It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello from an Education Seeker

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: EducationSeeker
a reply to: olaru12

Yes.

I think elections should be fully funded by the tax payer.

So the government would divvy up the money. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: EducationSeeker

So the government would divvy up the money. What could possibly go wrong?

What do you have in mind?

Elections shouldn't be expensive for candidates if they had access to television coverage paid for by the tax-payer. The government could own a station. Use it for public interest purposes of all kinds.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: EducationSeeker

Elections and campaigns are an industry funneling billions into the economy; from $20 goofy maga hats to 2mil. 30min TV spots. Some mom and pop screenprinters only have a good payday during elections.
I'd actually rather let the Capitalist be in charge of election/Campaigns rather than government sanctioned corrupt bureaucrats. You can't fix the problem with people that ARE responsible for the problem in the first place.

btw...I have worked for the Libertarian and GOP campaign media operations. I'm prejudiced.

The government could own a station. Use it for public interest purposes of all kinds.

You want to open that can o worms?
edit on 5-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

In the system we have now, globalist controllers who run things behind the scenes recruit, groom, and finance candidates to run for office and then own them once they get elected. That's the system that needs to be gotten rid of.

Often good people who want to run for office can't do it because television time costs too much money.

I see tax-payer funded television time for candidates to reach the electorate as a solution that would take the money out of running for office.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kurokage
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Hey Dave, how do I know if I'm a bot?????????? beep bop boop…..

You'd have to check with your handler lol

Cheers - Dave

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join