#

What's a straw man is pretending Kennedy was talking about illegal immigration.

And the reason people want the border shut down is because [illegal] immigration is so out of control. Very few people advocate completely stopping immigration to this country permanently. Nice bait n switch though.

Can you guys debate anything honestly?

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Here’s the problem with merit based, h1b’s are a disaster because immigrants work for less money than people already here, and they work for companies that no sane person would subject themselves too... Tara, Infosys, Revature, and so on. These companies suck up the h1b’s and farm them around as a temp agency, paying the worker peanuts and putting them in a position where they get deported if they try and get a better job.

If the threat of deportation because we only allow for work visas were removed (as in, we let anyone come here who wants), these people would wind up in much better employment conditions. As a nice side effect it would open up more jobs domestically because it would eliminate the loophole to claim a need for high skill foreign labor by making job requirements for positions offered stateside literally impossible to meet.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The administration wants to fix a lot of the problems with the system that you're talking about, but some things have to be fixed by Congress. That's what the link you ignored talked about. You can lead a horse to water...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

a reply to: ladyinwaiting

why can't the residents in south America take care of their own country? Please enlighten us as to why they "have to" come here and not clean up and make better their own land?

I do not expect a reply, because you know they wont because they are cowards.

It's easier to walk 1000 to 1500 miles then clean up and take back their own country.

Why wont you support this? is it not "the right thing to do"?

Because there is nothing noble about violently turning on your own government and executing your fellow citizens. The civilized approach is to go to safe and stable countries.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

What's noble about those governments abusing their citizens?

Got news for you: the world ain't a noble place.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Shutting down the border to stop 100s of thousands from entering per month isn't a bad idea.

That does not mean republicans want to stop all immigration. That is nonsense.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

Shutting down the border to stop 100s of thousands from entering per month isn't a bad idea.

That does not mean republicans want to stop all immigration. That is nonsense.

This has been an increasing trend with them recently. They just make # up out of thin air. That's not a new tactic for the left but they're not even trying to form rational arguments anymore. They've become one giant straw man.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

I'm a centrist who really listens to the republicans that I hang out with. My statement stands.

Do you think the dems want to have open borders? Because some of them do. Most of dems say they want border security but what do you think they really want?

But if you don't see the similar extremism on the right then who is the true biased person here.
The leaders of the Democrat Party are for Open Borders ala Soros’ Open Borders Society. The steeple are following their leaders. If they disagree with the direction their party is going, they are not vocal enough. The RINOS in the Republican Party are sellout Globalists who believe in unfair Trade agreements which do not help America so much. The most vocal now in the Republican Party are Trump supporters who are sick and tired of the treachery of the sellout globalists. Then there’s some “never Trumpers” and I won’t miss them if they just hop over to the Democrat side. Meanwhile we’ll take the 400,000 in the #walkaway movement.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Trump is PRO immigration. Republicans are PRO immigration. Their supporters are PRO immigration.

America is a country of immigrants.

Which is why combatting ILLEGAL immigration is so important.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

Trump is PRO immigration. Republicans are PRO immigration. Their supporters are PRO immigration.

America is a country of immigrants.

Which is why combatting ILLEGAL immigration is so important.

They refuse to believe this because they have seriously been brainwashed the right is racist.
Does not matter there is no evidence supporting that at all.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

a reply to: TheRedneck

for some reason the left and/or Democrats do not want people to be independent

The reason is simple. They want the government to be bigger, they want you dependent on it, and to keep voting for them as they promise to make the government even bigger to help you out.

What’s wrong with being dependent on government? Personally, I like the idea of government agencies that work in the public interest.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You will be subject to tyranny 🏴‍☠️

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Which safe country? the USA is not safe, have you ever been out of the USA?
Have you been to, Chicago, Boston, new York San Francisco?
They are not safe. So what other misguided wisdom do you wish to impart?

Where is it safe?

ETA why should the USA be noble? You want to be noble join a Church. Just don't ask me to pay for it.
edit on 7-6-2019 by thedigirati because: Manbuns suck

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

What’s wrong with being dependent on government?

""If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

I have no words to better answer than those.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14 >>

join