It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atlantis has been discovered?!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+78 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   
After reviewing information contained in the following videos I decided to dig in, Digitally, into the subject. Physically digging in the area is not in my realm of possibilities, and believe me, I wish it were. Besides, the Country of Mauritania is on the list of locations that are not safe to travel to, concerning crime and terrorism. Very sad state of affairs!

At any rate I present the first Video
The Lost City of Atlantis - Hidden in Plain Sight?

And the Second video
The Lost City of Atlantis - Hidden in Plain Sight? PART 2

Additional site to visit to get some background information

visitingatlantis.com...

Plato's Words

www.lost-civilizations.net...

First, some logic.

If a great Center did in fact reside in the "Eye of the Sahara" , "Richat Structure", then one would understand that its land mass (Ringed Island) would not be sufficient to support what was shared with us by Plato. The King, his Army, his Navy, his subjects, slaves and all would require massive support in the way of raw materials, grains, meat, etc. The Island itself could not logically support, itself.

Therefore, there must be a massive River, and Road networks to transport the supply and demand of the Island City.

Where to start the search.

First, we are told, it actually isn't, in the Sea!

And Poseidon, receiving for his lot the island of Atlantis, begat children by a mortal woman, and settled them in a part of the island, which I will describe. Looking towards the sea, but in the centre of the whole island, there was a plain which is said to have been the fairest of all plains and very fertile. Near the plain again, and also in the centre of the island at a distance of about fifty stadia, there was a mountain not very high on any side.

It can not be in the Sea, if you have to look toward the Sea.

And of the fifth pair he gave to the elder the name of Azaes, and to the younger that of Diaprepes. All these and their descendants for many generations were the inhabitants and rulers of divers islands in the open sea; and also, as has been already said, they held sway in our direction over the country within the Pillars as far as Egypt and Tyrrhenia.

It indicates once again, Atlantis itself is not a Island in the Sea, as those Islands were given to Posidon's decenants (Twins). Part of Atlantis,s domain, but not the City Island.

And beginning from the sea they bored a canal of three hundred feet in width and one hundred feet in depth and fifty stadia in length, which they carried through to the outermost zone, making a passage from the sea up to this, which became a harbour, and leaving an opening sufficient to enable the largest vessels to find ingress

If your in the ocean, you don't need a canal. The Island Must be inland.

I have described the city and the environs of the ancient palace nearly in the words of Solon, and now I must endeavor to represent the nature and arrangement of the rest of the land.

Finally, the City Island is described to be on "Land" And that, is where we look. It is a land based Island, with a man made canal, to the sea.

The surrounding mountains were celebrated for their number and size and beauty, far beyond any which still exist, having in them also many wealthy villages of country folk, and rivers, and lakes, and meadows supplying food enough for every animal, wild or tame, and much wood of various sorts, abundant for each and every kind of work.

Atlantis, the island city, itself was completely wiped off the face of the world. Virtually nothing can be found in the Central City. No ruins are present, as though someone took a large water hose and cleaned it off. But what of all those villages in the nearby mountains? I have a surprise.

Zeus, the god of gods, who rules according to law, and is able to see into such things, perceiving that an honorable race was in a woeful plight, and wanting to inflict punishment on them, that they might be chastened and improve, collected all the gods into their most holy habitation, which, being placed in the centre of the world, beholds all created things. And when he had called them together, he spake as follows: *

* The rest of the Dialogue of Critias has been lost.
If interested one can read the "Lost Book Of Enki", for the rest of the story.

archive.org...

Going back to Atlantis, nothing remains, but what of all those villages that surrounded Atlantis? Surly, something might have survived?

The trade routs in and around Atlantis must have been extensive. And as stated, great waterways, and communities on river shores to handle shipping, food deliveries, visitors, etc. It can not be expected that entire ruins will be discovered because of the nature of the destruction, and the general building techniques. But none the less, we should look, and look we did.

