It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sodom and Gomorrah Impact Event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The Sodom and Gomorrah impact event was calculated, from images on a clay tablet, to have occurred in the year 3,123 BC. The Mayan Calendar has a starting date of August 11, 3,114 BCE. This is approximately 9 years after the possible impact when the Mayans said the world began. After 9 years of nuclear winter, it would seem like the world was beginning again.
Narmer unified Egypt and became the first Pharaoh 3,100 BC.
Construction at Stonehenge started around 3,100 BC.
Rain started falling in the Sahara Desert (the African Humid Period) around 12,600 BC and stopped around 3,000 BC.

The Kofel''s Crater in Austria was thought to be the Sodom and Gomorrah impact site only to be ruled out.
Too many events happened at the same time to think an impact did not occur.
Is there any other information on a possible impact site?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bytore

I think your start date for the Mayan calendar is wholly inaccurate.

ETA: my bad, I guess your date is accurate, sorry
edit on 4-6-2019 by onthedownlow because: Ooops

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There could have been a number of events that could have caused the mountain to collapse on one of those cities, they know where one of them was. There could have been an asteroid that broke up in our atmosphere that could have destroyed those cities, fragments would be in the area, possibly covered by sand.

I think the tale is somewhat true, although I do not think it was actually caused by god. There were skyrockets and gunpowder back then too, maybe they pissed off the Chinese who had that technology back then.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   

The timeframes you give fall in the time known as the Bronze Age Collapse. There was a lot going on during that time that is covered as myths and legends. Look to other societies that were around at the time to see if anything pops up that can coincide with the story.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
BCE?

There is no such thing.

There is an awesome video about Sodom and Gomorrah and the elements still present in the soil there, and what happened at that time. Very scientific. I cant remember what the name of the video is, but they laid it all out from the very spot on the peninsula where it happened and what exactly happened, and they showed proof. That ground is flamable. They dug down and lit it. Ill ask my dad what the name of the video is later

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
We seem to keep coming around to this ........

www.sciencenews.org...

Around 13,000 years ago, Earth was emerging from its last great ice age. The vast frozen sheets that had covered much of North America, Europe and Asia for thousands of years were retreating. Giant mammals — steppe bison, woolly mammoths and saber-toothed cats — grazed or hunted across tundra and grasslands. A Paleo-Indian group of hunter-gatherers who eventually gave rise to the Clovis people had crossed a land bridge from Asia hundreds of years earlier and were now spread across North America, hunting mammoth with distinctive spears. Then, at about 12,800 years ago, something strange happened. Earth was abruptly plunged back into a deep chill. Temperatures in parts of the Northern Hemisphere plunged to as much as 8 degrees Celsius colder than today. The cold snap lasted only about 1,200 years — a mere blip, in geologic time. Then, just as abruptly, Earth began to warm again. But many of the giant mammals were dying out. And the Clovis people had apparently vanished. Geologists call this blip of frigid conditions the Younger Dryas, and its cause is a mystery. Most researchers suspect that a large pulse of freshwater from a melting ice sheet and glacial lakes flooded into the ocean, briefly interfering with Earth’s heat-transporting ocean currents. However, geologists have not yet found firm evidence of how and where this happened, such as traces of the path that this ancient flood traveled to reach the sea (SN: 12/29/12, p. 11).

It always seems we circle around this event, but don't address it directly.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There are also structures there.

