It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion By The Numbers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Actually it says that the data suggests that most women don't give those two reasons and goes on to say that the data is really pretty inadequate.

It insinuates that, but the data shows different. Do I need to repeat it?

Our factor analysis identified five general profiles of women who sought later abortions, describing 80% of the sample. Forty‐two percent of later abortion patients fit only one group; 38% belonged in two or more groups.

80% if the sample identified reasons other than physical health of the mother and fetal abnormality. 80%. That's 8 out of every ten women.

Stop and think a moment. Get that through your head. 80% of the women in the study had a late term abortion for convenience. I don't care how badly someone wants to explain that away, it's a fact: 80% of the women in the study had a late term abortion for convenience.

Just so you don't get the wrong idea, 80% of the women in the study had a late term abortion for convenience.

But their goal seems to be to show that...

Their goal is irrelevant... no, it's worse than irrelevant. That means the study was done to prove a certain position that the data did not prove! That's scientific bias!

And don't forget, 80% of the women in the study had a late term abortion for convenience.

Did I mention that 80% of the women in the study had a late term abortion for convenience?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Is that 80 percent of the late term abortions done in those clinics they chose, 80 percent of those who opted to be included in their study which they didn't extend an invitation to those who had health reason though.
And yes the study was bias it was in their interest to dismiss these that were related to health as insignificant just like the pro lifers want to.
Funny thing is that I gave you a win on this point and yet its the one think you chose to argue about.
Did you read the whole post??
edit on 3-6-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You going to foot the bill for all these kids?

Of course they aren't. A big fuss is made until it's born, then, it, and the possibly inept or ill equipped parent/s are on their own, and if they need social services..they are leeches.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

And yes the study was bias it was in their interest to dismiss these that were related to health as insignificant just like the pro lifers want to.

I don't think you read the study. The very first line purports to explain that abortion on demand should be legal!

If you are unwilling or unable to accept what you read, that is not my fault. That is a pro-abortion study that wound up proving that late term abortions are often done for convenience, and then tried to cover that up with carefully chosen language to connotate the opposite.

And you just fell for it, hook, line, sinker... I'm surprised you didn't swallow the boat!

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Ahh yes, the "poverty sucks for those kids, they don't deserve life" argument. It always makes its way into the discussion. You know you're on the wrong side of an argument when your solution to a problem is killing innocent people.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
When the kids are born into poverty and need care it's ....."not with my tax dollars!!" "not my kids"

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Second paragraph before the acknowledgements. Where it starts talking about the limitations of their study. The data does not include health and fetal anomolies. They were excluded from the study. That missing 20 percent gave reasons other than the top five but none of them gave the reason of health issue or fetal anomolies. They were not included in the study and As far as I see the percentage that were excluded from it because they fell into that category is not given.
And I don't know what to tell ya I already said the study had a pro-choice bias about it.
edit on 3-6-2019 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Over the last year they have abandoned that and turned to what is an advanced take on a primitive form of human sacrifice, if you ask me.

No one asked you. I'm sorry, who are you again? Who elected you as the King of the world to decide what women can or can't do?

Since you want to curb women's personal choices and to control what they can and can't do with their bodies(and yes, a fetus is a parasite that is sustained by a woman's body) do you also want to create a Christian version of Sharia law in The United States of America and in Europe?

. However, these primitive cultures tended to have the moral high ground on todays leftists.

it's hilarious how this website is supposed to be about airing out conspiracies and ''the truth is out there'' themes but meanwhile all you guys do all day is to take a jab at democrats and republicans and at trump and Clinton. Dude, no one cares.

No one cares about none of that nonsense. That's one of the reasons why I abandoned the USA never to return. From the dumb gun laws and how there are more citizen-owned handguns in the USA than there are citizens living there, to dudes going on a suicidal rampage taking many people with them, innocent people, because they want to get laid but they are too ugly or too fat(and yes, being overweight is not normal) or too socially stunted for any woman to want to sleep with them.

Today, people have abortions for appalling reasons like, I'm not ready to have kids (48% of abortions are for this reason). In other words, rather than a sacrifice it's a convenience.

