It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiot reaction to tragedy, yes Virginia, it's you.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: network dude

It's only a matter of time before people claim it was a false flag attack to pass gun control legislation.

I really hope you are being sarcastic here.
If not, that's truly messed up.

You would be stupid not to question all of these shootings followed by drills, full of weird circumstances and new gun laws.

I should post the clip from the nz "shooting" video where all the casings disappear from the sidewalk.

edit on 6 by Mandroid7 because: Sp

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: network dude

Keep your hopes and prayers, it's time to try to understand the problem.

So what's the problem? How do you intend to solve it? Do you have any ideas??

I do. But taking guns away from law abiding citizens isn't one of them. Are you still interested in a dialog?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

en.wikipedia.org...

An interesting glimpse of mass shootings in the US and take a look at the 1970's.

Another interesting metric that coincides with the rise in mass shootings is the enactment of "zero tolerance" policies in the 1980's in the U.S.. Which, have been found to actually cause more issues and have been expanded in interpretation to the absurd degree. You do that to a population, and suddenly more individuals feel pushed into a corner with ZERO options other than strike first.
National Clearinghouse on Supportive School Discipline: Zero Tolerance

Back in the 70's, incidents were actually reviewed on an individual basis. and judged based upon context and thought. But, that takes time, effort, and logical thinking (not knee jerk reactions).

edit on 6/5/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

The media would have you believe that school shootings and mass shootings are a recent phenomenon

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Krakatoa

The media would have you believe that school shootings and mass shootings are a recent phenomenon

I agree. However, I didn't imply they did not exist prior did I? I am just pointing out that the rise in people feeling like they have no other option adds fuel to that smoldering fire inside. It is another factor (albeit not the only one) in this mass shooting equation. Focusing upon a single metric does not solve the problem, it only helps one agenda.

Another is the complete breakdown and de-funding of metal health institutions in this country that began in the 1980's as a result of the "feelings" movement. Using the extreme incidences of metal health abuse to shut down those institutions, with no viable solution for those that truly need that help other than letting them roam free.

After all, "think of the children".

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I do. But taking guns away from law abiding citizens isn't one of them. Are you still interested in a dialog?

Legislation for more in depth background checks != taking guns away from law abiding citizens.

Its absolutely insane that buying a weapon legally is a 30 minute affair - but go pay cash for a newer model M3 - a freaking car - and see how long that process takes.
They'll investigate thoroughly in that case for some reason.

edit on 5-6-2019 by AScrubWhoDied because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: AScrubWhoDied

Legislation for more in depth background checks != taking guns away from law abiding citizens.

Its absolutely insane that buying a weapon legally is a 30 minute affair - but go pay cash for a newer model M3 - a freaking car - and see how long that process takes.
They'll investigate thoroughly in that case for some reason.

OK, you would like longer background checks. let's start with some examples. Please list a couple mass shootings, or just shootings, where that would have helped. I'm honestly willing to discuss it, but I need more than just feelz, I need facts.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

Mass shootings haven't always been part of life in this country. I grew up in the 60's (in Canada) and my teen years in the 70's (in the USA). I don't recall this ever being an issue. Guns were just as common then as they are now. That alone should prove the problem isn't being addressed properly.

I'm probably a few years younger than you...but the first one I remember was the guy on the texas tower...Whitman, I believe. And then I don't really remember any of them until James Huberty.

So what has changed between then and now? A ton of things. Maybe guns aren't the problem, but they certainly aren't the solution either.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join