It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Problem With Power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
"Something is rotten in the state of Denmark"

For example the Bilderberger. What are they talking about, they can't talk about at normal diplomatic interactions? I mean it's not like we the people get transcripts of the meetings between powerful figures. Or is it just about talks outside of protocol, casual? How could we know?
And they have the audacity to speak in the name of their nations including you and me? I have not once been asked what my opinion on interfering in other nations business is, peaceful or not.
I guess it happens occasionally like Brexit but that's as example not really reassuring "they" act accordingly. And there are plenty of countries who don't even bother trying to pretend their population's will matters at all. Power is the biggest evil of all. I'd guess there are only a handful of people on Earth who could handle that without being corrupted. And they usually don't want power so it's safe to say they're not the ones in power.
But we allow the system to keep going. "They" developed more and more cunning ways to control and brainwash us and we simply stopped giving a #, or are so busy with life and fullfilling the expectations society is forcing on us we simply don't have the time to think.
Where are the rebels, the dreamers of a better world? We desperately need new ideas how we can organize our shared existence on this planet. And I don't mean the pathetic "social issues" they try to keep us divided with.

In theory it might have been a good idea every county sends his speaker and they come together to make a compromise reflecting the needs and wants of those who have sent them. But it's not how it works, they completely lost touch with the lifes of ordinary people. And they never ask.
Personally I like the idea that one day we outgrow those pseudo monarchies we currently have. That we just say "enough" and start organizing an effective way of exchanging our needs, wants, opinions and just ignore those pricks looking down on us.
We are smarter than they want us to believe.

And there are plenty of symptoms proving beyond all doubt we are not at the pinnacle of our development as civilisation. We are not even Type I, we are incredible young as species. And I guess that made it so far somewhat forgiveable(?) we are hoping for a god, aliens, leaders to rescue us from ourself.
But it's no longer acceptable. Not with the scientific progress towards complete annihilation we have made.
Only you have the authority to speak for yourself. Only you can create a better present and future. Yes you.
"No man has the right to rule over another man"

edit on 4-6-2019 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Despite HUGE advances in automation and productivity the people of the World are just incapable of meeting their own needs without a massive accumulation of debt. This is by design:

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws". Mater Amschel Rothschild

During the Civil War (1861-1865), President Lincoln needed money to finance the War from the North. The Bankers were going to charge him 24% to 36% interest. Lincoln was horrified and went away greatly distressed, for he was a man of principle and would not think of plunging his beloved country into a debt that the country would find impossible to pay back.

Eventually President Lincoln was advised to get Congress to pass a law authorizing the printing of full legal tender Treasury notes to pay for the War effort. Lincoln recognized the great benefits of this issue. At one point he wrote:

"(we) gave the people of this Republic the greatest blessing they have ever had – their own paper money to pay their own debts..."

The Treasury notes were printed with green ink on the back, so the people called them "Greenbacks".

Lincoln printed 400 million dollars worth of Greenbacks (the exact amount being $449,338,902), money that he delegated to be created, a debt-free and interest-free money to finance the War. It served as legal tender for all debts, public and private. He printed it, paid it to the soldiers, to the U.S. Civil Service employees, and bought supplies for war.

Shortly after that happened, The London Times printed the following: "If that mischievous financial policy, which had its origin in the North American Republic, should become indurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without a debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous beyond precedent in the history of the civilized governments of the world. The brains and the wealth of all countries will go to North America. That government must be destroyed, or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe."

Unless we start printing interest free money NOTHING will change.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Money is just another tool of control. It isn't real.
But I liked your post and thank you for your contribution.
Maybe it's a key tool we could use to control them?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Money is just another tool of control. It isn't real.
But I liked your post and thank you for your contribution.
Maybe it's a key tool we could use to control them?

The Bilderberger group is about maintaining control and power. Fiat currency is the primary mechanism of preserving monarchy. Fiat currency as a technology centralizes power.

"Give me control of a nations money supply, and I care not who makes it’s laws". Mater Amschel Rothschild

I read a really great book called Power and Technology by David Kipnis who is a psychologist. Everyone is likely familiar with the 19th century British politician Lord Acton's quotation, "Absolute power corrupts absolutely." The problem is even far worse than described by this simple quote. In his book, Kipnis talks about something call the Metamorphic Effect of Power. When someone perceives they have successfully influenced someone or experience someone as being submissive to a power holder's authority there is a psychology transformation that occurs for the power holder. Because we value self-reliance the power holder develops a feeling of contempt over people who are submissive to the power holder's authority. Kipnis coined this developing contempt for people as the Metamorphic Effect of Power.

The Metamorphic Effect of Power changes the way a power holder will make decisions. Once the power holder has contempt people are no longer seen as equal human beings. The power holder's contempt makes the power holder see people under authority as sub-humans. Once the power holder sees someone as a being sub-human then sub-humans can be treated like ants with no moral consequence for stepping on one.

The negative effects of the Metamorphic Effect of Power can been seen and felt in every level of our culture. The only way not to be affected by the Metamorphic Effect of Power is to be aware of its existence. From bosses abusing their power to wars where thousands are bombed out of existence the Metamorphic Effect of Power is why people do not treat other people as sacred objects.

Also the "Technology and Power" Kipnis talks about how technology can be used to subjugate people under a central power holding authority. Technology creates power holders. And with the Metamorphic Effect of Power people use technology in very bad ways:

"In the words of Jose Ortega y Gasset: "Technology provides men the leisure to realize their true potential" This, then, is the promise of technology: a material world of plenty and a spiritual world in which we have the leisure to realize our highest potentials and the freedom to contemplate God.