It's not a complicated concept to understand. Who is the most vulnerable sex in the world? Women. And yes, most women alive(there are women in the world other than the women in Canada and USA!) have it bad, and who becomes even more vulnerable when pregnant? Men? Who has to go into labor?

There are women who are more than 24 hours undergoing an extremely excrcuiating and mentally damaging event, yes even with modern drugs and technology.

Are you willing to raise those children since you believe abortion should be illegal? Nah, you'd be like one of those dudes complaining that his taxes are going for single mothers or for families that can't make ends meet.

As you can see, health reasons make up 7% of the current abortions. Rape makes up less than half a percent. It's truly disturbing what the abortion industry has become. However, at least the left is giving up the false pretense that they're worried about health and human life.

What's truly disturbing is that you, some guy who has no business telling women what they can or can't do is allowed to voice his deep-seeted disregard and contempt for women. Women aren't property, dude. This isn't friking Iran. If you don't like you can always move to a Middle-East Country. Women ain't going to cry about it LOL

edit on 3-6-2019 by Ligyron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: SilentSaturn
I don't doubt that there is a hidden black market for fetus', but that doesn't discount the idea that woman should beable to choose and not have their decisions be decided by men.

I was not aware that we only had male elected officials.

You do realize that the majority of people in power - the power to change the Country and the world- are men, right? And that's not even taking into consideration the Middle-East, the Near-East, the Far-East, The African Continent, and South America.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ligyron

Over the last year they have abandoned that and turned to what is an advanced take on a primitive form of human sacrifice, if you ask me.

No one asked you. I'm sorry, who are you again? Who elected you as the King of the world to decide what women can or can't do?

Since you want to curb women's personal choices and to control what they can and can't do with their bodies(and yes, a fetus is a parasite that is sustained by a woman's body) do you also want to create a Christian version of Sharia law in The United States of America and in Europe?

. However, these primitive cultures tended to have the moral high ground on todays leftists.

it's hilarious how this website is supposed to be about airing out conspiracies and ''the truth is out there'' themes but meanwhile all you guys do all day is to take a jab at democrats and republicans and at trump and Clinton. Dude, no one cares.

No one cares about none of that nonsense. That's one of the reasons why I abandoned the USA never to return. From the dumb gun laws and how there are more citizen-owned handguns in the USA than there are citizens living there, to dudes going on a suicidal rampage taking many people with them, innocent people, because they want to get laid but they are too ugly or too fat(and yes, being overweight is not normal) or too socially stunted for any woman to want to sleep with them.

Today, people have abortions for appalling reasons like, I'm not ready to have kids (48% of abortions are for this reason). In other words, rather than a sacrifice it's a convenience.

It's not a complicated concept to understand. Who is the most vulnerable sex in the world? Women. And yes, most women alive(there are women in the world other than the women in Canada and USA!) have it bad, and who becomes even more vulnerable when pregnant? Men? Who has to go into labor?

There are women who are more than 24 hours undergoing an extremely excrcuiating and mentally damaging event, yes even with modern drugs and technology.

Are you willing to raise those children since you believe abortion should be illegal? Nah, you'd be like one of those dudes complaining that his taxes are going for single mothers or for families that can't make ends meet.

As you can see, health reasons make up 7% of the current abortions. Rape makes up less than half a percent. It's truly disturbing what the abortion industry has become. However, at least the left is giving up the false pretense that they're worried about health and human life.

What's truly disturbing is that you, some guy who has no business telling women what they can or can't do is allowed to voice his deep-seeted disregard and contempt for women. Women aren't property, dude. This isn't friking Iran. If you don't like you can always move to a Middle-East Country. Women ain't going to cry about it LOL

Weird how they cried when they wanted child support from me for a decision I had no part of. Give me your money please....but no say for you..because your a man? That the best you got?

It takes 2 to tango yet only one has all the decision making authority and yet you see no issue with any of this? Kind of hard to when it is a win win situation for women.

edit on 3-6-2019 by WalterTilley because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   

How hard is it to abstain from sex if you're not ready to handle the potential consequences of raising a child?

