It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I get people angry by accident...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I don't know if I always say the wrong thing or something but I always tend to get people angry with me.

I don't do it on purpose but I am prone to making people angry mostly because I say things at the wrong time or interrupt or something like that.

I just zone out and I have to do or say what I am thinking at that time. I mean I have some self control but it ticks me off when I am snapped at for what I think is not a big deal. It surprises me every time and I feel bad about, for me and the person I made angry. I feel like there is something wrong with me people wise and yes I am semi awkward but I have learned to blend in well. At least I thought but I think I was just scraping by.

Is it just me or am I just crappy in social situations? For sure though I am not a people person.

Is there anyone out there weird like me? I wish I was "normal" but I guess there is a purpose for everything including my weirdness.

You're a narcissist. Just by posting this and bringing attention to yourself proves it.

Online psychotherapy is so cool!!!

Someone was honestly asking why they feel awkward in a social situation... blame themselves and their behavior and ask advice... then just think they need to work on "blending in".

Supersmart buttplug posts that they have to be narcissistic.

Just a win/win here... you shame the OP, feel better about yourself and...

Wait... isn't that narcissism?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

I don't have any solutions really, but, I can relate, kinda. I love people, but they are also my biggest weakness.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

I don't know if I always say the wrong thing or something but I always tend to get people angry with me.

I don't do it on purpose but I am prone to making people angry mostly because I say things at the wrong time or interrupt or something like that.

I just zone out and I have to do or say what I am thinking at that time. I mean I have some self control but it ticks me off when I am snapped at for what I think is not a big deal. It surprises me every time and I feel bad about, for me and the person I made angry. I feel like there is something wrong with me people wise and yes I am semi awkward but I have learned to blend in well. At least I thought but I think I was just scraping by.

Is it just me or am I just crappy in social situations? For sure though I am not a people person.

Is there anyone out there weird like me? I wish I was "normal" but I guess there is a purpose for everything including my weirdness.

You're a narcissist. Just by posting this and bringing attention to yourself proves it.

Online psychotherapy is so cool!!!

Someone was honestly asking why they feel awkward in a social situation... blame themselves and their behavior and ask advice... then just think they need to work on "blending in".

Supersmart buttplug posts that they have to be narcissistic.

Just a win/win here... you shame the OP, feel better about yourself and...

Wait... isn't that narcissism?

Your anti-narcissism, clearly reeks of narcissism... you must be a narcissist. That is why you anger others. Whatever...

Introverts understand why The Grinch chose to live alone with his dog... he didn't hate Christmas. He hated people. I think that's fair...
edit on 4-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: Aflac

edit on 4-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: I'm defending the Grinch. I need to rethink my life...

edit on 4-6-2019 by madmac5150 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You're a narcissist projecting. You made an unhelpful yet confrontational internet post designed to bring attention to yourself.

That somehow "proves something" according to some super smart people who think you can actually make a clinical diagnosis without ever setting eyes on, or speaking a word to, a patient, but only reading a paragraph of something they said one time.

What a joke.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
You can't make everybody happy!
If your not religious in any way it will offend half the crowd.
If your gay it will offend the other half of the crowd.
If your whatever political party it will offend half the crowd.
If your pro abortion it will offend half the crowd.
If your not if will offend half the crowd.
If your for the trans agenda it will piss off 90% of the crowd leaving only the 10% trans folks happy just guessing at the numbers.

I as well piss off folks online but in real life am one of the most curteous respectful people and driver you will ever meet.
Like a Butler! Eager to please.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   

If you piss people off naturally, grow a pair and own it. It’s not really about what you say anyway — it’s about the confidence behind the words that you say. Do whatever you gotta do to give yourself a confidence boost. Wear a bright pink shirt that says “PRINCESS” in big sparkly letters and say whatever you want — no one’s going to take you seriously at that point anyway, so just let loose.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Wow, sound diagnosis Dr. Internet.
The crystal ball must be on overdrive huh?
I guess it takes one to know one.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   

I do the same. Just say things as I see them. Bluntly honest. It offends people often.
I just prefer honesty and don't like that we're expected to lie to each other, especially as I have spent a lifetime being told dishonesty is bad.

This has resulted in me being labelled "autistic".

Give me 100 bad truths over one good lie any day.

If people cannot accept you for who you are that's a them problem. Find new people to associate with that will.

I find most people to be hypocrites, they will happily point out what you're doing wrong according to them while they themselves do the exact same thing or worse yet seem completely oblivious to it.

That's humans for you. Too busy pointing out the flaws in others to look at themselves.

Only time it should be a problem is if you're going out of your way to verbally abuse people.
If that's the case then maybe you need to get it in check, otherwise screw those guys.

And maybe go see a psychologist or something. Maybe you're autistic too. Go look up the traits and see if any more of them match you.

Higher functioning folks can go through their entire lives not realising they're 'neuro diverse' and end up feeling like crap because they're living in a world not built for them and have never been assisted in functioning in it.

Instead they're just labelled as weird and get shunned by society.

But yes, if it is stressing you out I recommend seeking professional help.
edit on 5-6-2019 by AtomicKangaroo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:27 AM
link   
There's probably nothing wrong with you. In general, people are just ignorant twats who are wound up constantly and always looking for reasons to be angry.

Pretty much everyone is living in their own personal hell so it usually isn't anything personal. It's just pressure taking the path of least resistance.

