It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awareness to consciousness

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So lets imagine consciousness to be an omniscient field
of knowledge/chaos/information how much are we aware
of this field? are we as conscious as we think we are?
are we maximising our awareness to
experience consciousness at our full potential?....

asking myself these questions i think to the idea of what else
is plugged into this collective consciousness.
does the experience'r/thinker/creator make order from
chaos by how they think/feel.
would controlling/focusing while feeling your thinking increase your
awareness to perhaps bring a more balanced and elevated
sense of being...

Looking at our awareness to consciousness we would say we are top-dogs
of consciousness we are most aware!
however we are not even sure of plant consciousness,
earth consciousness or event planet consciousness.

so maybe we are just the dogs of consciousness
and the plants/earth/planets are the gods!
edit on 3-6-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

Are we really conscious or are we simply distracted by grounding and observation within a finite construct? What happens when you limit or refine what can be observed, like blinders on a carriage horse? Are you really conscious if you can only observe 10% of what is around you and only understand 2% of that?

Where and what are we really? Are we simply observing a simulation, or even more refined, a nested simulation?

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/3.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Here is a possible sound track for such musings.

While not refraining from tears may allow one to still see the sky,
much of these lyrics seem to still apply.

According to Wikipedia, the original demo was rather bleak. Some pessimistic lines were removed before the final recording.

edit on 3-6-2019 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

i dont like the word 'woke' but that dude is highly aware... great lyrics

many meanings, this line

"doctor, my eyes
cannot see the sky
is this the price
for having learned not to cry?

reminded me of the Jung quote of how a tree cant reach to heaven unless its roots have been to hell

and have my eyes been open to long, because he hasn't been looking within?

cool song

edit on 3-6-2019 by ManyMasks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Maybe why consciousness is so elusive is because maybe the source of our consciousness doesn't come from our brain but from reality. Maybe our minds are more like analog radio receivers than computers.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

yip i like that idea but then when your receiver is is dead are you a field of energy within all consciousness?

the knowledge of all lifetimes past through your DNA in a field of energy within consciousness. (the all is in the all)

or is it just oblivion?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

People who think they are not conscious are the only ones who are not conscious.

Whatever this is I am experiencing it sure feels real.

Of course I can't prove objective reality is finite. If only there were some experiments at the smallest possible scale of measurement that would show we do not live in a clockwork Universe. If only there was a way to prove matter at its smallest pieces was finite and deterministic. You can always brain wash yourself to think we do live in a clockwork Universe the same way flat-earther's do and we live in some kind of Truman show computer simulation reality. Some people think politicians from New Jersey are honest. Anything is possible!

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

People who think they are not conscious are the only ones who are not conscious.

Of course I can't prove objective reality is finite. If only there were some experiments at the smallest possible scale of measurement that would show we do not live in a clockwork Universe. If only there was a way to prove matter at its smallest pieces was finite and deterministic. You can always brain wash yourself to think we do live in a clockwork Universe the same way flat-earther's do and we live in some kind of Truman show computer simulation reality. Some people think politicians from New Jersey are honest. Anything is possible!

You can't prove any of this is real, just like I can't prove this is a construct. However, the highest probability is that it us a virtual reality construct. All your observations are subjective and therefore coloured by your own personal biases, as are mine and everyone else's.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Ever heard of the Spirit Molecule? Take a walk on the wild side with a shaman. You will never be the same....and you just might find the answers you seek.

www.newyorker.com...
edit on 3-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

psilocybin is local to me, I will have a heroic September

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: olaru12

psilocybin is local to me, I will have a heroic September

It's not quite the same. It's like the difference between riding a bycycle and driving a Formula 1.

yo sabe Hongos!!!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

You can't prove any of this is real, just like I can't prove this is a construct. However, the highest probability is that it us a virtual reality construct. All your observations are subjective and therefore coloured by your own personal biases, as are mine and everyone else's.
Dave

Yes, I can't prove we do not live in a "construct" in the same way I can't prove that at some point monkeys will fly out of your butt. I completely disagree with your opinion "the highest probability is that it us a virtual reality construct." No it isn't. You are ignoring the everything we know from quantum mechanics and the wave-like nature of reality. Reality is just as much analog as it is digital. Ignoring the analog nature of reality is just being delusional. The Earth is flat too if you believe it hard enough.

edit on 4-6-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:43 AM
link   
The question is how much can we really percieve. Simply put we know that there is light we cannot see and sound we cannot hear. What is to say there is not much more?
We simply may not have found it yet.

Besides what is consiousness? We say we are consious, so are animals, what about plants? Insects? Single celled orgarnisms? Where is the line? Why do we draw the line there?

No one can prove or disprove that reality exists for anyone other than themselves, and for anyone who has experienced even a bit of it there are no words to describe the experience

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kaleshwarfj

I agree. The limitations of human language create a natural bias to a particular point of view about reality. Of course it's a Matrix like construct because that is the only model human language will support.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Dave

Yes, I can't prove we do not live in a "construct" in the same way I can't prove that at some point monkeys will fly out of your butt. I completely disagree with your opinion "the highest probability is that it us a virtual reality construct." No it isn't. You are ignoring the everything we know from quantum mechanics and the wave-like nature of reality. Reality is just as much analog as it is digital. Ignoring the analog nature of reality is just being delusional. The Earth is flat too if you believe it hard enough.

This construct has every appearance of being digital. Can you say "plank length"? Btw, there is a non-zero probability that the earth is flat, meaning infinitely small, something like the probability of an intelligent statement not coloured by feewings coming out of a liberal.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Why does it have to be awareness to consciousness? Why can't it simply be a subjective spot in-between the two where we can just be who and what we are, in the moment, without all the noise?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Well maybe to the adept it can be whatever they will it to be...trying to name the indescribable is always going to be a thankless task.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well maybe to the adept it can be whatever they will it to be...trying to name the indescribable is always going to be a thankless task.

Some people here come close to describing it in such a way that is similar to my experiences. Not the same, just similar and to them, I thank you for trying.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Have you experienced the void, what's your most vivid memory of high strangeness... Or what you would call it.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Have you experienced the void, what's your most vivid memory of high strangeness... Or what you would call it.

There are different states of being, is that what you mean?

During deep meditation where I cleared my mind of all noise (or so I thought so) - I saw myself clinging onto a wooden raft on a raging river (the river of life?), so I calmed the river down and the raft made it to shore. I am always in control. Imagination or a message from the void/nothingness/one/all? The same with lucid dreaming or REM sleep, my consciousness seems to be forefront, therefore I am in control (or am I?).

Another deep meditation, but where the intent was to call forth my spirit guide and it came forth. Another time was in a group meditation with a shaman to call forth our spirit guides, and it and a witness both came forth. So here I have a repeated experience, with the second time being with around 10 other people all experiencing the same journey.

Out of body travel, with a golden cord still attached to me (my choice?) where I first spirited myself onto the tallest mountain on Earth then from there I ventured into space just above the Earth - there was a choice there, but I decided to return to where I came from. Again, I was in control.

High strangeness usually shows itself in the form of psychic episodes. It does seem that with this phenomenon I mostly have no control, or do I? Hard to say.

UFO craft sightings and contact with the Grays - high strangeness because I only have bits and pieces of memories of these experiences, but I am still looking for concrete evidence and so here I am.
edit on 16CDT11America/Chicago016111130 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join