There are nearly 8 billion people in the world. How much do you think is easy to abstain from sex when everyone knows the consequences of sex, and how one has(in theory) to support a kid for at least 18 years but they go ahead and still have sex knowing the risks of having sex, even when you use protection because no anti-conception method is perfect?

Do you want people to not have romantic relationships? To only have sex after they are married? You want Sharia law in the western nations?

Somehow I've managed to abstain, despite not having a religious or ideological crutch to lean on and despite being one of these "toxic males" that thinks only with their penis.

Yes, but are you an attractive young man? It's hard to abstain from sex when young, physically attractive women are attracted to you and actually want to have sex with you. I reckon it 's much easier to abstain from sex when women don't notice a guy and he has as much sex appeal as the average American man.

Now use your imagination and figure out how hard it is for a young, physically fit, handsome, full-haired young American male to say no to sex when his competition for women is pretty much zero with how most men in America being obese or overweight and you might get a glimpse of how it's very hard to say no to sex.

s. I mean, is it not lost on anyone else that these are the same type of people that constantly lecture everyone else about how it is (insert current year) to attempt to try and make a point about how they think they live in this highly evolved society and are somehow beyond the brutal, barbaric ways of the past?

You're literally telling people that they are animals, that they can't control their sex drives, and that they are fallen. Fallen from what? From Grace? Are you religious? Well, if you take a look at what is going on within the holy walls of the church you'll see that abstaining from sex and from women is not freaking normal, leading to many priests developing certain habits that should land them in jail.

The whole "it's my body, my choice" thing is such an infantile argument. You already made your choice, honey -- and you chose poorly.

Honey? Are you seriously being condescending to women by infantilizing them? Hey baby boy, women do have a right to do whatever they want with their bodies. If they want to have kids; that's their right. If they want to abort; that's their right.

Yeah, I can see, with your mentality and how much you dislike women how it's so easy for you to avoid sex. The Pope probably gets laid more often Lol

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like abortion is a "for profit" // "ex"capade 😶

So back in the 80s I had two friends that got abortions and the part I found interesting was abortion was pushed first and promoted as the best course of action. CA at the time actually paid all cost to the tune of 1000 bucks to the clinics. Since all that I have come to realize that abortions are best profit for clinics....

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Dfairlite

As long as people can be convinced that an unborn human being is less than nothing, then abortions will continue to exist.

Sad.

*Walks away from thread because nothing will ever be settled in this*

It's so easy for guys who can literally pump away for 5-30 minutes, drop their juice inside a woman and then get away scott free and do away with any responsabilities to pass judgements onto women. It's hilarious. These guys either don't have daughters/sisters and want the world to be a boy's club, or they have women in their families but they don't care because it's fun to judge and to control women, amirite?!

Sad, sad, sad. Many members of ATS would be ever-so happy had they been born in Iran or Pakistan, but instead they were unfortunately born in a western nation, and women do have rights there. Much to the unhappiness of these bible-lovers.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: WalterTilley

If you read the study that me and redneck are arguing over you will find that one of the reasons for women waiting so long to get the abortion is disagreement with the father about what they should do about their unexpected pregnancy. So I think that would indicate that the father's opinion is being considered? And I would guess that in some of those disagreements it was the father who wanted the abortion and the mother who relented? So it seems that what you are griping about is that men can't force their will onto the mother.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like abortion is a "for profit" // "ex"capade 😶

So back in the 80s I had two friends that got abortions and the part I found interesting was abortion was pushed first and promoted as the best course of action. CA at the time actually paid all cost to the tune of 1000 bucks to the clinics. Since all that I have come to realize that abortions are best profit for clinics....

Picture yourself as a young woman whose base of support is zero or close to it. Now imagine that you either didn't go to college or you did, graduated and are now carrying college debt. You don't have your own home yet because everything is so fooking expensive in the USA, and you can't move in with your parents again - if they are alive - for whatever reason.

What are you supposed to do? Chummy it with roomates and raise a kid in those conditions? Then what? Who's gonna pay for diappers? Baby food? Doctors? Clothes? The babysitter? Who's gonna pay for the kid's schools? Books? Dentist? Doctors? You?

