It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idiocracy is a "documentary" ATTN!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: olaru12

a reply to: olaru12

What did the Democrat's record on Civil Rights votes look like before LBJ enacted his Northern Strategy?

It was terrible!! I'm curious as to why the GOP picked up the Southern strategy appealing to racism against African Americans. en.wikipedia.org...

Votes... same reason the Dems have pandered the everloving hell out of the African Americans while following policies intended to keep them down and dependent on the handouts they will always vote for.

Interesting strategies on both sides...

Republicans still trying to appeal to racist whites, and dembs pandering to minorities. I don't belong to either of those parties. I am however employed by the GOP during elections helping make campaign spots and commercials; looking forward to 20!!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Republicans still trying to appeal to racist whites

There is a significant difference between refusing to grant legitimacy to a false narrative drummed up by your opposition and "appealing to racists." Somewhere along the line in the past couple of decades, a very select, very agenda driven, very biased few have been granted the power by the media to define "racism" and God help anyone who dares disagree with that definition, because they'll instantly be called "racists" whether there's any truth to the accusation or not. You seem to be supporting the enabling of those select few by pushing the narrative you just pushed.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: chr0naut

Thinking about running for office is not the same thing as running for office. lol.

Nice try though.

Trump did more than think about running for President in 2000.

Trump 2000 campaign photo

Donald Trump 2000 presidential campaign From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He actually did run for President and won both primaries but withdrew from the campaign when polls put him way behind George W. Bush (Trump only had 7% support) and it was clear he didn't have a chance.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Yep, Trump once ran for President via a third party. Didn't win.

Let's compare that to a couple of his potential opponents, shall we?

Joe Biden served as Delaware Senator from 1973 to 2009, and as Vice president from 2009 to 2017. 44 continuous years in politics.

Bernie Sanders was a Vermont Representative from 1991 to 2007, and a Vermont Senator until present, for a continuous total of 28 years.

Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren was an official advisor to Representative Mike Synar from 1995 to 2005, and a member of the FDIC Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion from 2006 to 2010, 15 continuous years. After a few years out of public service, she became a Massachusetts Senator in 2013 and still serves, a continuous time span of 6 years. 21 years total.

Donald Trump ran for President in 2000.

Wow, what a "career politician" Trump is!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Racism and brute force, overpowering, all reaching government...if those two ideas don't encapsulate the farther left wing movements out there, I'll eat my hat.

Are there any further left movements than Communism? Not that I know of.

Why are Communists so anti racist? - Yahoo! Answers

Can a communist be a racist? - Quora

The Communist Movement and the Struggle Against Racism - Marxists.org

Nazism was an overpowering all reaching government and it is ultra right-wing.

Again, take a look at the "Unite the Right" rallies to see on which side of the fence the Alt-Right movement sits.

The Alt-Right are ethical degenerates and a threat to Constitutional America.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Thinking about running for office is not the same thing as running for office. lol.

Nice try though.

He actually did run for President and won both primaries but withdrew from the campaign when polls put him way behind George W. Bush (Trump only had 7% support) and it was clear he didn't have a chance.

Which makes me bring up, once again, running for the office of a politician and winning the office are two entirely different things. I hate circular logic. It's so odd to me. I am actually arguing about how Trump does not have political experience, but somehow you will argue that he has more political knowledge and knowhow than anyone in office right now.
I tell you what. I will let you win this argument, because you are actually admitting that he has enough experience to be more than capable for his job.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   
THIS is how stupid the left is. . . . .

They say that raising taxes (tariffs) on manufacturers will impact the middle class because the business owners will adjust the cost/price to affect us.

THEN they say that raising taxes on business owners will not impact the consumer because it's the left raising taxes.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Yep, Trump once ran for President via a third party. Didn't win.

Let's compare that to a couple of his potential opponents, shall we?

Joe Biden served as Delaware Senator from 1973 to 2009, and as Vice president from 2009 to 2017. 44 continuous years in politics.

Bernie Sanders was a Vermont Representative from 1991 to 2007, and a Vermont Senator until present, for a continuous total of 28 years.

