It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noa Pothoven of Arnhem in the Netherlands is legally euthanised

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I'm not a big fan of life taking, be it your own or somebody else's, but it should be up to the individual to choose if they want to go on living. not the state and certainly not a bunch of busy bodies who've never me the person in question.

by all means try to convince somebody to go on living with pursuasive arguments, and try to help them through whatever difficulties they are having, but at the end of the day it is their life and their choice and we should respect that.

taking away that choice is like taking away their right to control their own destiny.

if somebody is drunk then maybe let them sober up and see if they still want to, and maybe stop criminals killing themselves as a way of escaping justice, but when somebody is sober, sane and intent on doing this, then society should respect their wishes.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I'm not sure the age thing matters to me as much as another fundamental element here. Don't get me wrong, the age element matters, but I believe there is a larger issue.

To me, the issue boils down to mental anguish versus physical pain and suffering. Now, I am not suggesting that mental anguish is not a real medical condition, but I have a hard time putting it in the category as a horrific injury, deadly disease or significant physical disability (whatever the cause, genetic, birth, etc.).

To me, the two are different in the respect that one is a clear and present affliction which is occurring in a real-time state, and the other is a mental image of something which happened in the past and is not occurring in a real-time state.0

Just my .02

Bottom line...I don't think this euthanasia should have been allowed. Sad day.

Mental anguish kills far more people than physical. Go look at how many vets in the US commit suicide. Just because you don’t see it, doesn’t mean it isn’t real.

I beg to differ, 'mental anguish' itself didn't kill them, something else did.

Ok, then the gun they shoot themselves with killed them. Maybe you would rather ban guns so they can't do that?

Clever. Wrong again.

<< 3  4  5   >>

join