It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why You Should Never Believe The Global Warming Hoax And Alarmism

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: Lumenari

Notice something?
source

Yea... I noticed that the warmest year in the last 100 years was in 1930 and it is nowhere on that chart.

Guess you didn't notice that?

" Climatologists have criticized the attention that the popular press gives to "warmest year" statistics; for example, Gavin Schmidt stated ' the long-term trends or the expected sequence of records are far more important than whether any single year is a record or not'[15] Of the 2015 and 2016 records, Schmidt stated that the 2014–16 El Niño event was "a factor ... but both 2015 and 2016 would have been records even without it.'"

One year anomalies are far less important than
large-scale trends. If an argument depends upon cherry-picking small select data points while ignoring a larger trend, then it is not a valid argument and you are being mislead.

Guess you werent smart enough to know that?
Cheers.

If we are going to go by longer trends then we are in a perfectly normal global cycle.

NASA was the one that is cherry-picking numbers.

However, you are one of those "97% Consensus" zealots so not a lot I am going to say is going to matter too much to you.

That's OK... here in America we have freedom of religion.

So if you are Christian, Pastafarian, believe Odin is "your guy" or if you believe in AGW, it's all the same to me.

Just don't expect me to think you are the smarter one for believing in it.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: chr0naut

You didn't do glacial isostatic adjustment. Here I'll do it for you.

The sea level numbers are adjusted because the former "pressure" on the land pushing it down into the sea from glaciers is no longer there. IOW the glacial isostatic adjustment is where sea levels would have been if the ice hadn't melted, yet, via some other source water was added to the sea. Of course this is asinine as those glaciers are where the extra water for rising sea levels comes from.

This adjustment is currently ongoing (and most of our "sea level rise" can be attributed to it). Here's what NOAA says about it:

Even though the ice retreated long ago, North America is still rising where the massive layers of ice pushed it down.

This of course extends beyond north america.

So, adjusting for the weight of ice during the last glacial period, the Younger Dryas 11,700 years ago is particularly invalid

You don't seem to agree with NOAA?

when sea level rise is currently averaging 3.3 millimeters per year.

They're nowhere near 3mm per year. The most I've ever seen claimed (by a legitimate scientific study) is ~1.5mm and many put it more around 0.5mm.

Sea levels are rising because of global warming. The de-glaciation is happening because of global warming. The ice ages have been over for tens of thousands of years and the remaining glaciers are comparatively small. Definitely the isostatic adjustment is insufficient to keep up with sea level rise. Remember also the water weighs the same regardless of if it is ice or liquid. Liquid water exists in lakes, rivers and all around the continental shelf edges. Isostatic uplift is tiny.

And the rate sea level rise has been increasing for decades. It follows a slightly logarithmic curve, not a straight line, and the rate is rising over time. Currently it stands at about 3.3 mm per year. It isn't hard to find the data.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Even if we assume all the alarmists are spot on. None of their solutions are actual fixes for the problem. All they will do is make a select few people richer and make everyone else poorer and more miserable all while making negligible difference to solve anything.

Which is my issue. Why can nobody who believes in this not see that the people in charge of their movement are taking them for a ride. All they want is money but they aren't offering real solutions.

I fully agree Big Oil are corrupt money hungry bastards, problem is, so are the leaders on the other side.

I want solutions not robbery. Give me solutions or shut up. I'm not going to agree to being robbed so some solutionless bastards can get fatter wallets at everyone elses expense while the earth likely gets worse and they ask for more.
edit on 6/4/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   

You've provided zero new information.

Here's all that matters. The prediction was 900mm of sea level rise in the 11 years from 1989 to 2000. The actual rise over 30 years (from 1989 to 2019) is ~100mm. That's science. That's the observed path. The rest is alamism.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The oceans of this planet were near boiling temperatures during the early Cambrian period.
Guess what happened?
Life.
In my humble opinion...these global-warming fear-mongers seem to be a bunch of turd-heads.
Life will continue for a very long time on this planet.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The oceans of this planet were near boiling temperatures during the early Cambrian period.
Guess what happened?
Life.
In my humble opinion...these global-warming fear-mongers seem to be a bunch of turd-heads.
Life will continue for a very long time on this planet.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
😂

The temperature has been rising and falling with a pattern for millions of years, we have icecorn samples dating back over 400,000 years

Guess what I noticed

Your chart doesn’t even cover a blink of an eye, it’s misleading, probably also skewed like nasa admitted to doing with other climate charts

Unbelievable, you did really well translating what the MSM taught you 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
😂

The temperature has been rising and falling with a pattern for millions of years, we have icecorn samples dating back over 400,000 years

Guess what I noticed

Your chart doesn’t even cover a blink of an eye, it’s misleading, probably also skewed like nasa admitted to doing with other climate charts

Unbelievable, you did really well translating what the MSM taught you 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

I'm glad we're warming. It may be our only hope in staving off the next glacial period. Which is probably not good, but I'm being selfish. I don't expect to be among the lucky ones in a glacial period, and while I have good hearty northern blood, I prefer seasonality.

Let's warm this # up!

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Quite frankly, anyone who believes global warming is a hoax utter lacks awareness. It's obvious the Earth is heating up and obvious that mankind is negatively impacting the environment. Period.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tabularosa

So no middle ground? You sound just like Bernie.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Carbon taxes are straight out of the mafia shakedown playbook and it's being perpetrated by bankers and financiers. Just one more source for them to exploit the masses.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Although i think the impact of humans on the global climate is sensationalised it can't be good for our planet to be dumping toxins into the atmosphere.

Even if it has no lasting effect on the planet i'd rather my children didn't breathe in all the crap we currently pump into the air but is there really an alternative?

War or disease will kill majority of our species long before pollutants kill the planet.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Dfairlite

You didn't do glacial isostatic adjustment. Here I'll do it for you.

