It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would be considered “sci-fi” in the Star Wars universe?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:58 AM
link   
OP... do you ever ask any questions that are not about this?

You appear to want to write some kind of sci-fi, but lack the imagination or basic knowledge to do so... stop trying to make the internet do your work for you... please

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They have plenty of comms. It's how C3PO communicates with Luke on the Death Star.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo

BS!

In real life C3PO would have sent Luke a Instagram.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtomicKangaroo
Same as in our Universe. Any fiction that is based around science and tech elements.

So a story about a Astromech and a Protocol Droid falling in love in a universe where those things actually exist would still be sci-fi no?

i think that maybe the OP things that would be considerd too fantastical to be real, rather than what kind of story would be considered science-fiction.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:28 AM
link   
in real life, C3PO would be an App.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxNocerino7

Star Wars science fiction would include alternate dimension beings, traveling across the Universe in a second, ability to experience alternate Universes, time travel, human genetic hybrids and modifications, x-men powers, better bar music, egalitarian society.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A bunch of barely educated hominids in a backwater galaxy far, far away experimenting with large tubes filled with explosive burning gasses in an attempt to study or visit their moon and nearby planets.

Force bomb? A bomb that completely destroys or nullifies all the Force within a particular radius.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:56 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: moebius

Isn't that like your fifth or sixth thread on this topic?

Stop spamming dude.
That was the sixth, and this is the seventh thread on essentially the same thing from the same OP in less than 3 months, which is spam in my book also. I don't know what exact definitions the ATS owners and staff are using for spam, but I imagine they would probably also consider that spam (not that I see the owners post much anymore, just rarely).

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

I don't think it is spam per se. But more a case of posting to the wrong forum. Maybe OP would be better off posting in another forum like:
fantasy & science fiction

Honestly who cares if he has a one track mind. A lot of people on ATS do. Posting almost identical # day after day and nobody complains about that.

While there is a clear connection of a theme running between his threads I feel each one is it's own unique topic.

OP also made it clear in one of his first threads that he was writing a story, so it shouldn't be a surprise to any body this is what interests him and what he wants to discuss.

We're all here of our own free will, and except maybe for 2 people, everyone seems to be happy about discussing the topic.

Now if OP was posting over and over every day "I MAKE $3000 A DAY ONLINE! YOU CAN TOO Visit dodgywebsite.com for MORE INFO AND GET RICH TODAY!"

That would be a good argument for it being spam.

Instead of trying to shut the guy/gal down, how about engaging them instead of coming in all judge jury and executioner and maybe if you feel their content is not suitable for a particular forum direct them to the appropriate one.

Not everyone thinks like you, not every one holds the same opinion and world views as you.
You were not forced to read, or reply were you?

Anyways we all have our own opinions. Mine is the dudes not spamming. And I for one am happy to discuss the subject matter with him and others even if it is just helping some stranger get inspiration for a book.

Maybe OP just loves him some hypothetical star wars discussions?
Have you tried asking them?

There are more important issues in our lives to worry about I'm sure than some dude's quest for fan-fiction.

You and moebius say SPAM, well we could easily view your posts as being off-topic and thread derailing.
See how easily that is done?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Anything could be. In the TV show Rebels time travel is used. In Solo we saw that Robots have feelings too, and lets not forget that the Jedi are a bunch of anti-vac'ers (if they weren't they would have put the force to rest years ago)

We could talk about a fantasy in the Star Wars universe. Imagine a functional government, or ships that didn't need work all the time, or new technology coming about. the weird issue of the Star Wars universe is that you could literally tell a love story between a ship and it's pilot, or a computer virus that only affects cybernetic body parts. How about a clone that had a kid that got infected with those mitoclorians, but somehow has to deal with the whole order 66 bio-chip getting in his head. Now the kid has to come to terms with being the one thing he was programed to hate, but also realizes that he is the only thing that can save himself. Sure in the canonical reality of Star Wars it would never happen, but as a sci-fi story it would work.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

"Right off the bat you’d say teleportation and time travel but that has appeared in Legends and matter replication pseudo-exists with the food synthesizers."

That's Star Trek not Star Wars. The latter is #ty space opera, not sci-fi.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

A Dyson sphere might cut it.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AtomicKangaroo
I have nothing against the topic, it's the 6 duplicate threads that are the problem. Pick one, let's discuss it there and have mods close the other 6 duplicate threads. The general practice of ATS moderators in the past has been to close duplicate threads unless the thread being duplicated is say more than a year old, then the duplicate thread might be allowed to stay. But generally they will close duplicate threads if they are posted within a short time like this. Maybe you weren't aware of this, but it's been standard practice here, if they are aware of it. Probably the only reason the mods haven't closed some of these duplicates is nobody reported them.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Scopes that worked on stormtrooper rifles. A living sentient planet like zoaham depot. Centerpoint station and it ability to move planets across light years of distance with its planetary tractor/repulsed been. The building of the black hole cluster called the maw to trap ancient evil force user.. but yeah a storm trooper scope that actually is accurate would be my top sci-fi thing of star wars universe. Or do they just recruit children who are vision impaired?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If you read any of the star wars books the reason you can not just go make a call during first few movies is because during republic time period the galaxy had galaxy wide holographic real time communications on the toilet when Palpatine took over and replaced republic with the Empire they seized control of the whole holonet network and only allowed it to be used for Gov and military communications. The number of hyperspace holonet relays were dramatically reduced in number and were encrypted.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join