It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eurocopter Tiger

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I'd like someone to post here some pictures of this helicopter please, though I wouldn't mind it if someone posted technical statistics and other information here.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
www.google.com

www.google.com/images

Knock yourself out.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
www.google.com

www.google.com/images

Knock yourself out.

You clearly don't see the point of this thread. I set it up in order to avoid searching on Google as it is tiring and a lot of trash comes by the search. When I ask someone to post pictures here, I ask to post pictures here, not telling me when I should look for them.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   
SO basically you are saying 'someone else do the hard work for me'. Fantastic.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This took me under 60 seconds, including reading the last three posts debating posting these pics:

Talk about an Apache clone...

[edit on 3-3-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Entering 'eurocopter tiger' into both google and google images produced some very good images and specification sites, and it took me less than 5 seconds. Hardwork and rubbish results - where?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by RichardPrice
SO basically you are saying 'someone else do the hard work for me'. Fantastic.

No, I rather thought that someone has some Tiger pics on his HD. But even if I did, you didn't do what I asked you to do, I mean, in reply to a request for some pics, you shouldn't post where TO GET such pics - you should write in the first reply what you have written now.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Check these ugly killers out

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
So far, I don't believe that there are many production Tigers flying yet. Although some reports say that "...the Tiger is in service with France, Germany, Spain, and Australia..." Both France and Germany are waiting on software glitches in their aircraft as is Spain (Aviation Week & Space Technology, 01/31/2005, page 30). I think two or three Tigers have been shipped to Australia, three to Spain and about ten or 12 each to France and Germany.

In the same article, the Eurocopter folks say they're going to "fight hard" for the fifty proposed Turkey orders for an attack helicopter; an RFP of which has recently been received.

The last time the Turks issued an RFP for an attack helicopter, the Tiger didn't make the short list, and Turkey asked both Boeing (AH-64D) and Bell (UH-1W) for a lot of Christmas presents; not just some co-production, but agreement for Turkey to build additional aircraft under license and market them to other nations in the area. Boeing told them to pound sand; they weren't going to undercut their own sales for a short-term gain, and Turkey choose Bell.

However, Bell couldn't get the UH-1Z built on schedule because of (surprise!) software glitches; and the Turks realized they didn't have all that much money, because they'd undergone that horrible earthquake in 2000 which was financially ruinous to them. So they canceled the Bell award.

Now they're trying again, and this time, the Tiger may have a bit of a chance, because of the EU politics involved (Turkey is part of the EU now), and there's a bit more political pressure for them to buy an EU airplane. But I still don't think they have the money for a major weapons system procurement, although I do know that Boeing, as well as a few other manufacturers, is actively pursuing the procurement.

Right now, the Tiger, which was designed to fight the Soviet threat, is looking for international customers. If France and Germany buy the variants they say they will, and Spain and Australia do as well, it still won't be enough to make the program break even.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
You B.
See on your Cobra, and let your sick on your pad .. .. .

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Now they're trying again, and this time, the Tiger may have a bit of a chance, because of the EU politics involved (Turkey is part of the EU now), and there's a bit more political pressure for them to buy an EU airplane.

Turkey are most definatly NOT part of the EU, they recently forged an agreement that sees the EU agree to not being against Turkey joining at some stage and proposing a start date for negotiations. They will be lucky to get near joining in the next 15yrs

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Yes but by buying European helicopters they will be hoping to improve theur chances of getting into the EU, it's basically an international political form of buttkissing

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 11:22 PM
link   
For the love of god!!! That mi-28 is fitted with more crap than anything ive ever seen. Russias idea of defence, strap as much weapons as absolutely possile onto an airframe to "scare" the enemy away as it lumbers off the runway at an amazing speed of 3 knots. Come on, enough is enough. A freakin cobra could smash that thing in 2 seconds.

Train

posted on Mar, 10 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Talk about an Apache clone...

The Cobra and Apache is a Mi-24 Hind Clone, so what?

For the love of god!!! That mi-28 is fitted with more crap than anything ive ever seen. Russias idea of defence, strap as much weapons as absolutely possile onto an airframe to "scare" the enemy away as it lumbers off the runway at an amazing speed of 3 knots. Come on, enough is enough. A freakin cobra could smash that thing in 2 seconds.

This is an arrogant statement, the KA-50 and AH-64 would be evenly matched since they both can be equipted with Air to Air missiles, the Mi-28 is faster, beter armed and armored and is one of the most respected aircraft in the world along side the Hind and Apache, the Longbow has the largest radar range how ever.

Please keep those crude statement to your self.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 05:40 AM
link   
BigTrain,

You trying to prove your stupidity on every thread?

Cheers

BHR

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yeah what the hell Big Train? I see some missiles, rockets, and a machine gun? Looks to be the same amount as any other chopper. I think youre just speaking of the bulkiness of it. Child

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   
IMHO,The Hind has basically more firepower than a Cobra,Huey,or Blackhawk, 4x32 Unguided rockets,a nasty cannon beats all of them,but is also less armored,talk about a devil's chariot!

The Hokum and MiL-28 IMHO is also basically the Russian equivalent of the Apache. Basically,Russian helos are uglier than American helos,I wouldn't want to be below a Hind/Hokum.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Hahaha, that Mi-28 is absolutely disgusting! Sort of thing you don't want to see cruising around looking for a convoy to shoot up. Knowing Russian hardware it's probably (a) completely stone age (b) incredibly tough and (c) gets the job done.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
To all who post pictures: please, if you can, provide a link to where you found the pic. This is because I set up this topic not only to get some Eurocopter Tiger pics, but also to find a new avatar.
Also, it would be good if those pics were no larger than 160w x 320h.

[edit on 17-3-2005 by AtheiX]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join