Calcium carbonate and Pitch? very flammable. Also under ground activity

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

Here is one

www.youtube.com...
This is the incredible story of Ron Wyatt and how he actually proved the stories of the Bible were correct! In this video Ron proves that the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Bible is true!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:15 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

Sodom and Gomorrah may have been destroyed by debris from a comet, startling new archaeological and astronomical research suggests. Another bombardment from space may have brought on the Dark Ages. The research, to be presented to a conference at Cambridge University this summer, provides dramatic evidence for an extraterrestrial cause for the wholesale collapse of several civilisations around 2200BC. The conference, on natural catastrophes during Bronze Age civilisations, will bring together astronomers, archaeologists, geologists and other scientists to try to find an explanation for the near-simultaneous fall of the Old Kingdom of ancient Egypt, the Sumerian civilisation in Mesopotamia and the Harrapin Civilisation of the Indus Valley. In all, some 40 cities are thought to have disappeared, in a series of catastrophes. Astronomers calculate that the Earth is bombarded by a particular dense storm of meteorites over a couple of centuries every 2,500 years - the last two blitzes would have occurred around 2200-2000BC and 400-600AD.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddeninsite
a reply to: visitedbythem

Here is one

www.youtube.com...
This is the incredible story of Ron Wyatt and how he actually proved the stories of the Bible were correct! In this video Ron proves that the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in the Bible is true!

After watching part of that video, I have the suspicion that maybe one or both of those cities was like the old world's Las Vegas? We see miniature Spinx, pyramids, ziggaruats, pillars/powers and more. I imaging there was probably larger metal structures - like statues and I have a feeling those would have been mined for later use after it's destruction.

But think about it being like the older version of Vegas, where they cater to all religions and the all mighty gold/silver piece rules the city/law. It was on the Dead Sea which was probably much more "alive" back then, much lass salty, so it seems like it could have been an inland desert oasis/paradise - a destination spot at basically the center of the world (the future silk road, etc). I find this much more interesting than a lot of other factors. If it was just a destination "hot spot" then maybe that is why there is such little information about it, it wasn't REALLY important other than being a sign of the amount of debauchery/hedonism and abominations in the world.

Maybe when it was written about it was hard to believe that anyone wouldn't know what Sodom & Gomorrah are/were, it might have been world renowned and there was no need to further describe it. Much like today when we say "what happens in Vegas...." it doesn't need to be explained to anyone older than maybe 20yrs old.

It might also describe the little balls of sulfur (brimstone in the video), inside a larger lemon/orange size casing of some mineral/compound. I'm wondering if there was some kind of fireworks that were used or maybe used as a fire/light source maybe for a torch. Mix the sulfur with something like oil, or a pitch, wax, etc. In many cases it will dissolve when melted together and then make sit much easier to burn and it burns brighter with the sulfur. It's also a great way to keep bugs away - it used to be used as a fumigant - to kill bugs, rodents, anything living, but outside it could be used to deter mosquito. Just a thought - and also dont' think I'm talking about enough to be harmful to people around it, it's be used on periphery of an area and it would act as a wall - it's an interesting method of mosquito control that I suspect was used back then.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   

It appears that the universe doesn't like the LGBT community.

Ive read that there was a crater discovered in Greenland, but that seems far too early. Maybe historians of many Faiths could collaborate and find out just what cataclysm happened, many people would have noticed.

If there was a God, surely he would have destroyed every Mardi gras ever, which was probably covered up in oolon callophids book 'well that wraps it up for God.'

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Too small to make a "nuclear winter" clouding the globus.
Pic of site

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bytore
The Sodom and Gomorrah impact event was calculated, from images on a clay tablet, to have occurred in the year 3,123 BC. The Mayan Calendar has a starting date of August 11, 3,114 BCE. This is approximately 9 years after the possible impact when the Mayans said the world began. After 9 years of nuclear winter, it would seem like the world was beginning again.
Narmer unified Egypt and became the first Pharaoh 3,100 BC.
Construction at Stonehenge started around 3,100 BC.
Rain started falling in the Sahara Desert (the African Humid Period) around 12,600 BC and stopped around 3,000 BC.

The Kofel''s Crater in Austria was thought to be the Sodom and Gomorrah impact site only to be ruled out.
Too many events happened at the same time to think an impact did not occur.
Is there any other information on a possible impact site?

Keep looking for data patterns that yield a 3657 year template ...3657 years between developed civilisations globally.

