It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis has been discovered?!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Doggerland is looking every day to be the real Atlantis. Geographical it fits the narrative by Egyptians. It sunk into the sea around 6500BC. Near enough 9.000 years ago ( Plato timeline). Was sunk by tsunami and sea level rises. 1000s of km of land just sunk under the ocean.

Discoveries by microbiologists and people who study this subject for government institutions are not claiming there were cities located there with tens of thousands of people.

If you looking for Atlantis or a place that fits the description, it was near located near Ireland and the UK.
edit on 17-6-2019 by Jesushere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesushere

If you looking for Atlantis or a place that fits the description, it was near located near Ireland and the UK.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jesushere
Doggerland is looking every day to be the real Atlantis. Geographical it fits the narrative by Egyptians. It sunk into the sea around 6500BC. Near enough 9.000 years ago ( Plato timeline). Was sunk by tsunami and sea level rises. 1000s of km of land just sunk under the ocean.

Only if Plato was writing it today. Otherwise it is out by 2500 years.

Skara Brae and similar sites (also out by thousands of years) are far more impressive though and nowhere else in Northern Europe seems to have been so advanced at such a stage. These sites pre date Stonehenge and the pyramids and, it could be argued, are actually far more impressive in their own way.

We also have evidence (via shrew bones) that people were making the journey from the area of what became Belgium directly going to the Outer Hebrides. The type of shrew bones recovered are not present anywhere in Britain, other than these islands. The next nearest place is Belgium. So you have to ask what made people travel directly from Belgium to the Outer Hebrides in the notoriously rough North Sea (one of the most treacherous bodies of water anywhere on the planet) in tiny, light craft held together with twines, before the pyramids were built?

No ones knows but i honestly believe that the person that comes up with the answer will have have gone a long way to answering some very important questions.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:55 PM
link   
31 miles from Eye. Abandon ruin. No signs of modern man. 20°56'14.86"N 11°55'0.80"W

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
At 21° 1'8.44"N 11°53'53.62"W , 27.5 miles from the eye is a road that traverses a gorge with a ancient river. It travels from North to South for approx 16 + miles. It is washed out by flooding in many areas. At the end is ancient ruins that are occupied. This road is for the most part un used by modern man.

Note: These roads are identifiable by the sides being lined with rocks, between 16 - 18 feet wide.

The switchback entrance.

21° 1'49.42"N 11°54'27.51"W

Ruins along the way 21° 6'18.78"N 11°55'2.85"W

21° 4'5.88"N 11°54'44.46"W

Final section 21°12'46.95"N 11°53'13.73"W

There are other sections and ruins visible. Keeping it short and sweet.
Again, people do not build roads to go from nowhere, to nowhere. And logic would dictate, these roads, lead, somewhere. Somewhere, lost in time.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

looks like ancient maps DO in fact confirm the "eye of the Sahara" is Atlantis.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: teddyvetter

You really should read Herodotus' Histories in order to get a grasp on what's being misrepresented in that video. Given the 9300BC timeframe, Atlantis could be anywhere from Italy, to Modern day Libya, it could be in the ocean itself with Cruiser Tablemount (for more on this see: ATS: My Atlantis Thread So sure it could be at the Eye, but the Eye has the least of possibilities.

As for the maps that are presented in the video, Herodotus had stated that (incorrectly) that Europe was the largest continent. His reason was that Asia and Libya had been navigated around by the Phoenicians generations before his time, but to his knowledge Europe had never been sailed around. If this is true, then the maps presented as being Herodotus' in that video are wrong.