The first discovery is an "Abandon" ruin that I believe were built by people who were returning to the area, before the full effects of the weather change took place, post flood. There still must have been running water in the river as it appears a dock was built, out into the river, now abandon site. Modern man has returned to the area but did not occupy the ruins, they built next to them extending to the north. This site is but 14 miles from the "Eye" Reason for this community is unknown, but due to its proximity to the river and mountain would be a clue. 20°56'1.16"N 11°37'25.30"W

Another site NNW of the above site is actually in a place where the Island City could be viewed. The roads, or indentations of where the village roads were, can still be seen. There are other indications that this site held a large community. No building stones to be seen, but something of interest, it appears as though what ever hit it scoured the top soil away, which is very common in this region. 21° 0'17.67"N 11°34'35.57"W
Overview

Mining Town
The next one is 40 miles down river where two rivers merge into one, and heads south. This site is somewhat complicated as a post flood community was built on top of and centered on a fairly large Pre Flood community. The Post Flood community, again, people returning after the flood hoping to pick up where they left off, was built in the same style, but only used stone from the west end of this pre flood village. The area is devoid of rocks, unlike the east end, where the rocks appear to still be in place. A few roads can still be seen. No one lives in the pre or post flood village, but modern man is present in the river bed. The entire site is aprox 1 1/4 miles long. I suspect it is a mining town. 20°44'21.59"N 12° 0'15.11"W

42 miles from the Eye is a road from nowhere, to, nowhere. There are no signs modern man has used this road. It crosses a river and disappears into the desert. There are many such roads in this region. Some are even used by modern man, known or unknown by him. 20°46'18.17"N 12° 2'56.62"W

To Cont:
edit on PMSundaySunday ndAmerica/ChicagoAmerica/Chicago00610 by All Seeing Eye because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Cont:

Fish Trap. Modern man may be in the area. In the middle of the current is, what appears to be a fish trap. There are no tracks that lead to this structure. To note this structure does not show up in the 2004 Google photo, but there are faint hints that the wind may have uncovered it. If it is a "Fish Trap", modern man would have no use for it. It could also be a game trap of some sort, abandon over the years. But being in a river, I'm guessing its a fish trap. Open to debate. 20°39'57.75"N 12°19'33.66"W

8 tenths of a mile east of the "Fish Trap" appears to be a rubble field which could have been a very small settlement? Only the rocks remain with hints of geometric features. 20°39'58.06"N 12°18'47.68"W

Lake View. Nothing definitive here except maybe a community that was built around a small lake. Only hints of geometric structures. What brought my eye to it was a very small section of possible roadway that "Y" off. I followed the upper road. 56 miles from the Eye. 20°40'49.63"N 12°14'37.30"W

Chinguetti is know for its Ancient religious libraries, and also excavations. They are literally everywhere. A rather large town that used to be visited by caravans, part of the caravan routs. Presently modern man has built on the site and by the looks of all the excavations might have been a ancient pre flood community. Ancient roads are used today, but parts of it are still unused.
Air Port excavations, ancient road transecting runway. 20°30'17.21"N 12°23'56.23"W

Untouched Ancient road section. 20°29'58.77"N 12°23'26.94"W

Excavated foundation, I assume 20°28'26.75"N 12°23'16.41"W

This one is out in the middle of nowhere and no signs of modern man. It might be a military outpost, at least that is my impression. There are the slightest hints that a road runs next to it on the east side. 20°46'48.11"N 12°13'56.61"W

When following that hint to the north I found another road. No signs of modern man. It is another road that leads nowhere. Its approx 900 ft that shows. 53 miles from the Eye. 20°47'27.04"N 12°13'52.15"W

This road ran from the river at the west end of Mining Town north for 6 miles. It disappeared many times and does not appear to have been used by modern man. It runs into a area that has had its topsoil stripped away, blasted, in a few places. I believe the "Blue" mines are in this area. The Blue dust is heavy in this area and "Mining Town".
Mining Camp 20°49'35.64"N 12° 1'51.63"W

