It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ducks are cuter than puppies!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

So what's your favorite meat of choice, Critical?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12

So what's your favorite meat of choice, Critical?

That's like asking me which of my hypothetical children is my favorite.... And if forced which I'd have to eat.

I'd eat Chad, but I don't have a favorite.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
ok

What about Kangaroo?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Artemis12
ok

What about Kangaroo?

I'd try it, my guess is it would be close to deer (which is fantastic when prepared properly).

I think the only meat I wouldn't try is cat or dog, though if it was life or death I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

My dad used to have Pekin ducks, those guys were utterly delicious.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
When I was a young lad about 12 on school summer holidays, I used to love to go cycling on my BMX, this was on the outskirts of a city in the West Midlands, which had some countryside/wasteland with a river, trees, and wooded area. On one occasion I took food and a drink and stopped and had a little picnic by the river, the scraps I had left I gave to a lonely looking duck (mallard). That fella followed me all the way home, and sat outside my back door waiting for me. I went out, and he just sat there so I let him in and half filled the bath for him. My mom went crazy went she got back, he followed me everywhere, and for a few days my mom let me keep him around. He was a great companion. My mom made me take him a few miles away to a lake with other ducks. I still chuckle about that from time to time.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage

Funny how sometimes you meet an animal, and there is just an instant bond formed, even if one sided.

I've always felt that there is a natural ceiling for a level of connection between any two given animals. Sometimes you don't need to try, sometimes you need to put in work, and sometimes no matter the effort it won't happen.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I've looked back and wondered about that experience from time to time. I "spoke" to him whilst I ate and threw him some scraps, He followed me for a couple miles back home. Over those 2 days or so, I picked him up, sat in my back garden with him. It just seemed to like the company. I felt like I was helping him, maybe he thought he was helping me or he was just tired from migrating, who knows? But you are right about the connection thing.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Oh Boy, both puppies and ducklings are just too adorable ! Probably gotta go with puppies as a domestic pet, a friend had a pond on their property, the ducks were fun to watch and feed, but she described some pretty gruesome behavior I was fortunate enough to miss, they had a mean goose too ! It was interesting that they had some lone duck show up, beautiful colors and smaller then the other ducks, apparently the other ducks "shunned" him, but let him stay eventually ?

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

We got them a kiddy pool thinking they'd love that because if there was water somewhere they were in it! At first they wouldn't go in the pool. I put one in there once and she freaked and jumped right back out. They'd sit there staring at it like they wanted to go in, but were afraid. I finally figured it out. I emptied most of the water out so they could touch bottom and, man, you couldn't get those geese out of that pool! Add more water to where they couldn't touch bottom and they'd jump back out. Silly geese didn't know they were geese!!

Exactly like my damned ducks I talked about here.

I thought he would love the pond, but was always too afraid to go in. I tossed him in off the dock a couple of time and he freaked out. The only time he gets in, which is rare, he never goes further than he can touch bottom, and actually prefers the litter box I filled with water—because he can touch bottom. But he didn't grown up with but a small tub of water, so basically thought he was a chicken, because he also grew up with them.

The other ducklings I bought also won't go in the water. They like small pans of water... as long as their feet can touch, lol.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Now THAT is adorable.

posted on Aug, 13 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Geeze man you just broke my heart with the cute factor.
How can you not want to love one of those creatures?
edit on 13-8-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join