It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular' German politician killed after being shot in head outside home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
looks like some people or person aren't happy wit Merkel and co. This is the first to go??

German police have begun a murder investigation after a long-time member of Chancellor Angela Merkel's party was shot dead outside his home. Walter Lubcke, 65, was discovered in his garden in the early hours of Sunday morning with a gunshot wound to the head that was "fired at close range", prosecutors have said. A motive has not yet been established. Suicide has been ruled out.

In 2015, Mr Lubcke publicly supported allowing refugees to settle in Germany, and told anyone who opposed this that they were "free to leave". These comments, which were made at a town hall meeting in Lohfelden, led to him being given temporary police protection after he received threatening messages.

above clippets mention he had recieved threats before in 2015 but nothing came of it then. 4 years later... bang bang!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Where did he live in Germany?

Reason I ask is that I've heard the cities are pretty much like London, with cameras everywhere.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Filming on streets in Germany is not really easy. Privacy laws are really strict over there. I’m actually not even alowed to use my dashcam when I drive over, to do my shopping in Germany ( I live in the Netherlands, 10 minutes from the border).
Also Google streetview is mostly unavailable in Germany due to the privacy laws.
edit on 4-6-2019 by Goedhardt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Goedhardt

Filming on streets in Germany is not really easy. Privacy laws are really strict over there. I’m actually not even alowed to use my dashcam when I drive over, to do my shopping in Germany ( I live in the Netherlands, 10 minutes from the border).
Also Google streetview is mostly unavailable in Germany due to the privacy laws.

The increased privacy laws are not in place to protect germans (or anyone else in any other country), those privacy laws are to protect the government and their plans while they destroy your country.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I would believe that post was not about personal cameras

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

After doing a quick search on this it seems no-one at present knows why he was murdered.

At present all theories surrounding his death are shear speculation and probably driven by bias and agenda driven motives.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

Reason I ask is that I've heard the cities are pretty much like London, with cameras everywhere.

He lived in a village with only some 900 inhabitants, and was found on his house's terrace, so I don't think there will be any cameras that could be used to help solve the case.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You'd only have to look to those that own a gun and pay them a visit. After all, aren't guns rare and well controlled? I'm sure those that do are well known to the federal government.

Let's see if we ever get an answer to this incident. I'm not holding my breath. It's not like the Germans like bad press.

edit on 6-4-2019 by LogicalGraphitti because: Change for clarity

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti
You'd only have to look to those that own a gun and pay them a visit. After all, aren't guns rare and well controlled? I'm sure those that do are well known to the federal government.

Let's see if we ever get an answer to this incident. I'm not holding my breath. It's not like the Germans like bad press.

Banning guns does not keep one from getting one illegally..

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:11 AM
link   
He was hated by the far right. There are boards on the net where he was threatened and, after his death, his death was hailed.
He was under police protection because of these threads to his life, a step not taken lightly in Germany.

Today this is viewed as a hate crime by political impact.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

He lived in a village with only some 900 inhabitants, and was found on his house's terrace, so I don't think there will be any cameras that could be used to help solve the case.

One would think that in a village that size, someone would have heard a gunshot?

I'm guessing the killer used a suppressor. Professional hit?

(post by TheZOGnald removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Banning guns does not keep one from getting one illegally..

Precisely...

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This thread is more about 'who would do it and why, than should people be allowed to carry guns???

I'm speculating that it would be someone who is leaning more to the right but only because of the state of Germany now and what's happened since the influx of "refugee's" and people claiming to be "refugee's"

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So they arrested a young man who apparently had a 'private relationship' with the victim.
No details yet, but this doesn't look like a political motivated crime.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: mightmight
So they arrested a young man who apparently had a 'private relationship' with the victim.
No details yet, but this doesn't look like a political motivated crime.

ok, thanks for that info although it could be 'fake news', in order to not send panic through the government of Germany!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

As you didn't provide a source I went looking for more information, and I found this:

On Saturday, a man was placed under “provisional arrest” after police analysed data on Lübcke’s mobile phone, but he was released in the early hours of Sunday. “The questioning did not yield any evidence pointing to complicity in the crime,” police said.

Investigators denied claims, originally made by the newspaper Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, that the person detained was a young man who had a “private relationship” with Lübcke.

Source

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP
yes it was an ongoing situation

unfortunately it now loks like it was a political murder afterall, the police has arrested a right wing extremist

Germany probes 'right-wing extremist' murder of politician

A politician has been murdered in an apparent execution-style assassination. German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer has described the attack as "right-wing extremist" in nature, saying it was "directed against us all."

www.dw.com...

new topics

top topics

join