S&G are just collateral damages part of a Global event.Start at 2021 which is the arrival date of the incoming event.....go back 3657 years....and bingo.....do it again and again...I have mapped 3 events so far....2021 will be the 4th I can decipher.

Remember...during some cycles there are GLOBAL WARS just before it hits as populations try to get to safer ground....what do you think happens if China or the UA or Russia is destined to sink to the bottom of the oceans....they will seek to fight for that ground....S&G could have been a Pre-Emptive attack on territorial grounds or an attack to prevent further war.For example...right now we NEED 6 billion+ people just to avoid an ELE...a world war could destroy the species by reducing our numbers so low we are no longer in the Lottery with enough balls to make it to the other side.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 5-6-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   

It was hit by a solar burst same time sand in India was turned to glass as well as several other places,true history as told hardly adds up,craters couldn't be formed by an asteroid it would have an area of impact as it would be comming in at an angle,and craters are domed in the center a sign of a strong burst of energy,plus where is big asteroid and it's remnants?,the true story in no way resembles the BS we were taught in school

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Well obviously if you don't sacrifice enough goats the Sky God will become angry with us.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

It was hit by a solar burst same time sand in India was turned to glass as well as several other places,true history as told hardly adds up,craters couldn't be formed by an asteroid it would have an area of impact as it would be comming in at an angle,and craters are domed in the center a sign of a strong burst of energy,plus where is big asteroid and it's remnants?,the true story in no way resembles the BS we were taught in school

Our Atmosphere is pulled away from the Planet towards the Invader baring our throat to the wolf...and on the opposite side of the Invader the Suns outer periphery is pulled towards the Invader creating a massive solar flare …..when the Invader passes ...the twain shall meet....and yes one side of the Earth gets scorched by fire as they say.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: one4all

If the proposed paper is correct then your maths is way off.

400-600 AD plus 2500 years is most definitely not 2021!

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian
a reply to: one4all

If the proposed paper is correct then your maths is way off.

400-600 AD plus 2500 years is most definitely not 2021!

The only reliable way to build a baseline timeline is to begin with one Event then back-track for 3657 years....with utter disregard topped with some prejudice to stated dates and years and calenders….and science....we must only use material immovable physical evidences to parse the times between Events.Every 3657 years Calenders are completely reset....History begins completely anew....status quo directed continuity is engineered conjecture.

The math matters not...the VGCDW Model gives immovable material evidence of the last Event....it doesn't really matter how many years in terms of numbers we try to fit between them....there is a defined finite time-span between VGCDW Events.....we must follow a PHYSICAL MATERIAL TEMPLATE …. Natural actions....only......numbers and dates and calenders are easily manipulated.
For example in school you were taught as was everyone else that Oil is millions of years old.....this is a laughable assertation in fact it goes against all rational science so it is a lie and a fraud....liquid oil is EDIBLE...I have TASTED IT ON MY TONGUE...fresh out of the hole.....and it is only 3655 years old in some cases...in others older but NOT MILLIONS ...every 3657 years oil is renewed and there are deposits of differing ages but NONE MILLIONS OF YEARS OLD......oil is liquid and everything should begin right there.....lol...solid rock fossils that we were taught were millions of years old ….lol...they are in some cases 3655 years old and on others MULTIPLES OF 3657 YEARS OLD BECAUSE EVERY 3657 YEARS NEW FOSSLS ARE CREATED....it DOES NOT take millions of years to make fossils.....it takes a handful of years under specific conditions....I have found many examples of these fossils...like SHARDS OF MEAT/FLESH that are IDENTICAL IN EVERY VISUAL WAY to fresh shards of meat/flesh.... it does not take millions of years for these shards of fresh meat to become fossilised.Every 3657 years fossils that look identical are created and these deposits overlap and intermingle.
edit on 5-6-2019 by one4all because: (no reason given)

top topics

join