It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We got blasted

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
On the subject of "controlled weather" I have to make this point. Last night we got hit by 5 thunderstorms (I live off of lake Erie) in a matter of 12 hours. The last one hit at 5:30 this morning and I have never seen such a powerful storm, 90 MPH wind sheer, funnel clouds everywhere, about 30 lightning strikes per minute, down pours and just nasty pressure. I understand the physics behind weather and I haven't heard one person be able to explain how we got hit by so many thunderstorms in one 12 hour period. And the weird thing is that in between each "round" it was calm and sunny.

Just thinking out loud I think

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
is that a shock to you?

you shoudl continue wasting environemental resources, build cars that burn more fuel, destroy last bits of natural habitat... carry on, dont let those things bother you

Who cares about 90mph today ... 190mph 10 years later...

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Storms are caused by warm fronts meeting cold fronts, it does not matter if the warm front is 90 degrees or 20 as long as an equal cold front meets it.

But thanks for the help!

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I read your post and wont make a stupid sarcastic remark like freeman.

He's already done it to one of my posts!

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
it doesnt #ing matter

one imballance in nature creates another

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Uhhh, I wasn't aware that pollution effects wind speed... or thunder storms for that matter. Tornado alley needs to kick it up a notch with the hydrogen engine i guess.

[Edited on 8-7-2003 by goregrinder]

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Just have nothing to enlightening to say so they just keep their motor mouths running I guess..........(Yes I am talking to you Freeman)

Anyways, It was strange, I have never seen the type of lightening nor the stunning amount of funnel clouds in my life and I have lived through tornado's before.

Really Strange, and we are getting another one by late afternoon that is going to be Stronger than the last one.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Did you notice anything out of the ordinary taking place in the sky between the "bouts" of rain? I have seen an extreme amount of chemtrail activity here in Va, and we've been hit with similar types of strange weather.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I hope your ready for more

A lot more

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
When the rain stopped it immediatly got sunny and nice outside. I did not notice anything unusual in the air, but I did smell something out of context with a normal rain shower.

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Whoa! What's up with freeman? Did you get much flooding?

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman
I hope your ready for more

A lot more

I guess ignorance is bliss

Yes, we had a lot of damage and flooding

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I know shining wizard. The power to my building was knocked out due to stuff taking out the power lines. It was kinda of funny when you see garbage cans roll down the street and slam into OTHER people's cars. Especially since mine wasn't hit.

But it was strange to me since storms rarely hit near me. Watch weather channel for the map and see strange stuff. A huge front coming, closer, closer, it gets here? It splits about fiftey miles wide, just wide enough to miss Toledo. Storm above, below, ahead, behind(once it passed it closed again) but none here.

top topics

join