Mining camp road intersection 20°48'37.26"N 12° 1'31.27"W

Last, but not least, the Metropolis
Modern man has some operations in the area, roads and fences, it is a larg area that has been "Blasted" with water. It is 7 miles in diameter, and no stones or rocks. It is circular with a very light color that shows run off went to the east. It is situated NNW of the Eye at 12 miles. It shows signs of many roads, but only faintly, more like ruts. Would have to check them with boots on the ground. One section of road is visible and runs for approx 1/2 mile. No sign it has been used by modern man. 21°18'13.86"N 11°37'23.08"W

Metro Road 21°18'13.86"N 11°37'23.08"W

It does appear there is circumstantial evidence to support the "theory" the Eye of the Sahara is actually the inland city Island, of Atlantis.

Combined with all the other information, for myself, I am convinced Atlantis has been discovered.

How it was destroyed, and the Global Catastrophic flood can be explained. But in order to do so, and have it believed, well, that is another matter. It literally, would take a trip into the Twilight Zone.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Sweet thread.

I been a fan of Bright Insight for a while.
edit on 2-6-2019 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
One last note, those who are interested viewing these areas I would suggest using satellites.pro...,-11.577219,17" target="_blank" class="postlink">Satallites Pro

Google Earth will not show in the greatest detail.

Good Hunting

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Whilst I do not think the definitive claim of finding Atlantis can be claimed just yet, thankyou for your working and sharing some information, observations and assumptions many of us would previously have not trodden the path of.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Let me begin by observing first of all, that nine thousand was the sum of years which had elapsed since the war which was said to have taken place between those who dwelt outside the Pillars of Heracles and all who dwelt within them; this war I am going to describe. Of the combatants on the one side, the city of Athens was reported to have been the leader and to have fought out the war; the combatants on the other side were commanded by the kings of Atlantis, which, as was saying, was an island greater in extent than Libya and Asia, and when afterwards sunk by an earthquake, became an impassable barrier of mud to voyagers sailing from hence to any part of the ocean. The progress of the history will unfold the various nations of barbarians and families of Hellenes which then existed, as they successively appear on the scene; but I must describe first of all Athenians of that day, and their enemies who fought with them, and then the respective powers and governments of the two kingdoms. Let us give the precedence to Athens.

If Atlantis were in the Sahara, and Atlantis sunk after an earthquake, then the Sahara would have once been an ocean.

Unless, what if it sank not into water, but into the sand? An impassable barrier of mud.
A flood plus sand would make lots of mud.

Imagine the immense history that would lay hidden under those sands if that were so!
A continent of ancient sites and artifacts and lost knowledge... amazing!

edit on 2-6-2019 by ADAMandEVIL because: ETA fixes

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ADAMandEVIL

It has not always been a barren desert. Prior to that it was lush and fertile, I believe around eight thousand years ago.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMALLYETALLIAM
Whilst I do not think the definitive claim of finding Atlantis can be claimed just yet, thankyou for your working and sharing some information, observations and assumptions many of us would previously have not trodden the path of.

I believe I understand your position. I only hope you can accept that some can Makes leaps of faith, successfully. I hope, I'm one of them. I can say with some assurance, if this were a trial, I know what the Jury will decide.

You are correct though, it would require many boots on the ground for conformation. But first we just have to light a fire to get the ball rolling.

Sharing, your welcome

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL

Let me begin by observing first of all, that nine thousand was the sum of years which had elapsed since the war which was said to have taken place between those who dwelt outside the Pillars of Heracles and all who dwelt within them; this war I am going to describe. Of the combatants on the one side, the city of Athens was reported to have been the leader and to have fought out the war; the combatants on the other side were commanded by the kings of Atlantis, which, as was saying, was an island greater in extent than Libya and Asia, and when afterwards sunk by an earthquake, became an impassable barrier of mud to voyagers sailing from hence to any part of the ocean. The progress of the history will unfold the various nations of barbarians and families of Hellenes which then existed, as they successively appear on the scene; but I must describe first of all Athenians of that day, and their enemies who fought with them, and then the respective powers and governments of the two kingdoms. Let us give the precedence to Athens.