Yet in nagging counterpoint to this optimism about the beneficent world of plenty provided by unlimited power is the suspicion that technology has another face. There is a world in which the freedom to choose and to control evens has been subtly altered so that there is less choice and less control. This is the world of "megatechnics," to use Lewis Mumford's apt phrasing, in which technology concentrates power and reduces individual choice."

Does our system of technology we have in our lives exist to serve us or do we the people exist to serve the system is a fundamental question with the character of our culture. As a technologist, the Kipnis quote above has haunted me my whole career. I've always hoped my life's work would helped people have the power they need so they can have "the leisure to realize our highest potentials and the freedom to contemplate God." But instead, the reality I fear, is my whole life has resulting in making everything worse by concentrating power in fewer and fewer hands contrary to my personal values of creating a more egalitarian culture.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Canada printed interest free money from 1933 to 1973. Then the traitor, PE Trudeau signed the Basel accord which transferred the control of currency to "charter" banks along with interestThose charter banks are controlled by the world Bank, imf and bis. Canada's debt went from 15.8 billion in 1973 to about 200 billion by 1983. The debt in 1973 included the cost of WW2 and by 1983 was increased by over 1200%, because of interest. This debt noose, rather than being tied around the citizen's necks should rather be firmly planted around every prime minister that supported or maintained this treason.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Despite HUGE advances in automation and productivity the people of the World are just incapable of meeting their own needs without a massive accumulation of debt.

I am of the world , and I don't have a massive amount of debt
I like it that way
Prepped for retirement next year.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Canada printed interest free money from 1933 to 1973. Then the traitor, PE Trudeau signed the Basel accord which transferred the control of currency to "charter" banks along with interestThose charter banks are controlled by the world Bank, imf and bis. Canada's debt went from 15.8 billion in 1973 to about 200 billion by 1983. The debt in 1973 included the cost of WW2 and by 1983 was increased by over 1200%, because of interest. This debt noose, rather than being tied around the citizen's necks should rather be firmly planted around every prime minister that supported or maintained this treason.

Dave

It's not very often you and I agree on anything. I don't care what mechanism is used to provide interest free money. Whether it is the gold standard or like what Lincoln did with greenbacks. All I know is the current fiat currency mechanism makes it impossible for people NOT to live in poverty.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Despite HUGE advances in automation and productivity the people of the World are just incapable of meeting their own needs without a massive accumulation of debt.

I am of the world , and I don't have a massive amount of debt
I like it that way
Prepped for retirement next year.

I am a PAGO person also. But after 2001 when oil went up to $240 per barrel and after the 2008 banking crisis fiat money is now worth 1/2 as much. It's really irritating to have your life savings taxed through inflation and devaluation. The facts cannot be denied:

www.quandl.com...

I'm glad you are doing so well. Not everyone is blessed by God as well as you are. I tend to be in the group of people who don't say, "I have mine, screw everyone else."

edit on 4-6-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
Only you have the authority to speak for yourself. Only you can create a better present and future. Yes you.
"No man has the right to rule over another man"

There is a more important question -

As us peasants have no chance of making things better (Brexit - 2 years later and still waiting) everyone needs to ask themselves, "why did they sign up and agree to be born into this era and have to live in a world where the ultra-rich own and control this planet".

Ignore the current state of the world. The goons at the top are only digging themselves deeper into the depths of despair. Because when Justice, in the form of karma, comes and bites them on the a$$, there will be no happiness for them.

Like you said - "create a better future". Exactly: learn now what is bad and evil on this planet, do not get grumpy and seek revenge upon the globalists. Then after death, move to a better world in this universe leaving this planet descend into a deeper hell-hole.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
What good is power when you need body guards, and have to rely on everyone else?

edit on 4-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
We could just use leaves for money.
Then everybody would be rich.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Someone has to rule else there would be chaos. Whoever rules grows to love that power and seeks to keep it by any means necessary.

It really doesn't matter for the most part who rules the world as long as their is basic peace and safety. I don't think there will ever be a day that every single person on the planet is going to be happy.

For the happy ones though as long as they have money for what they need for themselves and children for the most part I think they'd live their lives and die peacefully.
If a car breaks you want to be able to fix it. My kids all have cars and are working jobs and when their car breaks I have to fix it plus help pay for some if not all of the parts. I don't mind really but lately its been a bit overwhelming.

Normal every day people would live and die peacefully but not rebels. Rebels stem from not liking being told what to do. They don't like being ruled, or having a boot on their face. They don't like being taxed off the land their father slaved for. They don't like being threatened by authorities that their children can be taken away.

Rebels now can quietly be financially ruined. And all made to look like it was all just bad luck.

All people need is a little more money, a little less hatred, a little more leisure time and a bit more understanding for their fellow man which can be achieved through prog-ramming. LOL! And good old propaganda.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

It is Destined to Corrupt Completely .....

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

That's along the lines of what I've been thinking the past while.

Along with reality being what you choose to focus on and to not focus on anything you have zero control over (which is most of the troubles in the world). That's not to mean one should just be selfish or pursue hedonism or live a solipsistic existence, but just not to expend one's mental energy on problems on the far side of the planet, or this amorphous "the poor" and instead focus on where you can make a difference -which can be as simple as just being a pleasant person for others to interact with, by being polite, and open, etc.

Also consider this quote in an otherwise silly novel "This Book is Full of Spiders":

the amount of the universe a human can experience is statistically, like, zero percent. You’ve got this huge universe, trillions of trillions of miles of empty space between galaxies, and all a human can perceive is a little tunnel a few feet wide and a few feet long in front of our eyes. So we don’t really live in the universe at all, we live inside our brains. All we can see is like a blurry little pinhole in a blindfold, and the rest is filled in by our imagination. So whatever we think of the world, whether you think the world is cruel or good or cold or hot or wet or dry or big or small, that comes entirely from inside your head and nowhere else.

top topics

join