It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Tipped Minimum Wage of $2.13 is Indentured Servitude?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: Edumakated

lol me put the Kools Aid down?!?!

A) my next post was a link that showed science 1995 CEO pay has gone up 300% while worker pay rose 4.3...

Those are percents.. and in a perfect world would stay the same..

B) the chart handles over years..

No, those percents would not stay the same because we don't live in a perfect world. All workers are NOT equal. My wife's income and mine have gone up 800% since 1995...

The CEO of Wal-Mart is going to have a different ratio than the CEO of Goldman Sachs. Wal-Mart has a bunch of low paid retail cashiers.... Even admins at Goldman are making around $100k. The ratio is MEANINGLESS without context.

Get off the evil CEO meme and replace it with actors or athletes.

Will Smith makes $20 million a film. How much do you think the production assistant on his films is making? the grip? Should LeBron James income be capped because the guy flinging hotdogs in the stands is making minimum wage?

The whole CEO argument is asinine anyway. Walmart employs 1.5 million people in the United States. Their CEO makes $24M. If you cut his pay to $100K a year and redistributed the rest to the employees equally, they'd get a raise of a whopping $16 a year. And I rounded it up. Nobody ever said progressives were good at math though.
edit on 5 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Are you still doing the same job title??

No...

Of course it went up more than 4.3%..

I bet that an entry level cook position at McDonald’s only got a 4.3% raise..

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

None of your post was relevant...

If the CEO pay rose X percent in ten years, then entry level should have the same percentage..

Not the same raise, since the ceo base started higher..

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

If the CEO pay rose X percent in ten years, then entry level should have the same percentage..

"Your post full of facts I can't refute isn't relevant."

Funny.

Listen, I realize that math is scary for you guys. There's some big numbers in it. You can't just call it racist or something to deflect from it. But do yourself a favor, get an adult to help you and you can check it yourself. The CEO pay could've risen 0% and you could've taken all the money you were gonna give the CEO and give it to the employees instead and their pay would've gone up a few dollars a year. That's very relevant when people are arguing that it's "not fair" the CEO's pay went up so much. There's 1.5 million employees and one CEO. That's why employee pay can't increase 300%. This isn't hard to understand. You can make the CEO work for free and they still won't be able to pay the rest of the employees $15 an hour.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

What's not relevant is the CEO pay. You guys always do this. You get distracted worrying about # that doesn't matter instead of focusing on real issues. So now you'll spend the next 5 or 10 years "raising awareness" with demonstrations, trashing cities, hashtag campaigns and other assorted nonsense until you get enough congressmen scared to pass some bill about capping CEO pay. Then his pay will get cut and redistributed to the workers and they'll make an extra $1.30 a month. Way to go!

Meanwhile, you could've been working on something that matters. Stop being so gullible.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join