It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent Pentagon Statements in the News and Biased Reporting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:52 AM
link   
May 22, 2019: The Pentagon finally admits it investigates UFOs by Steven Greenstreet was hailed for its statements from Department of Defense spokesman Christopher Sherwood about UAP research.

June 1, 2019: The Media Loves This UFO Expert Who Says He Worked for an Obscure Pentagon Program. Did He? by Keith Kloor was blasted for its statements from Department of Defense spokesman Christopher Sherwood that “Mr. Elizondo had no responsibilities with regard to the AATIP program..." Many readers insisted that Sherwood was in error or lacked the experience or clearance to establish Elizondo's role.

June 4, 2019: UFO researcher Roger Glassel obtained the original statements from Department of Defense spokesman Christopher Sherwood, and it reveals that both reporters were given the same information. Greenstreet buried the portion about the denial of Elizondo's role, but when Kloor got a hold of it, he crafted an entire article around it.

As you all may know I've been in pursuit of a greater understanding of the AATIP. In my latest communication with the OSD (Pentagon), I also asked for the full statement given to the New York Post by spokesman Christopher Sherwood. Below is my question and Sherwood's reply...

Roger Glassel's piece was posted on the Facebook group, UFO Updates

And also shared on Twitter by UFO of Interest

The DoD statement seems to have both good and bad news. We can't choose to ignore the parts of it that we don't want to hear. If any of it needs to be challenged, it all does.

edit on 5-6-2019 by CardDown because: spelling

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Been saying all along, the whole TTSA thing is a commercial endeavor and nothing more, and I guarantee it will bring nothing new to anything.

It's not even close to the actual crux of the matter, which despite being buried so deep in denial and lies with entrepreneurs taking advantage of it for commercial gain, is the true scientific study of what exactly is and has been going on in our airspace, for decades

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Either Elizondo didn't work with that program, or he did and they want to distance themselves from his recent 'disclosure' that the US has pieces of UFOs in their possession.
Interesting that the videos were not supposed to be released to the general public.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I wouldn't want to live in a country that did NOT attempt to identify aircraft within its operating enviroment.

But, for the love of Friedman, what has any of this got to do with Aliens in the extraterrestrial sense? Isn't this a blatant Non-Story staring us in the face?

Well, yes, obviously.

edit on 5-6-2019 by ConfusedBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

My questions are:

1. Are team TTSA saying the DOD letter is fake?
2. Is this redacted letter of a Special Agent attending a meeting meant for @keithkloor or the DOD?
3. Is LE nervous the DOD allegedly stated that these files were NOT declassified?
edit on 5-6-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   
zazzafrazz,

1. Not that I know of, but Puthoff says it's statement about Elizondo is wrong, that he was the AATIP director.
2. Redacted letter? You mean the Harry Reid letter that George Knapp redacted and has since revealed Elizondo's name? He's shared that in an attempt to disprove the Pentagon statement.
3. Unknown. The DoD originally said they were not properly released, and have now been more specific, saying they were issued for research, "not for public release." That might make him nervous.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Interesting that the videos were not supposed to be released to the general public.

That exact statement seems a little ambiguous. Maybe ambiguous isn't the right word. Then again for "research & analysis purposes" could easily explain how the vids became public. If they were put out for contractors to vet that probably does give a little wiggle room for whoever got them out to the public.

But the thought hits me that research & analysis purposes could mean researching the public's reaction. It's a subtle reading and I know it seems contradictory at first. And I'm probably off base, but there is something about the wording in relation to the other seeming ambiguities that abound this whole thing that's tweaking my subconscious but hasn't quite formed yet.

It has also occurred to me that if TTSA is a part of some IC operation, that maybe Sherwood and others haven't been briefed or "read in."

Always glad to see you when you show up and weigh in on things, CardDown.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Oeee they were my general questions to anyone, I tweeted them to GK.
I hope he doesn't hate me for life lol. But when there is a question, I ask it

edit on 5-6-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I recently collected the versions of the document George Knapp had with different levels of redaction, the 20019 Harry Reid letter naming Elizondo among the AATIP players:
Documenting Luis Elizondo's Leadership of the Pentagon's UFO Program

John Greenewald has posted a new article highlighting a statement from the Pentagon more specifically denying Elizondo's leadership or role in AATIP:
Pentagon Reinforces Mr. Luis Elizondo Had “No Responsibilities” on AATIP; Senator Harry Reid’s 2009 Memo Changes Nothing

So far, no mainstream news coverage of the controversy, just a question about it posed to Harry Reid in a KNPR interview. You'll find that transcribed in the updated BBL article in the first link above.

posted on Jun, 24 2021 @ 05:41 AM
link   

There's a new Greenwald interview with Greenstreet here mate.

youtu.be...

top topics

join