One thing that should be considered is that Atlantis may have been a regional name for this place, or even an old name (like New Amsterdam/New York or Istanbul/Constantinople). I'm still digging into this possibility.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

sorry, i don't buy the stated age of 9300BC. There is tons of evidence that there is no written history earlier than 4600 bc(when noah's flood happened)

my thoughts on atlantis are pretty complicated....first off, what i trust is such-

My world view revolves around the bible. For a book to accurately fortell the rise and fall of babylon, persia, greece and rome, the fall of rome and the division of the empire into 10 kingdoms, the rise of the papacy even geting the number of years (1260) the popes would rule over europe and the bible does this from 600BC(book of Daniel).
From 100AD(revelation) the bible tells of 3 world empires till the end of the world.. it starts off with the red dragon empire which was guilty of trying to kill Christ as a child and crucifying him... this power gave it's seat and authority to the beast(papal rome) who ruled for 1260 years till 1798.... at the wounding of "the Beast", the lamb like world power would grouw up out of the earth(the same place Christianity would flee to escape persecution in Europe. this is none other than the USA and is the last world power listed.

anyway, seeing as the bible accurately does this with absolute 100% accuracy and much more(the prophecy in revelation about the french revolution is down right amazing) shows its divine origin. No book can do what the bible does plain and simple.... so with this in mind, i dont trust faulty men in telling me the age of the earth, especially egypt, china and the sumerians. Sorry but many of the pagan civilizations have no issues with lying and many wanted to inflate the age of their civilizations to make them seem more ancient. The God who burned Mt. Sinai black, destroyed Egypt and kept the Israelite's alive for 40years in a lifeless desert said the earth is 6000 years old, i trust this source.

much of our early world history can easily be explained if you actually reasoned through the history recorded. Humans pre-flood lived much longer and grew quite a bit taller than humans do today. This is easily proven through genetics. we are very much inferior to humans of the past as each generation is 10% WEAKER than their parents with over 100.000 new mutations to the human genome. Anyway, Noah had 3 sons who outlived something like 15 generation of their kids....imagine seeing a man who is larger than life, and older than your grand parents,grandparents? Noah and his sons i believe are immortalized in pagan cultures as the chief gods like Zeus, Poseidon and Hades. The bible records that people idolized a tyrant king Nimrod who got lucky in the genitics lottery and ended up as tall as his preflood ancestors... these people who followed him turned away from the knowledge of God and fell into adoring myths pretty early on!! Nimrod started the city of babylon and started building the tower of babble .... it was during his life that God confused the languages causing people to finally spread out over the earth, but not before these fallen away people adoped the pagan trinity.... Nimrod on his death became viewed as the sun god, his wife serimus claimed she was impregnated by her husband who had asended into the sun and she gave birth to the son of the sun god tammuiz on december 25.... of course when she died, she was viewed as the moon goddess.

when the languages were confused, this nonsense was carried around the world. which is why you will find these elements in nearly all cultures.

anyway, as atlas was a descendant of Poseidon, it is clear Atlantis was a settlement only a few 100 years after the flood when the earth was still very unstable. Land masses were still raising or lowering and settling, the numerous cities below sea level are proof that things were moving around. and ancient records show the climate was massively changing. i fully believe the eye of the Sahara is the city. It matches the size, shape, mountains to the north, an opening to the south and even ancient maps location. It's current altitude is not relevant when considering how land masses have moved around (as underwater settlements show)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

The timeframe of 9300BC comes from reading Critias, Plato's story where Atlantis is told. Another thing is that Egyptian Priests were the ones that past on to Solon the story of Atlantis, these priests pasted down stories through words not writings. They had told Herodotus that they had records going back 341 generations, and stories from before that. This would mean that during the time of Herodotus Egyptian priests has records (which would have been written) going back 11,253 year before that conversation took place.

But looking at your beliefs, Why doesn't the bible say anything about Atlantis? A major power like that should have been talked about somewhere.
I don't mean to sound like I'm attacking your monotheistic religion, but I'm not sure how you can believe what's written in the bible, and believe in myths and tales from other religions?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

YES, i already know egypt was the source of the story of atlantis, thats why general details i'll accept, but the dates i believe are definitly wrong.