The sea level numbers are adjusted because the former "pressure" on the land pushing it down into the sea from glaciers is no longer there. IOW the glacial isostatic adjustment is where sea levels would have been if the ice hadn't melted, yet, via some other source water was added to the sea. Of course this is asinine as those glaciers are where the extra water for rising sea levels comes from.

This adjustment is currently ongoing (and most of our "sea level rise" can be attributed to it). Here's what NOAA says about it:

Even though the ice retreated long ago, North America is still rising where the massive layers of ice pushed it down.

This of course extends beyond north america.

So, adjusting for the weight of ice during the last glacial period, the Younger Dryas 11,700 years ago is particularly invalid

You don't seem to agree with NOAA?

when sea level rise is currently averaging 3.3 millimeters per year.

They're nowhere near 3mm per year. The most I've ever seen claimed (by a legitimate scientific study) is ~1.5mm and many put it more around 0.5mm.

The ice ages have been over for tens of thousands of years and the remaining glaciers are comparatively small.

This is incorrect. We're currently in an interglacial period, but it's a common misconception that interglacials happen between ice ages. They actually happen during ice ages, such as the one we're currently in, called the Quaternary Ice Age:

An interglacial period (or alternatively interglacial, interglaciation) is a geological interval of warmer global average temperature lasting thousands of years that separates consecutive glacial periods within an ice age.

Although geologists describe the entire time period as an "ice age", in popular culture the term "ice age" is usually associated with just the most recent glacial period.[4] Since earth still has ice sheets, geologists consider the Quaternary glaciation to be ongoing, with earth now experiencing an interglacial period.

Even if you are just talking about the time since the beginning of the interglacial, that would be about 10,000 years, not "tens of thousands of years" ago. So not only is it incorrect to say the ice ages have been over for that long, the most recent glacial period isn't even over for that long. Also, 10,000 years is an eyeblink in geological time. The planet naturally warms during interglacials. How much man is contributing is disputed.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Changes are slow and gradual. Did you expect New York to be under water in 20 or 30 years?

Arctic Ice minimum is going away at 12% per decade. Steady and gradually, it is happening. By the time many finally take off the blinders of "Omg taking our freedoms away!" - it will be too late.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
Arctic Ice minimum is going away at 12% per decade. Steady and gradually, it is happening. By the time many finally take off the blinders of "Omg taking our freedoms away!" - it will be too late.

It's already too late, according to Al Gore. In 2006, he said this:

And politicians and corporations have been ignoring the issue for decades, to the point that unless drastic measures to reduce greenhouse gases are taken within the next 10 years, the world will reach a point of no return, Gore said.

CBS News

It can't be stopped now, it was too late 3 years ago. Or was he lying?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

Do you need to insult people on every post you make on this forum?

Seems everyone on here is ignorant and arrogant apart from the all knowing Maroboduus.

We can all read studies but for every argument there is a counter-argument. It's not your decision to tell people what to think even if you believe you are somehow superior to us mere mortals.

Mods really need to have a look at this guys posting history, he's either a troll or just a really unpleasant, confrontational, waste of breath.

The planet and it's weather and climate are far more complex than our limited models and studies are able to define or predict.

Fear-mongering and doom-saying keep a lot of these scientists in a job and at the end of the day with such a complex subject at best they are making estimates with limited data sets. Human beings aren't able to accurately predict the future, if you think some geologists and climatologists have this gift then i'm afraid it is you exhibiting ignorance.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grenade
a reply to: Maroboduus

Do you need to insult people on every post you make on this forum?

Seems everyone on here is ignorant and arrogant apart from the all knowing Maroboduus.

We can all read studies but for every argument there is a counter-argument. It's not your decision to tell people what to think even if you believe you are somehow superior to us mere mortals.

Mods really need to have a look at this guys posting history, he's either a troll or just a really unpleasant, confrontational, waste of breath.

The planet and it's weather and climate are far more complex than our limited models and studies are able to define or predict.

Fear-mongering and doom-saying keep a lot of these scientists in a job and at the end of the day with such a complex subject at best they are making estimates with limited data sets. Human beings aren't able to accurately predict the future, if you think some geologists and climatologists have this gift then i'm afraid it is you exhibiting ignorance.

He's a devout AGW believer. It's a cult. Their beliefs cannot be questioned.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I have no problem with him being passionate about his beliefs.

What i do take issue with is the incessant and inconsiderate manner in which he personally attacks anyone who doesn't prescribe to his view of the world. There's no need to constantly insult people just because they don't agree with everything you say.

It's a discussion forum, not a place to vent your disdain for other peoples opinions.

Never seen such self righteous arrogance in my 15 years on here.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

These people are stupid

Noel J. Brown?
Not too shabby for a stupid person with the age of 82. How is that guy not literally improving peoples freedom with test-driving (?) lifts for old people like you?

But it's worse: he has a point, still.

Even by the standards of the dire predictions given in climate studies, this one’s extreme: civilization itself could be past the point of no return by 2050.

That’s the conclusion from Australian climate think tank Breakthrough National Centre for Climate Restoration, which released a report (pdf) May 30 claiming that unless humanity takes drastic and immediate action to stop the climate crisis, a combination of food production instability, water shortages, and extreme weather could result in a complete societal breakdown worldwide.

“We must act collectively,” retired Australian Admiral Chris Barrie writes in the foreword to the new study. “We need strong, determined leadership in government, in business and in our communities to ensure a sustainable future for humankind.”

Climate Change Threatens Societal Collapse Within Decades: Report

These people are stupid and they play on your being uninformed to try to get you to give up your freedom.

Right back at ya, I like the argumentum ad hominem at play there. Latin goes down like hemp-oil, doesn't it?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join