It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama mayor calls for killing out LGBTQ

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The scary part is most of the world is on board with this.

While minute groups here and there make it seem like it's more accepted. Modern countries with target now have a LGBTQ section.

You have Russia, China, saudi Arabia , Iran. Yemen and many more countries that ban such talks.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Oh and I thought the religious were just a bunch of hypocrites who pointed fingers while doing whatever they want in the first place..

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

1) And Arkansas... Mississippi and Arkansas usually fight for worst state in most cases...

Louisiana is never quite bad enough to break the top 2.. lol

2) I don’t think your grading assumption is correct..

The IQ exam gets harder every year..

Meaning we as humanity get smarter every year..

What would have gotten you an 80 40 years ago.. will only get you a 60 today..

3) no the south wins the fatty race I most cases..

4) I have no problem with min. Mage fluctuating to match the local area..

But min. Wage and a 40 hour week should be enough to support ONE PERSON...

By definition lol

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Social or societal ills always gain national level attention, either attention is focused on the ills themselves or people's ideas on how to prevent them from occurring in future generations. Per head of population, New Zealand has one of highest number of children (usually babies or toddles) killed by family members and domestic abuse.

Who would want to admit that child killers and domestic abusers are the some of the worst aspects of their fellow countrymen? Preventing the next generation from continuing social ills is the only way to ebb away at their hold on our societies. The ghost of domestic violence and childhood abuse still hangs over those who set to break the cycles of abuse.

[Note: For the sake of remaining on topic: I am ignoring the matter of mass shootings/domestic terrorism].

Returning to a more rational, analytical and less personal point of view. The attention gained by fringe elements is sometimes greater than the support they will ever enjoy. (so far Destiny Church's re-entering New Zealand politics proves this point).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 6-6-2019 by xpert11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Oh and I thought the religious were just a bunch of hypocrites who pointed fingers while doing whatever they want in the first place..

You thought wrong.

Yeah, some do that and usually because they're consumed with greed and craving celebrity... so when they get caught, it's big news. The vast majority, though, are just people who have a particular belief as to what's right and wrong and believe in a greater power. Imperfect people who make honest mistakes, but who at least try not to.

So when you try and turn those few bad apples into a condemnation of an entire group, you're doing the exact same thing as the KKK, the WWII Nazis, the Spanish Inquisition, the Moguls, the Huns, Westboro Baptist Church, and every other hate group throughout history.

Is that who you want to be? Really?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

I have no issue admitting where we have flaws; if those flaws are not exposed, they cannot be corrected. However, I have not condoned this Mayor's statements, either... I have actually condemned them. Again, I understand what he was trying to say and have no issue with that, but what he said and the way it was phrased was completely inappropriate. I can easily see where someone would consider it a threat.

I'll gladly state that Alabama's government is a mess. Our Constitution is an overbloated attempt to control people that failed miserably (when I get to vote on a procedural change for the County Commission of Baldwin County, which is as close to me as Louisville, Kentucky, something went wrong), and our legislature is incompetent to the point of being unable to even allow the public to vote on a state lottery. Of course, we still have Louisiana to compare ourselves to in that respect, so it's easier to accept.

On the other hand, I see no benefit in constant degrading of a society over stereotypes and ignorance. Alabama is a very diverse state. We have a large Jewish and Catholic population (no, we're not just a bunch of inbred Protestants), there are plenty of gay communities here (even in more rural areas; they just tend to stay low-key and do what they do without making a fuss about it), and we have a pretty impressive international component in the larger cities. We are primarily conservative, but that is not a social defect IMO; it actually leads to more individual freedom, since the prevailing belief of conservatism is "live and let live."

Sure, we have our share of fools and idiots. So does everywhere. It happens. Just don't judge the entire state because one mayor of a town that is only a town because it's in the middle of nowhere has foot-in-mouth disease.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

The cost of living stuff is starting to matter less and less as more of the GDP is national corporate entities..

MCDonalds prices don’t change much..

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There are plenty of gays with biological children...

Everything is genetic that is that deep in the ID..

My personal guess is that a wire that was supposed to go left went right in the brain..but since we can’t even begin to fix that kinda thing.. you leave them the hell alone and humor them when not harmful..

Kinda like autism

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
There are plenty of gays with biological children...

Link to the data? Because personally I don't think it's that many.

And even then hetero couples will produce gay offspring after plan kill them all at the same rate as they do now.

edit on 6-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Link to the data? Because personally I don't think it's that many.

I'll back him up on that. A lot of gay (technically bi, I guess?) people will actually have biological children from a traditional marriage, while pursuing their "ahem" other interests on the sly. I know several personally.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I think all should be able to agree that he doesn’t represent the average republican/Christian , but this is actually news because he does hold elected office.. even if that office is not ver significant

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

As well as people who marry trying to be straight , exc..

Just about everything has to get passed down that isn’t cultural in some way biologically.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Well, I'm still not convinced that homosexuality is truly biological, but that's a different subject (and somewhat irrelevant anyway... what is, is).

But yeah, at least in early life, there is that pressure to fit in and get married traditionally. I won't argue with that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I'll back him up on that. A lot of gay (technically bi, I guess?) people will actually have biological children from a traditional marriage, while pursuing their "ahem" other interests on the sly. I know several personally.

That's also very anecdotal.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Yes, it is... matching anecdotes from both sides of the spectrum, through.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I haven't offered any anecdotes since I know they are good for two things, nothing and ****.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I haven't offered any anecdotes since I know they are good for two things, nothing and ****.

great advice!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I usually ignore my own advice.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: xpert11

It's nice to see some mods still honor this; most just ignore it.

topic....I once heard "most of your problems, were never any of your business in the first place" hard lesson to learn!
edit on 6-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

No one ignores it; we just might not use it every post. It still applies.

ETA:

Just to prove it..

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/6/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join