It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular German physicist Harald Lesch about Trumps Knowledge

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

I didn't see anything about using aluminum nano-particles, only that they are not using silver iodide. Seems they have a proprietary medium that they are keeping secret.

Where did you find that they used aluminum nano-particles? I'm genuinely concerned over that statement.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

David Keith, Harvard University.
Sorry article in German can't find anything in English that isn't fringe.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: IAMTAT
a reply to: oloufo

Is it me...or does this guy sound like a Nazi?

Well he is speaking the native tongue of the Nazis.

Yeah, great. Go away and be rascist against some other people.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Eh, OK, I can't read German... but I'm heading to the shop. I'll translate it there and get back to you in a bit.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

Sucks to be stereotyped, don't it?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

OK, got it translated. This excerpt is from that translation and the only mention of aluminum that was there:

So far, Keith has only cooled the temperatures by simulation on the computer. For the year 2018, he has announced that he will now be using his method in practice: For this purpose, he wants to raise a balloon that sprays particles such as sulfur dioxide, aluminum or calcium carbonate at a height of around 25 kilometers.
Original German site.

What they're talking about is using particles in place of large mirrors to reflect solar heating, essentially duplicating the effect of a volcanic winter effect. After a large volcanic eruption, the temperature of the planet can cool by a measurable amount since the pollution from the volcano blocks the sun out. I do not agree with this proposal. The very fact that they are using known pollutants to try and mitigate the supposed effects of carbon dioxide is likely the most ludicrous thing I have heard in my lifetime come out of supposed science, and perfectly illustrates why all the concern over carbon dioxide is actually worsening our effect on the planet.

Sulfur dioxide is the very chemical that causes acid rain! It's the reason why early catalytic converters would smell like rotten eggs when they stopped up. That sulfur dioxide that people would smell was getting into the atmosphere and through a couple of simple conversions becoming sulfuric acid. Rainwater would then wash it out of the air and kill any plant life under it. The acidification of the oceans that is being blamed on carbon dioxide is actually more likely to be coming from sulfur dioxide, because ships until just a short time back were burning high-sulfur fuels; there were no international fuel standards. Even today, I think they use relatively high-sulfur fuels compared to what automobiles are required to use.

Aluminum, as I said before, is an extremely toxic metal in its elemental form. Soft drink cans are not a problem because aluminum, being so reactive, immediately forms a coating of inert aluminum oxide on any exposed surface when it comes into contact with air. But nano-particles and other aluminum compounds don't do that. They allow aluminum to be absorbed by the body, which has been linked to Alzheimer's and dementia.

Calcium carbonate is not that bad, but it is still a pollutant. It's smog, essentially, and any particles one breathes in are a concern. Some the body can quickly dispose of, but some will remain in the lungs for quite some time, and those aveoli (sp?) where they lodge are quite chemically active (it's where blood gases are exchanged) and sensitive to contaminants.

Essentially, what these scientists are saying is, "Screw pollution; as long as we get rid of the carbon dioxide, we don't care if we poison the whole planet." That's not something I support, and not something I would hope that you support.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Well to me this is a Mandela Effect because I remember it to be common knowledge. Now I can't find any links.
Sorry I'm experiencing technical difficulties.

Nope
All I can find now is a retracted article which was about coal fly ash to release aluminium in connection with water.
But I swear it was considered a good idea and openly discussed. Now it's gone. Just some bloggs about measuring aluminium...

edit on 6-6-2019 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Probably because someone with a voice finally pointed out (likely several somebodys) that aluminum nano-particles were toxic. So everyone stopped spraying them and hushed everything up.

That's the disadvantage of the Internet over books. Once a book is written and published, it's written and published. There are no do-overs. On the Internet, sites can be modified, taken down, adjusted, hidden...

Every scientific principle I use in these discussions came from a book, which is why I don't use more links.

Now, do you see the problem I have with the Global Warming frenzy? Pollution is good if it hurts carbon dioxide!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   

There are some crappy books out there. Like everything with the title "The Secret History of The World". That's no standard.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Bah, I'm not talking about those. Here's two that were just laying around out here:

Modern Control Systems. twelth edition, 2011, by Richard C. Dorf and Robert H. Bishop

Sliding Mode Control and Observation, 2010, by Yuri Shtessel, Christopher Edwards, Leonid Fridman, and Arie Levant.

I have an entire library... actually several smaller libraries in different locations because I don't have a single place big enough to hold all my books... of technical books on everything from automatic transmission repair to quantum tunneling effects.

(Incidentally, I studied under Dr. Shtessel... he was also my advisor. Cool dude, smart as a whip.)

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Oh wow that's lovely.

I like smart, not saying I am, just that I can appreciate well read.
I'm more a fiction person and most of the time am lost in my naval.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I'm a technical guy... I can spend hours browsing through a good chemistry book. I read a little fiction, but very little... mostly sci-fi stuff because it gives me ideas to consider. Other people think I'm a little weird... but it's just who I am.

I was using those control theory books a while back to help me work out the design for a six-legged autonomous robot design I have in my head... mainly for exploratory, military reconnaissance, and disaster recovery situations. Be nice to not have to send in people who could get killed. That's why they were laying out.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

That's nice, I have watched that university robot contest and they struggled a lot with things like stairs.
I'm too impatient to deal with tech, I just occasionally stop bye to see what's up.
But be sure I appreciate you are working on it.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Well, thank you, but that robot is a long-term project... likely won't hear much about it for many years. I may find a protege to carry on my work even. I'm looking. But I have other things closer to completion... maybe you'll get to see some of them.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

OMG I swear ... another tease. (TEOT is promising for years he'll show me his music, YEARS!)
Haha, no hard feelings
What will you show me? Will it be big and loud?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:20 PM
link   

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Merde! I'm old enough to remember all these.....

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: network dude

It's important you understand admitting there's always some margin of error in every prediction, is just an honest thing to do. That doesn't mean it's false or unlikely.

Can you point to where I stated that?

It's just not settled science as some seem to think. It's not your fault, it's the fake newz.
Please remember, just as you have the right to think it's man made all the way, some have the right to think, maybe there is a lot more to this that we don't know yet. And think that way out of caution for someone trying to fix something that doesn't need fixed, thus causing the very outcome they wish to avoid.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Why is this thread in the science forum when it should be in the "mud pit"?...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

" Show me yours. What "facts" have convinced you? "

More like You Define what you Personally Believe to be a FACT , then I will Inform you that it Tis or Tisen't . A Hint...... - " Carbon Tax/Ponzi Scheme/ Destroying the Wealth of Nation States/ Laughing at the Peasants / WE Control Da WORLD , and You WILL OBEY .........Kinda FACTS . The Scientific Numbers are " Fudged " for the Sake of the Financial Backers of these Alleged " Scientists " and for the Completion of the " Ruse " Me Lady ...... :idea
edit on 6-6-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join