Might kinda help dissipate some of the impact of it if you try to keep in mind that it isn't anything personal most of the time. Random people don't know you so they don't know enough about you to really have it be all that personal. Just frustrated people doing what they do.

edit on 5-6-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-6-2019 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   

You wish you "was normal"- What is normal? certainly not the majority of people judging by their antics.
Don't wish your soul away it may be the only valuable asset you actually have, be yourself if they don't like it- tuff titties to them.
Their only angry because 8 or 9 times outa 10 your probably right and as usual they can't handle it.

It's not that your "crappy" in social situations, it's that social situations are generally "crappy" and ignorant for not accepting you for who you are.

In the words of the great Nelson Mandella " Never bow down so those around you do not feel insecure".
(ps they feel insecure because they know their unworthy.)

As for seeing a psychologist- skip it, their schooled by incorrect methods leading to grossly incorrect diagnosis, the fact you can get on here and express yourself like that only proves your as sane as they only wish they could be.

Love and Support and best wishes.

edit on 5-6-2019 by CthruU because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
You're probably like me- you say it like it is and give honest answers or opinions to questions put to you. I always warn people if they ask me something if they're prepared to not like the answer as I sugar coat nothing for nobody. I'd rather be truthful and make people angry at the truth, than lie and make myself a dishonest person.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Something it might be worth reminding yourself from time to time

**You can please some of the people all of the time... you can please all of the people some of the time ... but you can't please all the people all of the time**

by John Lydgate and made famous by Abraham Lincoln.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I don't have autism. I took a test. I scored a 27 and 29 and up is the spectrum. I guess I am just a hardcore introvert... thankfully.
2 points away is close though. Internet tests are amazing things.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

originally posted by: nerbot

Only a narcissist would say something like that without knowing the facts or meeting the person.

The O.P. sounds more like an unwilling introvert to me.

I am an unwilling introvert, so I get it.

It's not easy, being an introvert... we have no support groups. We try, but no one ever shows up.

We do show up....but wait outside procrastinating.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

People who lose their cool or manners at work are weak IMO.

Most of the time, they have problems within their own lives that they are having a hard time dealing with; stressed, tired, in pain or just plain mean.

Don’t take it personally; I have worked with a few of those types, mainly older women who were just B’. Interact only when you have to, keep it non-emotional and remember it’s their problem!

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Just to clarify here..

Are you saying you dont listen to anything someone is saying and constantly blurt out whatever is on your mind, regardless of the pace of the conversation?

Thats kinda what it sounds like when you say you do things like interrupt, zone out, etc.

I could see that being annoying honestly.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I would surmise with your attitude you have very few friends. NO, it's not alright. If you were an animal you would be shunned from the herd for such behaviour. As a human you should have a modicum of decorum, tact. It's because you've been raised without any feeling for other people. Are you an only child, were you doted on by your parents.
As you've already admitted you can't control it, that's because you haven't been taught to. As I assume you are an adult it is not too late to learn to read other peoples feelings before you answer or not answer.
A exceptionally good way is for everyone to give you a smart slap across the face every time you do it. You'll soon LEARN then. NO it's not alright, it's a sign of complete ignorance for your fellow man.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I used to get people angry at me also. You say you zone out. I got that problem also. I also have bad hearing and let people know.

Someone says something or asks a question. What? If they look at me weird or get angry. Sorry I can't hear I have a ringing in my ear, and it feels clogged. What did you say? They usually repeat what they said. Then I can respond.

This helps me to refocus on what they are saying. Also to think of a reply instead of blurting one out. If I can't think of a response that is appropiate or not insulting I tell them I don't what to tell you.

I try not to gossip. I hardly swear. I do my best not to insult people or say bad things. I will give an honest opnion in the best way possible in the most positive light possible. I try to be possitive. One of the hardest things for me is to phrase things in a positive manner.

Recent conversation. How did your day go? Ok. Well at least nothing bad happened. Got a small smile out of that. I know there are better examples. I can't think of them right now.

There is one thing that saved my job. Jesus really got ahold of me. I started doing what his word said instead of listening to it once a week.

Part of the teachings that basically says if someone has something against you go to them make amends before they take you to the judge kept coming into my mind. I was being taken to HR, bad enough.

I went to the person as soon as I could and apologized wether it was my fault or not. Explained honestly what was happening and why I said what I did. I found out later she went to HR asking them not to fire me. We been close friends for as long as we were co-workers. I have been with that company for about 6 years now.

Following his teachings has changed my life and how I handle things.
edit on 5/6/2019 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/6/2019 by Mystery_Lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
I would surmise with your attitude you have very few friends. NO, it's not alright. If you were an animal you would be shunned from the herd for such behaviour. As a human you should have a modicum of decorum, tact. It's because you've been raised without any feeling for other people. Are you an only child, were you doted on by your parents.
As you've already admitted you can't control it, that's because you haven't been taught to. As I assume you are an adult it is not too late to learn to read other peoples feelings before you answer or not answer.
A exceptionally good way is for everyone to give you a smart slap across the face every time you do it. You'll soon LEARN then. NO it's not alright, it's a sign of complete ignorance for your fellow man.

Real nice! You suggest slapping someone in the face for something they have stated they can’t help?

You probably sit in the first pew at church every Sunday too!

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Its not by accident. If you suffer from Low Emotional Intelligence you clearly will have difficulty working out why you anger people. So suggest you do one of low emotional intelligence test online and start reading up on methods that you can use to overcome those communication barriers.

Having low emotional Intelligence does not equate to low IQ. Sometimes the inverse is true. It simply means that you are unable to feel empathy for others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join