It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion By The Numbers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

Therefore the person who actually gets pregnant gets to decide what she does with her body, and a fetus is a part of her body, considering it's living off it.

Hmmm... So I guess you are alright with killing breast feeding babies too?
edit on 3-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hmmm... So I guess you are alright with killing breast feeding babies too?

Err, I'm a product of the American education system as any other guy on this thread, so not that smart, but how exactly have you gone from women aborting what is essential a collection of cells without A HUMAN CONSCIENCE YET to asking me if I'm okay with women killing babies? A baby is a HUMAN BEING. It's a creature that can feel pain and happiness and desire. A fetus, UNTIL A CERTAIN POINT IN TIME, is nothing yet.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

Umm. That's funny. I had my three boys in the 80a and my first initial visit was a planned parenthood clinic each time. They pushed vitamins on me And iron even more since my iron level was rather low for the second and third but they didn't push abortion on me. Maybe it has to do with geographical locations. Who knows.

It funny that I didn't even say Planned Parenthood, but you went there, and since you have I also find it funny that 90%+ do not provide prenatal care, but do provide close to 40% of all abortions in the US, so what is your point?

I'm not saying they are evil, just that they are a for profit organization...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

So what in my post triggered you to reply as if I'm trying to stop a woman's choice? My post suggested that abortions is big profit for clinics and so they push that as the first and best choice.

You honestly believe women, or at least the majority of pregnant women who go into a clinic are first-hand, instantly asked if they want to have an abortion? Funny how I've gone to many clinics with my pregnant sisters when their husbands couldn't be there and not once have I ever had a dude come up to one of my sisters and go,''OHHH HEYYY can I interest you in an abortion? They're on promotion this week! 2 for 1''

Jesus Christ, and even if abortions are highly profitable for clinics what about it? Pop music and many millions of horny teenagers made Justin Bieber 600 millions-rich. Are we going to ban out pop music because of it?

States push them because the 1000 bucks is cheaper than state subsistence support. In the end you need to realize it is not always for the best interest of the woman as much as the most profit.

No. Western nations have negative childbirth ratios. In every Euro Country I've been to for the past 10 years has had it's govts. push a ''get pregnant as fast as possible and make as many babies as you can'' agenda. Trying to motivate young women and men to get together, marry, and have babies, in any way they can. The same is true in America, there's probably tons of books and religious leaders and even senators who want to push women into having babies.

Actually 10s of millions are rushing to get abortions every year with an estimated 40 to 50 million world wide per year. The states is about 900k.

3.5 billion women in the world. Tens of millions getting abortions every year? That's an insignificant number. Doesn't matter. Think of how many people there are in the world. What exactly is the need for tens of millions more being born every year? Heck, India alone had a bad year(I think it was in 2014) and they still produced 18 million babies.
edit on 3-6-2019 by Ligyron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Your qualification, for why she is arbiter for human life, is that her body is being used to sustain it. Therefore it is part of her. Well, babies are breastfed until four to six months. So they're still part of her body (using your logic).

ETA:
A fetus is simply a stage of human life and development. We don't really even have a conscience until most of the way through adolescence (one of the final stages of human development).
edit on 3-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Your qualification, for why she is arbiter for human life, is that her body is being used to sustain it. Therefore it is part of her. Well, babies are breastfed until four to six months. So they're still part of her body (using your logic).

Inside her body, living off her heart, her lungs, her blood, the food she consumes and her body transforms to be edible for the baby that is living inside of her is quite different from drinking milk from her mammarial glands. Babies can survive on milk that isn't from their mothers. They can survive from milk from other lactating women, or they can drink cow milk.

They are not dependent on the body of the woman who produced them, to survive. Which makes them an autonomous human being. Which means it's illegal and immoral to do to that baby what you just asked me of 2 questions ago.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   

A fetus is simply a stage of human life and development. We don't really even have a conscience until most of the way through adolescence (one of the final stages of human development).

And an egg is a stage of chicken life that is going to become a chicken when properly taken cared of and hatched. It doesn't become a chicken if it's taken away from it's mother, remaining an egg. We don't have a conscience until most of the way through adolescence??? I'm not sure about you but I remember feeling sadness, pain, happiness, joy, anger, frustration, and the desire for whatever it was since i was a little kid.

Cells don't feel any of that.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Here's a more accurate chart:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ya right.
Getting women on iron and vitamins as early as possible is neonatal care as well as the periodic health checks they offered me till we managed to get the care from an ob that was referred to me because he would work us as far as the financial aspects which took a couple of months for the first one. Less time for the other two since I already had a relationshipwith the doctor.
But my point was that I was pregnant in the 80s and at no point did the clinic I went to pressure me into an abortion. Most of the discussion centered on how to have a healthy baby and such. Don't really remember much talk about abortion really. Maybe because I was married and had my mind set as to what I wanted and didn't want.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

originally posted by: SilentSaturn
I don't doubt that there is a hidden black market for fetus', but that doesn't discount the idea that woman should beable to choose and not have their decisions be decided by men.