No. Therefore the person who actually gets pregnant gets to decide what she does with her body, and a fetus is a part of her body, considering it's living off it. Over here, in the Country I moved to from the United States of Dudes who think They Can tell a woman what she can do or can't, abortion is legal. And guess what? Tens of millions of women aren't rushing to get an abortion.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Umm. That's funny. I had my three boys in the 80a and my first initial visit was a planned parenthood clinic each time. They pushed vitamins on me And iron even more since my iron level was rather low for the second and third but they didn't push abortion on me. Maybe it has to do with geographical locations. Who knows.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ligyron

Why do you leftist pro-abortionist loons always have to bring religion into a rational debate?

Is it because you have no rational argument against killing a living human being?

The questions were rhetorical.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Umm. That's funny. I had my three boys in the 80a and my first initial visit was a planned parenthood clinic each time. They pushed vitamins on me And iron even more since my iron level was rather low for the second and third but they didn't push abortion on me. Maybe it has to do with geographical locations. Who knows.

That's because the experiences you went through goes against their personal agenda. They want to make Democrats come across as the devil's spawn, and republicans with their traditional and conservative notions of what a woman should be allowed to do or not, to be the right, proper, moral shepards of good American women and men.

it's all bull#. They don't get to decide what people who LITERALLY run the risk of death and the risk of many other complications, are allowed to do. But they want to do this, because all of these middle-aged men are just the American version of Muslim sharia law men. IF they could apply sharia law in Europe and in the USA they would do it.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ligyron

Picture yourself as a young woman whose base of support is zero or close to it. Now imagine that you either didn't go to college or you did, graduated and are now carrying college debt. You don't have your own home yet because everything is so fooking expensive in the USA, and you can't move in with your parents again - if they are alive - for whatever reason.

What are you supposed to do? Chummy it with roomates and raise a kid in those conditions? Then what? Who's gonna pay for diappers? Baby food? Doctors? Clothes? The babysitter? Who's gonna pay for the kid's schools? Books? Dentist? Doctors? You?

No. Therefore the person who actually gets pregnant gets to decide what she does with her body, and a fetus is a part of her body, considering it's living off it. Over here, in the Country I moved to from the United States of Dudes who think They Can tell a woman what she can do or can't, abortion is legal. And guess what? Tens of millions of women aren't rushing to get an abortion.

So what in my post triggered you to reply as if I'm trying to stop a woman's choice? My post suggested that abortions is big profit for clinics and so they push that as the first and best choice. States push them because the 1000 bucks is cheaper than state subsistence support. In the end you need to realize it is not always for the best interest of the woman as much as the most profit.

Actually 10s of millions are rushing to get abortions every year with an estimated 40 to 50 million world wide per year. The states is about 900k.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Why do you leftist pro-abortionist loons always have to bring religion into a rational debate?

Why are you calling me a leftist? When I abandoned the United States of White Muslim Men I also stopped caring about politics.

loons always have to bring religion into a rational debate?

Religion? Guess what men have used for thousands of years to control women? Was it Macdonalds or KFC? Nah, those two commercial entities control the lives of men. It was religion that was used to dominate and to turn women into sex objects and wombs, and it's still like that in the majority of the world. But America's values is still highly tied to religion, even though it's freaking hilarious how the USA is the birthplace of modern, vastly produced and consumed porn, and strip-clubs.

rational debate?

You come into this thread trotting your boots claiming that abortion is the killing of innocent lives, when you

A) Are not the one who becomes extremely(even more vulnerable) when pregnant.

B) You are not the one who risks his life by giving birth.

C) You're not the one who has to undergo the extremely painful activity of child-rearing.

D) you are not stuck with obligations and demands put on you.

You're a dude who can just ejaculate inside a woman, say byeeeeee and never pay a dime for the kid. Am I saying you do this, grandpa? No, but millions of men do. Women have the right to own their own bodies, and no. A CELL IS NOT A HUMAN BEING. It's a bag of non-sentient cells , until a certain point into a woman's pregnancy.

A mass of cells without rational thought or will, or desire. Then again, it might just be the case that a day old cell is smarter than the average Republican.
edit on 3-6-2019 by Ligyron because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join