As for my belief in the bible, I stated exactly WHY its a trustworthy source above all others..... that shouldn't be a complicated concept to grasp.
any book that can name future world empires 100's to a 1000 years before they exist, kings and rulers before they were born(by name) and what they would do.... this is a book of divine origin. Unfortunately 98% of the world(and a very large amount of Christianity) today ignores this very fact about the bible.

as for why the bible doens't list atlantis in its history? there are many empires that came and went and are not listed, Why would God focus on empires that forsake Him? The stories in the bible focus on the few people down through history who kept the knowledge of the true God alive.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The Piri Reis map also points to a circled city in North West Africa. Imagine that...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

The Piri Reis map could very well just be a mapping of the eastern Mediterranean Sea. If you look at the Mediterranean with the Strait of Gibraltar at the top of the map, then you can see where I'm seeing what I'm seeing. If anyone reads Arabic then maybe reading what the heck is written on the map could help.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Its written in Turkish (which uses the Arabic script).

Yeah the location of the 'round thingy' in Africa doesn't mesh with the present day location of the geological site some mistaken believe is 'Atlantis'.

The image on the Piri Reis map is about 800 kilometers to the east of where the actual site is. That peninsula is Capo Blanco and the one above it is Cape Bojador. You can follow those out and intersect with the Azores to get a general idea where that is.

If you are interested in the map I can recommend a book (non-fringe): The Piri Reis map of 1513 by Gregory C. Mcinstosh. He does absolutely radical things like translating the margin notes which tell you what charts were consulted to make the current one - which isn't ancient.

www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?keywords=piri+reis+map+of+1513+mcintosh&qid=1561264739&s=gateway&sr=8-1

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Then, please share with us what you believe the circle with rivers coming out of it is referring to. Don't leave us haning, Slung

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Then, please share with us what you believe the circle with rivers coming out of it is referring to. Don't leave us haning, Slung

Maybe they don't represent rivers/canals, but roads/trails.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Or? The bible is just one of the latest reinterpretations of a long list and stories all of which were reinterpretations of yet more reinterpretations. You are aware that there are trees out there as old as 4000 years. And yet you still believe that god created the earth 6000 years ago?

There is petrified dog # from the stone age older then that.

And you do know that the bible was written long after those empires fell?

So to say that the bible which was written many many years after the empires of Rome, Egypt, Greece, Persia, Babylon fell that it somehow predicted the fall of those empires.

Are you saying those monks who pieced the bible together are somehow time travelers who went to the past then went to the future to write a book that predicted what happened in the past? To thereby foretell the future of the world by predicting that the empires that everybody knew fell ages ago would fall?

Its like back to the future all over again.

Well ain't that something. Cant say that is the wackiest believe I have heard or read today.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Finishing up on the mesa'a to the East of the Eye, I started down a abandon switchback next to the Eye. First I found two rather large areas fenced off. One to the East, and one to the South of the Eye's Southern entrance. There is a good reason these areas are fenced off!

I started noticing small areas within these larger areas that were circled with fence or rocks. And that is when it struck me as to what I was looking at. Unbelievably, stone building blocks, scattered all around in those fenced in areas. Some small, some large, some square, some rectangular. Some, even seem to have engraving on them.

Decide, for yourselves.

And as a added bonus, a small village just outside the entrance at 20°59'55.73"N 11°26'26.36"W

P.S. Anyone know a mod who can straighten the Site code out. Seems to be acting up, on FireFox

edit on AMSundaySunday rdAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago15612 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

edit on AMSundaySunday rdAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago28612 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So your asking me a question to deflect away from my point? So, first of all do you acknowledge or do you counter that the Piri Reis map image of the 'circle' is NOT in the position where the site actually is?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Maybe they don't represent rivers/canals, but roads/trails.

They do seem to represent rivers at least the ones that run to coast are where rivers actually are - but the interior wasn't well known and may represent intermittent wadi's or could be complete invention - Plato of course didn't mention river around Atlantis (that I recall)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

So, first of all do you acknowledge or do you counter that the Piri Reis map image of the 'circle' is NOT in the position where the site actually is?

Deflect? Hardly. All I'm asking you to do is replace one possibility, with what you consider the circle with lines, represents. If your going to shoot down one balloon, then please replace it with another. Otherwise your just not being constructive, Brother.

As this map is not a accurate depiction and more of a "Shop Drawing", I believe it to be accurate enough. The Eye is generally where it is depicted to be, Northwest Africa...
edit on PMSundaySunday rdAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago38612 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join