It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C-5 C/M returns to Moffett to be loaded for???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We see an occasional large cargo aircraft at Moffett. From C-5's, C-17's and AN-124's. They usually load over by Hanger 2/3 where they are obscured somewhat. However last year I noted an odd C-5 parked on the far apron surrounded by vans and trucks. I was hassled by security even though I was on a public trail and only had my Iphone with me.

However, on my ride I noted that C-5 C/M 68-0213 was over the South Bay at a low altitude and was headed for the field. I was in a great position to catch the landing and since the longer runway is closed at this time he had to land on the shorter 32L and needed most of it to slow down. THis is one of two Travis Birds that were modified for outsized space cargo and had been further upgraded to the M standard

He taxied back to the same spot as last summer and was surrounded by a gaggle of cars, two loaders with generators on them, a mission control style trailer, plus two other big trailers, and tons of security. Some fo the shots were through a cyclone fence which is always challenging

They loaded two medium sized box containers into the cargo hold.

and an Avril that was keeping me company

edit on 6/4/19 by FredT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow!

Great pictures. Good job!

Thank you!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

There's only a couple missions coming up that would fit multiple satellites. My money is still on STP-2.

new topics

join