It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senator Clinton urges punishment for Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:54 AM
link   

WASHINGTON -- Democratic Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton called Tuesday for tougher punishment against Syria, saying the country was aggressively supporting terrorism in the "dangerous neighborhood" of the Middle East.

Speaking to the Jewish Council for Public Affairs, Clinton branded Syria and Iran bad neighbors bent on upsetting the fragile balance in the region.

"It is not only a dangerous neighborhood, but a neighborhood in which very few of the neighbors are committed to what Prime Minister (Ariel) Sharon is doing or what we hope to come from the Palestinian leadership,"

"Iran and Syria "pose such great threats not only to peace and stability, but in Iran's case the potential for nuclear capacity, and in Syria's case, with the continuation of the support for terrorism that flows from Damascus," she said.

source:
newsday

if the democratic senator wants to "Punush" syria,
and the republican senator wants to turn syria to "glass",
is there really any hope for a "peacefull diplomatic solution" to this problem?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Souljah,

You need to read the article and not just the headline. I read the entire article and this is the only thing I could find where she said anything even remotly close to what the headline is claiming.

"I've been particularly troubled by the Syrians' aggressive posture," said Clinton. "We need to send a very clear message that we will not tolerate what we believe to be and have reason to know is the continuing support for terrorism that comes out of Syria and Iran."

This does not mean that Sen. Clinton supports invasion, or attack of any sorts. It most likely refers to the imposition of tougher sactions.

[edit on 3/3/05 by Kidfinger]

join