Elizabeth "Pocahontas" Warren was an official advisor to Representative Mike Synar from 1995 to 2005, and a member of the FDIC Advisory Committee on Economic Inclusion from 2006 to 2010, 15 continuous years. After a few years out of public service, she became a Massachusetts Senator in 2013 and still serves, a continuous time span of 6 years. 21 years total.

Donald Trump ran for President in 2000.

Wow, what a "career politician" Trump is!

TheRedneck

He has been involved in politics, aiming at the top job, for more than 18 years. The claim that he had no political involvement prior to his latest Presidential run is just BS.

Of course he hasn't been a "career politician" prior to his election, but it was not for the want of trying.

No-one is arguing that some other politicians haven't served for a bit before running for office. That is a non excuse.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Nice try though.

Which makes me bring up, once again, running for the office of a politician and winning the office are two entirely different things. I hate circular logic. It's so odd to me. I am actually arguing about how Trump does not have political experience, but somehow you will argue that he has more political knowledge and knowhow than anyone in office right now.
I tell you what. I will let you win this argument, because you are actually admitting that he has enough experience to be more than capable for his job.

I'm only arguing against the untrue and manufactured image.

I think that Trump has a lot of (unsuccessful) political experience.

Kudos to him for getting back up each time he got knocked down.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Nice try though.

And this is the first Political Leadership experience he has had.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

Oh wow you started a meme. You should be proud. But not to proud, I think I may have started a few hundred that I don't even care to know about.

But the truth is, both and overabundance and truths in either government and rich people will lead to the same place. That hole in the ground were the blind always seem to fall.

Trusting on one or the other is silly, its like the people who think there is only one way or one road to get to any particular place. Or the people who think and still argue about what type of energy is best, coal, electricity, oil and gas, solar or nuclear?

The truth is, the answer is, all of the above. Most especially on any longer timeline then 4 years that you all like to go by.

But besides any of that. The only real truth in all of this is that Idiocracy was a pretty dam good movie that would make a pretty dam good documentary.

All in that movie was pretty spot on, all except for one important fact. There is not way in hell a population that stupid even if they are living in a very complicated button pushing society would survive till the year 2505.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Nice try though.

And this is the first Political Leadership experience he has had.

Oh, like AOC.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Truth is, this entire OP is BS.

Must be Monday.

Truth is , if you cant see it, youre "it"

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

no 3, 6, 9 or even 10 years ago this was absolutely the problem

it is not the problem anymore, it is firmly sitting on the left

Yall plum done lost your damn minds
edit on 5-6-2019 by SailorJerry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 04:17 AM
link   
A small sample of threads discussing how long we've been living in an Idiocracy

Idiocracy Was A Documentary Not A Movie!
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Roadmap to Idiocracy

When will the movie idiocracy become a historical document?

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

a reply to: olaru12

What did the Democrat's record on Civil Rights votes look like before LBJ enacted his Northern Strategy?

It was terrible!! I'm curious as to why the GOP picked up the Southern strategy appealing to racism against African Americans. en.wikipedia.org...

Votes... same reason the Dems have pandered the everloving hell out of the African Americans while following policies intended to keep them down and dependent on the handouts they will always vote for.

Interesting strategies on both sides...

Republicans still trying to appeal to racist whites, and dembs pandering to minorities. I don't belong to either of those parties. I am however employed by the GOP during elections helping make campaign spots and commercials; looking forward to 20!!

as a Native Hawaiian , military serving man

Im seriously sick of your bullsnip

You throw racial bs and every single type of minority crap you can into every post you make AND YOUR AS WHITE, It pisses those of us of color off

Youre white, youre a white bearded dude in the movie industry that plays a very minor role in every thing you do, but you act like your opinion of racial issues is suppose to be taken above all others, because your ego says so.....because MOVIES

You sit here and you try to prop yourself up over everyone like youre someone damned important , and on top of it you play that fking racial bs.

SIT DOWN, none of us asked you to speak for us, none of us asked you to say a damn word for us.

Youre a nobody, that wants to be a somebody, that talks down to everyone else.

Your race baiting bullsnip aint worth a got damn thing.

Stop trying to speak for us, and go back to spinning your cameras directed by people like me, Hell no one would even know my racial affiliation or anything else if it werent for finally having to out myself to SHUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU UP!

