It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broward County Deputy Who Failed to Confront Parkland Shooter Arrested For Child Neglect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:
(post by TheZOGnald removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Interestingly, by statute in Florida, SROs are hired for “the protection and safety” of staff and students in a school. I think that’s the angle FDLE is trying to take here.

Will it work? No, I don’t think it will. I don’t think he meets the level of care and control for a caregiver, and I don’t think Florida is willing to change their definition of who’s a caregiver just to get this guy. I can see him going down for perjury but that’s likely going to be it.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Krakatoa

The problem is that it is not his job. Cops are there to protect society as a whole, not individuals. While I think it SHOULD be their job, I believe courts have ruled otherwise.

I'm not talking about protecting someone's life though am I ? I am talking about the failure to stop and apprehend a person committing a felony in progress. That is the job of a police officer....and if not, then what the hell are my tax dollars going to for them to be out there?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
Sadly, the SCOTUS may very well toss out this verdict based on their prior rulings on matters like this.
www.nytimes.com...

The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

They're claiming that the deputy is held liable under the term "caregiver" due to his daily proximity to the students.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   
He is/was a paper pusher and immune like the rest. I would imagine if he went in and put a bullet in that kids head, the SJW's would be screaming for his head too.

I don't get why he didn't go in. As an adult, man, whatever, when kids are in danger you would think it would be a natural instinct to run at the threat?

Regardless, any conviction will be tossed. He is a paper pusher and from the looks of it far from the gladiator type. As others have pointed out, SCOUTS have already ruled.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's an interesting twist. I do expect the man will find himself paying through the nose over civil suits that he almost certainly will lose, but successful criminal prosecution seems out of reach here. This looks like a DA's office trying to score points for "trying."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join