It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis has been discovered?!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Any serious archeologists would want to know the truth.
Yes that is true, but to go one step further I would add, Honest. Some know the truth from their not so public associations, and because of that, look the other way. I'm sorry to have to put it that way and the only recourse we have is to take back those sciences from them!

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Well if I had the resources I would go there myself.

The location is so remote and hostile that it would be a massive undertaking to dig for evidence. I guess we can dream.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Well if I had the resources I would go there myself.

The location is so remote and hostile that it would be a massive undertaking to dig for evidence. I guess we can dream.
Everything, no matter what it is, starts with a original idea. Its obvious the present system is not going to assist in this undertaking. But with the help of certain powerful "Public servant", there might be a way. "Mr xxxxxxx, we believe xxxxxxx, and need your help" kind of thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
world alternative media went to the richat last month www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
btw this theory was debunked when george sarantitis proposed it 11 years ago. i like jimmy but this was not a new theory when he made his videos

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Nobody has definitively discovered it yet. It's been buried under lots of water and deep layers of mud in the middle of the Atlantic for 12,000 years or so. Nobody's gonna find it anytime soon. Not just because it's mythical, because mythical stuff is found all the time. It was just not as big and impressive as the myth it has grown into, and it was so thoroughly destroyed so long ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Ill just throw this in ... Some also claim that parts of Bolivia /Peru ( South America ) Inland ( waterways )

is Part of Atlantis .. but why not a Civilization of the time of Atlantis as some also claim that from mexico to South America was major World Wide Trade Routes from the pacific from high as Europe/Egypt too South America .. and and claims that there was Ancient Ports in Pancracs Peru ..

( either Atlantis or a Civilization during the time of Atlantis )
Jim Allen's
Historic Atlantis in Bolivia
www.atlantisbolivia.org...

ANCIENT EGYPT IN AMERICA

BY MRS. SCHUYLER VAN RENSSELAER

an Rensselaer, Mrs. Schuyler. "Ancient Egypt in America." The North American Review 218, July 1923.
xroads.virginia.edu...

there is so many WILD claims of where Atlantis is supposes to be Europe , Africa off the coast of Ireland places like Hybrazil , and South America and Antarctica ..

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Here's a video on the 'canals' in the area:

www.youtube.com...

And here's the channel of someone who was just there, and is intending to return after the summer:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-6-2019 by SamIamSam because: Wrong link

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

originally posted by: LABTECH767

Remember while we today accept that the pillars of Heracles are the straights of Gibraltar (the story of Cilla and Charybdis may hearken back to even longer to a time when the isthmus of Gibraltar broke and the sea flooded into the Mediterranean basin with the whirlpool and the gnashing rock's), though it has to be said that the assumption that it refers to the straight's of Gibraltar has often been challenged.

You mean roughly 5.3 million years ago? Before we, as a species, had developed language?

Nothing about Atlantis makes any sense whatsoever, which is why i strongly lean towards it being simple allegory. That isn't to say there wasn't some ancient super power of which we do not know, simply that nothing about Atlantis adds up.

The sites around the Richat structure are certainly interesting but not evidence of Atlantis by any stretch. Without data gathered there, they could be anything at all. Even if old, they could simply be Roman or Mauritanean - could even be pre Jugurtha era.

You know I was actually waiting for someone to bring that matter up when I mentioned it, actually classical geological 'guestimates' place it closer 6 million years ago but of course those are just that 'Guestimates' and they have no real proof as to how long ago the Isthmus (a natural lime stone damn that once spanned the straight's from Europe to Africa) failed, originally though as you know the Mediterranean was probably two low sea's or brackish lakes far below sea level one to the west and one to the east inside of a huge valley, these lake's were once fed by the rivers that flowed into the basin but over all more water evaporated than was deposited by these rivers and there have been innumerable account's of ruin's both under water and also unexplained ruin's on land such as the cart rut's of Malta which may hint at a lost epoch of which we really know nothing at all, some are a bit more outlandish though (I am not however denying the potential for them to be truth) such as claim's of an island near to the straight's that has supposedly a wall of baalbeck sized stone's (the big one's that form the platform according to the story the stones in the wall are about that size) and innumerable far more recent sunken city's from just within the last 2000 years as earthquakes happen quite frequently and the basin itself which is the join between Africa and Europe is - slowly - on the move.

Of course it is possible that the destruction of the Isthmus was far more recent, the violent end of the last ice age for example may have overwhelmed the natural damn which being lime stone was probably already run through with numerous natural caves and as you know when water find's a way it tend's to widen the path it has found.

The site is actually as we know geologically active and given the rate of sinking of the Mediterranean basin under the weight of the water.