If Atlantis were in the Sahara, and Atlantis sunk after an earthquake, then the Sahara would have once been an ocean.

Unless, what if it sank not into water, but into the sand? An impassable barrier of mud.

Imagine the immense history that would lay hidden under those sands if that were so!

The rings themselves must have had water in them for thousands upon thousands of years. At the bottom of those rings was found, mud, dried mud.

I believe the mud mentioned in the above passage is noting the mud from the flood that blocked the rivers and channels afterwards. It would no longer be possible to get to the "Island" by water way.

Make no mistake, these were acts of war. Atlantis, the City Island, was not destroyed in the traditional manner. The nature of the weapon used is beyond our ability to comprehend, presently. It is hard to remember that the warring parties were demi gods, who did not posses this weapon. But the gods themselves, did. They actually did take sides in the war. Atlantis was removed from the face of the Earth while Athens survived.

I'm going to say one other thing. The stated cause of the War from the Gods, and the Admixture. Revers their statement, and you have the truth.

Thank you for your reply.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Atlantis can be any number of things to any number of people

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Good stuff! Thanks friend!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Good thread.

Thank you.

Des

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Atlantis can be any number of things to any number of people
Given the amount of time, the languages it has been retold in, you comment is true. Now, its just left to tie it all together.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: All Seeing Eye

Make no mistake, these were acts of war. Atlantis, the City Island, was not destroyed in the traditional manner. The nature of the weapon used is beyond our ability to comprehend, presently. It is hard to remember that the warring parties were demi gods, who did not posses this weapon. But the gods themselves, did. They actually did take sides in the war. Atlantis was removed from the face of the Earth while Athens survived.

Plato describes an early Bronze Age Society. In a modern view a person can simply see that Atlantis was an early adopter of iron. This conclusion can be seen in Plato's discussion about the red ore that was used to define some of the buildings. Imagine for a moment the power a person with an iron weapon would have against a Bronze aged society? Now think about that iron powerhouse during a time when society was still recovering from the Bronze age collapse, and only a few city-states even had access to bronze age weapons. All the magical things of fantasy that have been attributed to Atlantis were never in Plato's description of the state, nor has any other position been concluded reading his dialogs.

It is very possible that a natural devastation happened to the kingdom of Atlantis, and it might have very well wiped out it's people. There is another angle to the story of Atlantis that could be pulled as to what happened to them. Plato talks about how Athens looked at the time of Atlantis and tells about an earthquake and a night of rain that wiped the land clean. If we were to look at this point that is made, then a meteor strike somewhere in the Mediterranean might be a direction to look. Could this be when the "Black Stone" of the Nabataeans (then later Islam) impacted the earth? Again imagine many kingdoms being destroyed in a single night. The stories would get warped from a fire in the sky to an angry god as time went by.

There are many items and descriptions about the time of Atlantis made by Plato that could be examined. This current trend of placing Atlantis in North-West Africa seems like it's logically being examined so I can agree that it's a possibility, but all these magical stories about Atlantis seems far off from what we are told in Plato. I'll dig into this a little more tomorrow. I have a 1920 printing of B. Jowett's "The Dialogues of Plato", I'll go threw it more then.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADAMandEVIL

Water plus the sand and a little bit of shaking would result in liquefaction...basically turning the ground into quicksand.
edit on 6/3/2019 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Orthodox archaeology unless I am mistaken which I may very well be suggests that the first militaristic culture to make use of Iron weapon's - which we know of - was the Hittites, the Hittites appeared to have come from probably from Eurasia and had brought there knowledge of Iron with them so that would indicate a lost age of Iron cultures in Eurasia.

There language was related to English and German being a so called Indo European language though once they had invaded and conquered there way into Anatolia and Mesopotamia they then adopted the Cuneiform Alphabet which is of course actually a phonetic script very much like modern alphabet's in fact.

When the language code was finally broken as though Cuneiform could be read already the Hittite word's seemed like gibberish it was found that a number of word's we still use today in the English speaking world such as Bread and Beer were also once used by the ancient Hittites and that the structure of there language was very similar to modern English as well.

