It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange won’t face charges over role in devastating CIA leak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Assange won't face charges over role in devastating CIA leak

Not sure the extreme validity of this article, but it was a breaking thing, figured I would post it...

The Justice Department has decided not to charge Julian Assange for his role in exposing some of the CIA’s most secret spying tools, according to a U.S. official and two other people familiar with the case.

It’s a move that has surprised national security experts and some former officials, given prosecutors’ recent decision to aggressively go after the WikiLeaks founder on more controversial Espionage Act charges that some legal experts said would not hold up in court. The decision also means that Assange will not face punishment for publishing one of the CIA’s most potent arsenals of digital code used to hack devices, dubbed Vault 7. The leak — one of the most devastating in CIA history — not only essentially rendered those tools useless for the CIA, it gave foreign spies and rogue hackers access to them.

Wow, if this truly legit, it is pretty heavy news. It seems to be legit too..

In my heart I hope it is true, because I think a lot of what has happened to Julian is a bit over the top, and pushed "boundaries"..just my opinion though.

Not sure if this means he is STILL facing a slew of other charges or not..

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:39 PM
link   
The agency doesn't want certain information to become public due to the legal process.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Yes, that is what is said or reckons why the charges have been dropped.. Can't take it to court because the "evidence" from both sides would expose all kinds of skeletons in the closet.

This makes me even more concerned for Assange's well being. Will they "knock him off" in the hospital or something like that? Or have a crazy inmate in the jail take him out?

What a weird turn of events eh?

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

So his dead man switch threat worked?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is only about the software tools that got released. My understanding is that other charges are still in play.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
So, does the mean they going to execute him?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:31 PM
link   
It means Assange gave the DOJ something very important in exchange.
It's called bargaining.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The agency doesn't want certain information to become public due to the legal process.

Exactly. Perhaps it’s Gary McKinnon part 2.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I can't quite swallow the Assange story.
Especially after the latest "arrest" where his hands were free, holding up a book cover with the cops struggling at the same time, which looked like obvious theatrics. Plus Wikileaks would be a grease spot if it wasn't a psyop.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Hi roadgravel, I was afraid of that.... drop one charge out of 17 or so was it??

Still probably looking at life on some of those 17... argghh.

When it was war crimes he exposed... My thoughts are with the famous gunship chopper, blasting the reporters, and several other locals.... Well, I say that was good reporting, and needed reporting; to help STOP that kind of "illegal warfare" going on.

Anyone could tell, it was TV equipment those dudes were carrying....I would think the chopper pilot should've seen the difference as well. If he could not tell the difference, he shouldn't be a chopper pilot due to extremely poor vision problems.

I think because it was embarrassing for the USA, is the main reason they went after the whistleblowers so earnestly. Besides all the stuff being classified.

All this was happening when the government was asking for people to blow the whistle if bad things were going on too.

Would like to see him make it back home someday to rest and have a life.

Everybody in the DOJ seems to be missing the fact that IF the bad things weren't going on, these "leaks" never would've happened.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: pravdaseeker

So his dead man switch threat worked?

I have read such claims of the dead mans's switch, and from what I could gather, it was more of an insurance policy on stories before they were finished. I couldn't find anything that definitively laid out the conditions of information being leaked that could be considered damning.

new topics

top topics

join