You know I remember an old Barometric map which depicted a feature that is now not shown, on that old map which of course may have been wrong on the Mediterranean side of the straight's it showed a circular depression such as may be carved by a whirlpool but it was huge and called on the map an abyssal sump, I have since gone looking for that feature which I read in a reference book in one of our local library's but all the internet map's which of course are more up to date and likely far more accurate do not now show that feature so it could have been an error on that old map, still it intrigued me a lot at that time.

edit on 3-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Brilliant comments. Thanks for that … it ties together the Malta stuff too, which is hard otherwise to tie together with much else !!!

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

originally posted by: Harte

And beginning from the sea they bored a canal of three hundred feet in width and one hundred feet in depth and fifty stadia in length, which they carried through to the outermost zone, making a passage from the sea up to this, which became a harbour, and leaving an opening sufficient to enable the largest vessels to find ingress
The Richat Structure has never been within 50 stadia of the sea.

This thread is about an imaginary place.

Harte
Not knowing where the coastline was 12,000 years ago, one cant be certain. Though, only a 6 mile long canal could have been cut to open a waterway for larger ships to follow rivers to the outer ring, could, and is probably what they did. I doubt the coastline has changed that much.

You are correct about Atlantis being a "Imaginary" place. For over 12,000 years that is exactly what some people want you to believe. It, was, an Imaginary place. But not for much longer. I Imagine!

Where is the canal now? Bedrock doesn't heal.
You can't just make stuff up to support your personal preference for Atlantis' existence.

Harte

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye
This is what is called a long shot and I understand that. It is, or it isn't, a boat, ship. But the ancient Whale bones, are not. Mauritania North Africa WHALE BONES on the beach near the Atlantic Ocean Sahara Desert 2000 whales whalebones skeleton

You think whale bones on a beach on the coast of the Atlantic Ocean are somehow "mysterious" and in need of explanation?

Harte

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I think it's clear as day that this site needs to be excavated. It's tragic that archeologists/historians dismiss the story of Atlantis as pure myth. The evidence weighs up.

"Evidence?'
There IS no evidence.

Besides that, you are woefully unfamiliar with archeologists, since there's a passel of them working on the idea of Atlantis (mostly in their spare time.)

Harte

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

ANCIENT EGYPT IN AMERICA

BY MRS. SCHUYLER VAN RENSSELAER

an Rensselaer, Mrs. Schuyler. "Ancient Egypt in America." The North American Review 218, July 1923.
xroads.virginia.edu...

Perhaps you should read your references before posting them. That article isn't about what you think.

Harte

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

I think it's clear as day that this site needs to be excavated. It's tragic that archeologists/historians dismiss the story of Atlantis as pure myth. The evidence weighs up.

"Evidence?'
There IS no evidence.

Besides that, you are woefully unfamiliar with archeologists, since there's a passel of them working on the idea of Atlantis (mostly in their spare time.)

Harte

Evidence, like Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. If you have the eyes to see, there's plenty of evidence of ancient human activity at the Richat.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Definitely sounds like a tsunami swallowed the city. Talk about a big finish..

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's clear that Plato invented Atlantis as a plot device for his stories, because not once is it ever mentioned by anyone else. There are many extant Greek texts; surely someone else would have also mentioned, at least in passing, such a remarkable place. There is simply no evidence from any source that the legends about Atlantis existed before Plato wrote about it.

Bottom line he created this mythical land and if it had actually existed there would have been some record somewhere talking about this magical place.

Middle earth should exist by these standards. Tolkien tells us of the hobbits and the shire surely it must exist.
edit on 6/3/19 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

What is amazing to me is NOT that Plato may have invented this information, it is rather that the information he so-called 'invented' now has some physical / geographic evidence to back it up, and a timeline too.

Was he crazy and just making up stories ? was he really ??

Or are shreds of evidence finally congealing?'

Either way, the truth always comes out in the end.

interesting debate

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

This isn't enterally true. The king of kings of Atlantis was Atlas, and Polyidus referred to Atlas as a king, not a demi-god, in his telling of Perseus' journey in the west.

These stories are interesting since they all seem to take place during or after the Trojan War. It would seem that during this time (3200bce to 600bce, better known as the Bronze Age Collapse) there was a lot going on. The Trojan war was 10 years long, Odysseus journey home was another 10 years, the tale of Jason and his Argonauts, Heracles and his life, the Hymns of Orpheus, the sacking of Athena's temple killing the human form of Medusa, and of course the story of Atlantis's king Atlas. Since the Trojan War was already proven to be true, then should we rethink the other stories too?

I think we need to rethink what a god meant to the ancients. Was it just another name for a type of King, or did it mean something else. Did the tales of these kingdoms the existed before the Bronze Age Collapse get venerated to tales of grandeur over time? Before we openly dismiss the existence of Atlantis, we should really go back an research the era that the story takes place in, as well as simplify the grandeur for what's being presented.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: SamIamSam

"Evidence?'
There IS no evidence.

Harte

Evidence, like Beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. If you have the eyes to see, there's plenty of evidence of ancient human activity at the Richat.

Actually, there's not.
Besides, you were talking about Atlantis. Not some goat herders.

Harte

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join