This indicates that they were probably from a root branch of the ancestor's of the Germanic people's whom had migrated south during there racial migration westward or had come from a former AND perhaps failed civilization in Eurasia somewhere.

There religion and law's placed brotherhood as a sacred duty among there own people and they had a highly military like code, but those law's did not extend to non Hittites and as there culture mixed with those other people of the land's they had conquered and as there own numbers multiplied it was only a matter of time before there one law that should never be broken was eventually broken, in the end the Hittite's destroyed themselves probably in a war of succession when brother killed brother and the bond's that had tied there society together finally snapped.

So we know a fair bit about the earliest KNOWN users of iron - BUT what if another people far to the west by south west of them had once also known how to smelt iron, long before other form's of Iron we know that meteoric iron was valued and indeed such a piece of Iron may even be the origin of the Nordic religious legend of Mjonlnir, an iron stone that fell from the sky or as called by many other cultures also Thunder rock.

My feeling is that Atlantis if it was the eye of the Sahara (and I feel it probably was indeed the eye of the Sahara after the earlier thread on the subject enlightened me) then they actually did not need iron, there island's would have formed an almost impregnable fortress on which a society may have grown, as they grew they needed more than they had and so sent out soldiers and in time a city became the heart of an empire before it was all wiped away and the human history chronometer was set back to zero.

Remember while we today accept that the pillars of Heracles are the straights of Gibraltar (the story of Cilla and Charybdis may hearken back to even longer to a time when the isthmus of Gibraltar broke and the sea flooded into the Mediterranean basin with the whirlpool and the gnashing rock's), though it has to be said that the assumption that it refers to the straight's of Gibraltar has often been challenged.

Now if you ask me, the true history of humanity goes a heck of a lot longer back in time than some monkey relative of Charles Darwin six million years ago, indeed I believe it goes much, much further back in time BUT there is someone that put's up barriers when thing's don't go according to there preconceived notions or belief's and especially when if proven it show's that many of the world's greatest historical scholars are therefore imbeciles because they actually do not know the truth but paint a good lie.
www.hecklerspray.com...

I believe that there have perhaps in the true course of human life been HUNDREDS of Atlantis like disasters and that humanity had not only been as advanced as we are today but has surpassed us and perhaps either destroyed itself or been put down by other's whom believe that they know better than the infantile and insane primitive people still living on the planet from which they may have come themselves long ago.

edit on 3-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Nice thread! Well done. I appreciate the work you put in.

It can not be in the Sea, if you have to look toward the Sea.

If you are standing on an island you can still look toward the sea. I do it every day.

Also, digging a canal does happen a lot ... even on islands.

the combatants on the other side were commanded by the kings of Atlantis, which, as was saying, was an island greater in extent than Libya and Asia, and when afterwards sunk by an earthquake, became an impassable barrier of mud to voyagers sailing from hence to any part of the ocean.

That is a pretty big island and does give a realistic clue.

To have a land mass that great and be an island ... only one place on earth meets those specifications.

Australia!

The Island Continent of Australia would have been vastly different thousands of years ago.

Aboriginals also have some interesting ancient stories.

Just some further thoughts to muddy the waters.

P

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I doubt Australia is Atlantis, in fact I would say we can very safely rule it out but that does not mean that it and it's native people's did not have a much more illustrious history than is accepted today.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also the same goes for New Zealand were the Maori apparently killed off (and ATE - well a lot of them, the Maori Culture became dominant as likely did the male chromosome until the Brit's got there) the previous people whom had once built town's, beehive houses of stone and perhaps even city's.
www.ancient-wisdom.com...

edit on 3-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Found something interesting inside the structure.

21°07'23.1"N 11°22'23.3"W

edit on 3-6-2019 by skido because: Corrected the coordinates

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 04:36 AM
link   

I think to discover old towns etc,need to look underground,can see on google maps coast areas were coastline was a few hundred miles farther out,some areas went from sea level to 14,000 ft others 14,000 to underwater or under mud and debris from tsunami's volcanoes

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join