Women should be as appalled (if not more so) by this as men.
Whole industries revolve around aborting female babies.

I’m 100% pro choice but the celebration, jubilation and utter self righteous smugness exhibited by pro abortionists is sickening.

I differentiated pro choice and pro abortion as pro choicers don’t revel in the fact that an abortion is happening, it’s a necessary evil not something to party about

"celebration, jubilation, self-righteous smugness" ?????....is there is something wrong with you?...if not, then this language is just laughable

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Babies should not drink cow milk.

They are not dependent on the body of the woman who produced them, to survive. Which makes them an autonomous human being. Which means it's illegal and immoral to do to that baby what you just asked me of 2 questions ago.

So you're saying when the baby is viable outside the womb, it should no longer be allowed to be killed?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Here's a more accurate chart:

yeah, men hate it when women go tell them to "F off, it's my body"....

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I'm not sure about you but I remember feeling sadness, pain, happiness, joy, anger, frustration, and the desire for whatever it was since i was a little kid.

That's not a conscience. That's consciousness and it happens as early as 8 weeks.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

But if she decided she doesn't want to breastfeed she can switch over to formula. If she decides she doesn't mess with that she can pawn the job off on a hired nanny or her parent or heck drop the kid off at the nearest social service office. The child does not need her to survive.
A fetus can't be pawned off on anyone for any length of time till it reaches the point of viability outside of the womb.
edit on 3-6-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Correct, and that window of viability keeps getting larger. Pretty soon we'll be growing them in a petri dish. Then should abortion be illegal?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

Ahhh, did I trigger you with the real reasons being so frivolous? My bad.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ligyron

You honestly believe women, or at least the majority of pregnant women who go into a clinic are first-hand, instantly asked if they want to have an abortion? Funny how I've gone to many clinics with my pregnant sisters when their husbands couldn't be there and not once have I ever had a dude come up to one of my sisters and go,''OHHH HEYYY can I interest you in an abortion? They're on promotion this week! 2 for 1''

Jesus Christ, and even if abortions are highly profitable for clinics what about it? Pop music and many millions of horny teenagers made Justin Bieber 600 millions-rich. Are we going to ban out pop music because of it?

What is your point again? You agreed with me they are high profit, so we think the same... As I said in my other post PP does not really provide prenatal care while providing close to 40% of all abortions in the states. The reality is that if you quality for state assistance in paying for an abortion it is quick money for them.

No. Western nations have negative childbirth ratios. In every Euro Country I've been to for the past 10 years has had it's govts. push a ''get pregnant as fast as possible and make as many babies as you can'' agenda. Trying to motivate young women and men to get together, marry, and have babies, in any way they can. The same is true in America, there's probably tons of books and religious leaders and even senators who want to push women into having babies.

No what? States do not want people stuck on subsistence, it is cheaper for the state to pay for low income abortions than it is to pay for kid for a life time as we see that with the fact that a little over 50% of all abortions are paid for by medicaid.

If we wanted more kids why not pay the abortion money to the mother to go full term and give the baby up for adoption.. Win win don't you think?

3.5 billion women in the world. Tens of millions getting abortions every year? That's an insignificant number. Doesn't matter. Think of how many people there are in the world. What exactly is the need for tens of millions more being born every year? Heck, India alone had a bad year(I think it was in 2014) and they still produced 18 million babies.

You stated 10s of million are not trying to get abortions, I was just saying 10 of millions are...what is your point on this again...lol

Don't make a statement and then when proven wrong, say "it doesn't matter"...geez

You like numbers... PP was developed to keep the black population down...no point to debate this as the facts are easy to find about the whole eugenics thing in controlling breeding and boy have they been successful. With about 42 million blacks in America over 20 million have been aborted. Numbers do matter.....

edit on 3-6-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Well, babies are breastfed until four to six months. So they're still part of her body (using your logic).

When a fetus can be dropped off at a nursery or with a wet nurse, then, and only then, you might have a point.
edit on 3-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

How about when we can grow them in a petri dish?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

First abortion should always be allowed for extreme medical reasons. Ain't giving an inch on that one.
But the whole thing about abortion (at least to me) is the clash between the rights of the mother with that of the fetus within her.
That clash ends when the fetus can survive without the mother.
So weather it is at what is now considered the point of viability or your future world where there's the possibility of artificial wombs. If a women decides that she does not want to be pregnant and the removal of the fetus posed no more risk to her health than a csection would to a healthy adult. Then ya. That would eliminate the conflict. It would be a better solution than just killing it.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join