STOP PUTTING RACE WHERE IT DOESNT BELONG.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: SailorJerry

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

no 3, 6, 9 or even 10 years ago this was absolutely the problem

it is not the problem anymore, it is firmly sitting on the left

Yall plum done lost your damn minds

Well, I'm with neither the left or the right. As for the "we've lost our minds", I'm not with "them", also, losing my mind would look like the comment above this one, lol.

But back to the trends you were talking about 3, 6, 9 or 10 years ago.... I'll tell you what I see. The left had Obama, an establishment tool no different than those that sat in the chair before him. The left believed the right was done because of the fashion in which they won. They got cocky, and allowed the other side to pull a hail Mary.

I see the exact same things happening on the right now.

The two aren't that different man. There are a few things on both sides that can look appealing, but at the end of the day their behavior holds the country back.
edit on 5-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

He has been involved in politics, aiming at the top job, for more than 18 years. The claim that he had no political involvement prior to his latest Presidential run is just BS.

One failed campaign does not 18 continuous years make. That's your BS.

Of course he hasn't been a "career politician" prior to his election, but it was not for the want of trying.

So wanting to do something is now the same as doing it?

No-one is arguing that some other politicians haven't served for a bit before running for office. That is a non excuse.

You seemed to be. Maybe you could phrase your arguments a bit clearer?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I see the exact same things happening on the right now.

See, that's the thing I was warning about back in 2016.

We need the right to keep a check on the left. We need the left to keep a check on the right. As long as they stay on each others' necks, we the people can see what they're doing because the other side will tell us. But we don't have that now. What we have is the left going absolutely insane to the point of no one taking them seriously any more. That means the right can get away with things. In a few years, it will be the right who have gone completely insane and is not being taken seriously, and the left that can get away with stuff.

Both sides are made up of (mostly greedy, selfish, corrupt) people. Both sides want the same thing: power. It doesn't matter, if the killing fields are on the other side of the mountain, if one goes left around that mountain or right around that mountain; they still get where they didn't want to be. Right now, though, the left is driving people around the right side of the mountain.

And maybe that's the plan after all. They've tried the carrot, now it's time to use the stick.

Really, our only hope is that Trump is as moderate as he seems to be so far. Otherwise, we're heading for the other side of the mountain.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Excellent Op! Consuming it was delicious and I loved the fiery language, added a nice spice to the overall flavor.

I have to say that when I first saw Idiocracy, I too laughed and just carried on, but somewhere in the back of my mind, even back then before I was into politics, I wondered if that could really happen to America in some regard?

I think the biggest issue with America that we are currently faced with is an,

"Identity Crisis"

We're so concerned with so many things that we're too split on a single term for what it means to be an American. How can so many radical ideas from both sides of the spectrum, capture the full American? What are we?

Because as Bill Barr puts it, "We live in a crazy hyper partisan age. They only care about who it helps, who benefits, whether my side benefits or the other side benefits, everything is gauged by politics." (Barr et al).
The ignorance is pervasive, but this stems from our education system and quite frankly, money. If one of those things are neglected, the infrastructure cracks. You see the social system is fragile and immediatly poverty seeps in and with proverty brings crime and crime keeps people down, the system further deteriorates. After some time, it's just a way of life, something new to adapt and instead of bettering yoursevles, you're too busy trying to stay afloat.
This is what I see when it comes to Dem controlled cities. Now that is not to say that every city, either party controlled, doesn't have thier West and East sides, but I think we you all know what we mean.

However, even educated and certified people can be extremely ignorant.

BEING EDUCATED DOESN'T PRECLUDE YOU FROM BEING IGNORANT.

As a media based society, we need to start there and push onward locally with a framework that instills education and common sense logic. It explores both the science and social processes of today's world and human societies. IT NEEDS TO INCLUDE SOME FORM OF NATIONALISM as it is your country that you are working for.

Some global harmony type folk are going to balk at that last part, let me tell you something, until the human race learns to temper their emotions and reduced our violent and greedy tendencies, we'll never be that global culture that encompasses all the qualities of an advance and enlightened race. We have a long ways to go.

In the meantime, lets take care of our own and ensure that the next generation of Americans learn from our mistakes.

edit on 5-6-2019 by Arnie123 because: important part left out.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join