It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico meets migrants at southern border with armed forces

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+65 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Reu ters

The operation in Chiapas coincided with a meeting of Mexican and U.S. officials at the White House on Wednesday to thrash out a deal that would avoid blanket tariffs on Mexico threatened by U.S. President Donald Trump last week.

Hey liberals, y'all tired of being wrong yet?

This story is hot on the heels of this recent thread:
Mexico comes to the table

Looks like president Trump's tactics are working. Mexico cannot afford to ignore their responsibility in this crisis. Allowing more illegals through their territory because they make money from it is no longer an acceptable arrangement.

+21 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

WINNING!

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

From the link...

On Wednesday afternoon in Mexico City, police detained Irineo Mujica, director of the U.S.-Mexico migrant aid group Pueblo Sin Fronteras, and Cristobal Sanchez, a migrant rights activist, according to Alex Mensing, a coordinator with the group.

Pueblo Sin Fronteras has for several years guided annual caravans through Mexico, seeking to protect migrants and to advocate for their rights along a 2,000-mile trail ridden with criminals and corrupt officials who prey on lone travelers through kidnapping, extortion and other forms of assault.

I'm betting they are finding out right about now that Mexicans jails really suck.

Is that a bit of "winning" I smell in the air?

edit on 5-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   

If only Trump had gone this route in the first place.

However I got to add. If you aren't targeting businesses that hire illegal laborers. Then you aren't fully addressing the issue.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Trump is out here playing 4D chess.

😂

+23 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

If only Trump had gone this route in the first place.

However I got to add. If you aren't targeting businesses that hire illegal laborers. Then you aren't fully addressing the issue.

You do have a valid point.

If only sanctuary cities upheld existing laws...

The lawsuit against Trump's EO that exempts them from Federal funds if they don't comply with existing laws hasn't wound its way to the Supreme Court yet.

But it will...

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Jeez, I would have thought mexico would have put on a bit more of a show. Wait a day or so after the talks, put out some big talk for the CNN's of the world to trash trump and then silently when no one is looking fold up and do as he's told.

Nope, didn't even do any of that, they probably started making calls on the way out of the meeting.

Still, this is a good thing for both countries citizens.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ooh! Loo ky here, looky here!

On Wednesday afternoon in Mexico City, police detained Irineo Mujica, director of the U.S.-Mexico migrant aid group Pueblo Sin Fronteras, and Cristobal Sanchez, a migrant rights activist, according to Alex Mensing, a coordinator with the group.

I guess Mexico just wants to save our economy...

And Trump lied again! I'm still not tired of winning!

TheRedneck

+22 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I wish Trump would close the border and just say, "# you" to everyone.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I guess next week(maybe 2) we'll get the good news that china will fold up as well and the tariff "war" will be over.

I'd expect about a 5 percent move up in the market at that point. Followed by a bunch of finance articles talking about how trump is ruining everything.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

That was quick. Like lickety-split quick.

I am guessing talks were already underway before the announcement.

Regardless, this will be a better thing for all parties involved...except for those taking advantage of the those coming illegally. I will throw US employers who hire illegals in that category with the Coyotes and drug trafficers.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Going to be honest here. I didn’t think this meeting was going to solve crap.
Trumps team has proven me wrong.
Good on him.

+17 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

See you at the next MAGA rally, lol.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

That is a perfectly fair criticism. I haven't heard much on that. We'll see if there's a plan forthcoming.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ABNARTY

That was quick. Like lickety-split quick.

I am guessing talks were already underway before the announcement.

Regardless, this will be a better thing for all parties involved...except for those taking advantage of the those coming illegally. I will throw US employers who hire illegals in that category with the Coyotes and drug trafficers.

I would go one step further...

Employers on both sides of the aisle use illegal aliens as cheap labor... this should not be a partisan issue and those people need thrown under the bus using existing laws.

However, the political party that is "illegal immigration over citizens" because it expands their voting base and thus their power should be stopped ASAP.

Americans of both sides of the political aisle need to understand the dangers of that and act accordingly at the ballot box.

While the ballot box still has any measurable meaning.

Because once the ballot box stops working, the alternative isn't going to be pretty.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, and the mom and pop type of businesses I grew up around suffer the most to undercutting of illegal labor. It use to be the Blacks in my area where the brick layers because they were the best. Now they don't work as bricklayers because it is who can do the cheapest job. The cheap labor working for their competitors ruined a good business. Sometimes the craftsmanship is OK and sometimes not. Like in Ahn Rands book Atlas Shrugged, the elite are pulling down the quality of work to be 'fair' to the 'poor'. I have my doubts if that is what they think they mean to do.

edit on 5-6-2019 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

From the link...

Pueblo Sin Fronteras has for several years guided annual caravans through Mexico, seeking to protect migrants and to advocate for their rights along a 2,000-mile trail ridden with criminals and corrupt officials who prey on lone travelers through kidnapping, extortion and other forms of assault.

I'm betting they are finding out right about now that Mexicans jails really suck.

Is that a bit of "winning" I smell in the air?

Those groups that go down there and teach these people how to game the asylum system are despicable. They clog up the system for people who have legitimate asylum claims, and then pretend they're the compassionate side. They support policies that encourage people to abuse children and use them as bargaining chips so they can be a "family unit" at the border.

Why would anyone take these actions? Votes, that's the only logical answer.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: Lumenari

Yes, and the mom and pop type of businesses I grew up around suffer the most to undercutting of illegal labor. It use to be the Blacks in my area where the brick layers because they were the best. Now they don't work as bricklayers because it is who can do the cheapest job. The cheap labor working for their competitors ruined a good business. Sometimes the craftsmanship is OK and sometimes not. Like in Ahn Rands book Atlas Shrugged, the elite are pulling down the quality of work to be 'fair' to the 'poor'. I have my doubts if that is what they think they mean to do.

My father ran his own construction business for many years in California, Washington and Oregon.

In my opinion over the last 40 years or so the quality of craftsmanship has gone straight to hell because of illegal immigrant labor.

So yes, long-term it is just destructive and has not helped anyone.

Well, anyone but the shady employer.

They need to pay it back.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Mexico has a declining economy. Tariffs on what they want to sell here in the USA would make things worse, as our tariffs on their products increases.

The same nutjobs who are wringing their hands over Mexico tariffs, did the same with China tariffs. Barrons ran an article last week about economists and financial experts being "miffed" over how the China tariffs aren't hurting America's economy.

The MSM and "experts" are composed mostly of arrogant wimps who view everything through the lens of "yesterday" and "tradition".

One former Reagan/Bush advisor just told Anderson Cooper that President Donald Trump shouldn't be involved in dignified D-Day events, because he has no dignity. Can you believe that?!

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Common grounds is not just a metaphor

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join