It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiocracy is a "documentary" ATTN!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut
Whose responses are more likely to be ignorance?

The aforementioned mule's.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Whose responses are more likely to be ignorance?

The aforementioned mule's.

Sources?

You gotta loosen your cowl, it's constricting blood flow.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sources?

I can probably do what you've been doing and find others who share my opinion and present those shared opinions as sources, but that's either disingenuous or displaying that you struggle to differentiate facts from opinions, so I won't be doing that. This entire discussion is one of perspective and opinions, from both sides, including those *ahem* "sourced,"

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Sources?

I can probably do what you've been doing and find others who share my opinion and present those shared opinions as sources, but that's either disingenuous or displaying that you struggle to differentiate facts from opinions, so I won't be doing that. This entire discussion is one of perspective and opinions, from both sides, including those *ahem* "sourced,"

So, no sources.

... and you expect to convince a cynic like me?

You seem to be missing the point of such debate. We are trying to expose the truth and deny ignorance. Sometimes it involves taking an adversarial position.

edit on 7/6/2019 by chr0naut because: and, oops, I accidentally cross posted an answer referring to a different thread. I have altered my response now.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I quit worrying about your delusions a while back. I can only assume you're trying to convince yourself of something, because your attempts to mischaracterize and deflect are completely lost on me.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, by all means keep arguing with yourself. You might win eventually.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Their credential is impeccable.

The DOJ? "Impeccable?"

OK, now I'm looking around for the hidden cameras... I'm sure Alan Fundt is going to jump out and tell me I've just been pranked with that comment.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Their credential is impeccable.

The DOJ? "Impeccable?"

OK, now I'm looking around for the hidden cameras... I'm sure Alan Fundt is going to jump out and tell me I've just been pranked with that comment.

Well, yes, they are under the executive branch. I suppose if they are not acting with honesty and truthfulness, the accountability for that goes back to the top.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I quit worrying about your delusions a while back. I can only assume you're trying to convince yourself of something, because your attempts to mischaracterize and deflect are completely lost on me.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, by all means keep arguing with yourself. You might win eventually.

TheRedneck

I have won, you are now entirely responding with ad hominem, for the last few of your posts.

You have dropped the topic entirely.

edit on 7/6/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

They're so impeccable, you just edited your shoutback to them out of the post I quoted it from...

And, for the record, the DOJ has been largely constrained by Congress for the past 3 years... at least prior to Sessions finally resigning. They literally threatened the Executive Branch with obstruction of justice had the office taken any steps to actually assemble a DOJ that acted with accountability.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Hahaha, yeah, OK, you win.

The prize is continued delusion. Enjoy!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

They're so impeccable, you just edited your shoutback to them out of the post I quoted it from...

And, for the record, the DOJ has been largely constrained by Congress for the past 3 years... at least prior to Sessions finally resigning. They literally threatened the Executive Branch with obstruction of justice had the office taken any steps to actually assemble a DOJ that acted with accountability.

So, it started under Obama? Hardly. It is based in the Constitution.

Separation of powers, Checks and Balances From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Congressional oversight From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In July 1776, during the American Revolutionary War, the Thirteen Colonies, acting jointly through the Second Continental Congress, declared themselves to be 13 independent sovereign states, no longer under British rule. Congress existed before there was a Presidency.

In 1781, five years later, Congress appointed a President to preside over its deliberation as a neutral discussion moderator.

It wasn't until 1787 that the current Presidential office was created by Congress, compliant with the Constitution, and George Washington was elected in 1789.

The assumption that the Executive should have power over Congress is anti-Constitutional and un-American. The American system is a balance of the Executive, the Legislative and the Judiciary.

The Executive branch is accountable to Congress and ever should be so.

edit on 7/6/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Absolutely! I agree 100% with you, then. The DOJ's lack of impeccability, their lack of truthfulness, and their dishonesty goes all the way to the top... straight to the Dems in Congress who hold power and oversight over the Executive Branch. You said it, I agree, we stand in agreement, huzzah!

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Absolutely! I agree 100% with you, then. The DOJ's lack of impeccability, their lack of truthfulness, and their dishonesty goes all the way to the top... straight to the Dems in Congress who hold power and oversight over the Executive Branch. You said it, I agree, we stand in agreement, huzzah!

Cheers

However, the DOJ's boss is the President, as they are under the executive branch. The president is their leader and should stand in the gap as their representative before both Congress and the Judiciary.

President Truman once had a small wood and glass sign on his desk that said "The buck stops here"

If only later Presidents would take that responsibility for their charges.

edit on 8/6/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:20 AM
link   

lulz the cringe overfloweth.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Wow, best post in years! Dude, read the Constitution. It created all three co-equal branches.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I give up. There isn't enough beer at the local stores.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

I got a full stock of PBR... thank goodness!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Wow, best post in years! Dude, read the Constitution. It created all three co-equal branches.

TheRedneck

But they don't just sit isolated in their co-equalness. The have powers over each other to keep each other in check.

When you see the Congress issues a subpoena for evidence to the DOJ, that is the Constitution operating to balance the branches.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Dude, just stop...

TheRedneck

<< 5  6  7   >>

join