It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awareness to consciousness

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Been doing some meditating, hard to not hear like a high pitched white noise that puts me off a lot.
What kind of meditation do you do, any tips?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

I guess transcendental meditation is the closest type of meditation that what I do resembles, but I really don't have a problem getting to the void/darkness and staying there awhile.

ca.tm.org...

No concentrating No control of the mind No monitoring of thoughts (mindfulness) No trying to “empty the mind”

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
God makes conscious of deceptions. If only you were aware you would know you are a being.
edit on 26-6-2019 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Looking at our awareness to consciousness we would say we are top-dogs of consciousness we are most aware! however we are not even sure of plant consciousness, earth consciousness or event planet consciousness.

You assume consciousness is derived from the mind. I don't think it is. I think our mind keeps us from the now by continually bombarding our consciousness with past and future potentials. The animal kingdom is far more consciousness than us humans. They are not dreaming their life away.

If you continually ask your consciousnesses where I am now. You will most likely find that you are either thinking of past experiences or future dreams. Rarely does it stay in the now for any length of time. Meditation helps.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

can you still sense any of your senses (breathing etc) in the void/darkness?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: glend

can you still sense any of your senses (breathing etc) in the void/darkness?

No, absolutely not because I am not attached to that physical part, but there is a golden umbilical cord attached, so perhaps my energy still feeds it.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I have problems (fear) letting go of my breathing which is last sensory I perceive. When I do get past it (only have done a few times) I could only do so, by telling myself, it's ok if I die. There's no umbilical in the void I visit, just black nothingness. But a large eye appeared once. Terrified me

Wish l could go there without fear. Perhaps it's something I just need to practice until it becomes normal.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I'm always getting confused with the terminology. Consciousness it that which we are aware of, that small part of the brain who reasons and figures out what we are seeing, feeling, hearing based on previous experience.

It's all handed to the conscious brain from the unconscious brain. Stuff gets filtered but it's the unfiltered brain that seems to be the bigger player.

I find it amazing that I can look at a tree for instance and my unconscious brain registers every single leaf but when I try to be conscious about what I saw I just get the general image of a tree.

Like with an idiot savant were the filter doesn't work. Some can paint every details of a city skyline after looking at for just a brief moment.

Great minds of the past knew that if they laid down there work and put their focus on something else (let the unconscious mind do the thinking) they would have an "aha erlebnis" and complex solutions would be handed to them.

Interesting stuff.

Peace
edit on 27-6-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: operation mindcrime

ETA: getting back on the terminology, English language allows for a difference in subconscious vs unconscious. In my language there isn't really a different word for both states so that's why I write unconscious where I ment to say subconscious...

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Yeah thanks for the post, we haven't even scratched the surface of the human brain and consciousness is basically a mystery, it's like for me anyway and I've thought how did we get to this stage, I feel will and imagination got us here, imagine an ape wants to do things it can't do, in order to do what it wants to do so it develops a bigger brain through the plants that the earth produces because if the conscious thought of the ape to will for things outwith it's current abilities. The plants build the brain in the structure to help the ape achieve its wish.
I feel our heads will grow and our brains will evolve further as we will to see "more"

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I'm still trying to get my head around all this stuff myself and to be honest most scientists are still scratching the surface.

The way I understand it our subconscious is this really cool quatum supercomputer (some estimates say processes about 400 billion bits of information per second and the impulses travel at a speed of up to 100,000 mph) with 5 basics inputs we are consciously aware of.

Our conscious mind is like a abacus trying to rationalise all the info it is being fed by our subconscious (which processes only about 2,000 bits of information per second and its impulses travel only at 100-150 mph)

Self awareness is the ultimate partytrick where we make ourselfs believe all these decisions and thoughts are made by the conscious mind.

I am more and more convinced that exactly this trick of the mind by creating a "thing" (the I) outside our subconscious mind which is misinformed abouts it's function is what is driving our expanding mind.

Lots of philosophies talk about letting go of the ego etc to get in touch with the real magic stuff and I guess from this perspective that would make sense because you would accept everything the subconscious is feeding the conscious mind without bias.

I could also understand that direct exposure to the subconscious would fry our conscious circuits...

I hope it kind of makes sense how I am trying to understand it.

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Yeah totally makes sense considering the subject matter is complicated to say the least.
I'm at the stage where I'm reading different esoteric books and trying to be more aware of the now and my thoughts, Chaos magic is a good one for taking a practical and scientific approach to making positive change, according to a directed will, through enhanced sensation.

I'm just dabbling along tbh.

edit on 27-6-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Consciousness is in relation to the moment in time you walk through, it flows from the heart and is one with God.

Be still and know God.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I love the dabbling and am happy to partake in it. I'm also investing a lot of time in focussing more on the here and now and getting more out of this "reality".

I am entertaining the thought that maybe this quantum computing going on in my brain isn't restricked to just my brain. If superposition comes into play maybe we are all tapping out of one collective subconscious which would incidentally explains why most have this notion that there is something like an afterlife...

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Consciousness is opposite to the need to control because of control, so what we are talking about here is freedom.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I am always very eager to learn and are very open to many viewpoints so if I may ask when you say "consciousness is opposite to the need to control" from where does this preceived "need" stem? Surely not the subconscious...

Peace

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I don't know, I was helping myself.

Consciousness is freedom and the result of salvation.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

I respect that...it's all one big guessing game anyway and if your perception tells you this is true who am I to question your reality.

Peace

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Sorry for the out of topic reply.
But as I've just signed in here I cannot send PM nor create any post.
I'm trying to get in touch with this guy called dominicus who's created this post many years ago www.abovetopsecret.com... or with anyone who somehow is in touch with anybody who knows some advanced technique, maybe related to building the 3 dan tiens in order to "attain" light body.
If someone is so kind to give me a useful answer please. Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 30-6-2019 by lookingforlightbody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: lookingforlightbody

Actually this is the post I was referring to:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-6-2019 by lookingforlightbody because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join