It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion By The Numbers

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

If abortions are made illegal there will be back alley clothes hanger and lysol kiosk or some sort of high tec packages offered on off shore websites, or homemade concoctions for the poor people.

Of course, the implication here is that abortion will be less safe, lead to more death. Not only is it false in the fact that every abortion kills one of the two people subjected to the "procedure," but it is also false that deaths to the mother will increase. Chile banned abortion in the 1980's. Since then their maternal death rate from abortion (back alley or otherwise) has dropped 99%.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Did you read the study that is being referred to because I did. Then I skimmed through it a second time.
I just seemed to miss where it says that most women who got late term abortions didn't have a legitimate health reason like fetal anomolies or mothers heath as a factor to why they chose to abort. Matter of fact any women who fit into this category wasn't included in the study. But feel free to read the actual study yourself and show me where it state's otherwise and I will consider changing my position. I mean there is always a chance that I missed it.....twice.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Why did you think most women have abortions?

This is a question answered right in the OP. The main reason (67% of them) is convenience.

60% of women who have abortions already have children. 70% of all women getting abortions identify as Christians.

So?

Also, abortion stats are historically low.

Per capita, yes. Number per year, no.
edit on 3-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Why do you care? It's not you.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   

This is a question answered right in the OP.

That's not what I asked. I asked you, why did you think most women have abortions...I mean, before your research? Or, is your research a confirmation of what you suspected, which is, most women get abortions for reasons you don't approve of.

So?

So, most women seeking abortion are not uninformed or immoral.

Per capita, yes. Number per year, no.

Oh? The population is growing? Even with these murderous female aborters!?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Yes, I read it. It is pro-abortion. but the statistics it uses indicate that many women getting late term abortions are not doing so for health or deformity reasons. Specifically, look for the section that begins with:

Profiles of Later Abortion Patients

Our factor analysis identified five general profiles of women who sought later abortions, describing 80% of the sample. Forty‐two percent of later abortion patients fit only one group; 38% belonged in two or more groups.

It's about 2/3 of the way down the page.

Now, I an not going to tie up the ATS database by quoting an entire section of the study, especially when the reasons are specified in more succinct form in the excerpt I quoted earlier. So suffice it to say that you can read it all here and not one of the reasons listed concern the physical health of the mother or fetal deformities.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The same reason I care when a person other than me or mine is murdered in the street.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

They administer medication that will stop the heart beat thus killing the fetus in the womb.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:52 AM
link   

That's not what I asked. I asked you, why did you think most women have abortions...I mean, before your research?

Well before my research would have been about a decade ago. At that point I believed the leftist talking point that it was mostly for rape/incest/health of the mother or baby. So, when I did the research I was actually very surprised and disgusted.

So, most women seeking abortion are not uninformed or immoral.

I would disagree with the latter half of that analysis, at least.

Oh? The population is growing? Even with these murderous female aborters!?

No, not locally it's not. The birth rate in the US is 1.8 children per woman. >2 is a growing population, less than 2 is a shrinking population. The overall population is growing because we're importing it.
edit on 3-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

They administer medication that will stop the heart beat thus killing the fetus in the womb.

Bolding mine.

'Nuff said.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

"Later abortions" and "late term abortions" are not quite the same thing. "Later abortions" are abortion on demand abortions done close to the legal cut off. "Late term" abortion are 3rd term abortions, the rare ones, done because of fetal anomalies, on non-viable fetuses, and a still born is delivered vaginally. A healthy viable fetus isn't ripped out of a woman's womb in pieces, if her health is at risk, it's delivered via C-section.
edit on 3-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I find it odd that some of the pro- abortion crowd are the same crowdthat are anti-bullying.

Abortion is the Epitome of bullying folks.

Bullying hurts peoples feelings, abortion kills.

why is bullying worse again?

Oh and in Michigan, birth control is free, you can get condoms at any health dept.

it doesn' mean you will use them.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: SilentSaturn

Exact;y... There is not one law that legislates what a man can do with his body.

But there are laws that say a man has to pay for a womans decision to keep a baby. He has no say. Is that really fair?

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:40 AM
link   

"Later abortions" and "late term abortions" are not quite the same thing. "Later abortions" are abortion on demand abortions done close to the legal cut off. "Late term" abortion are 3rd term abortions, the rare ones, done because of fetal anomalies, on non-viable fetuses, and a still born is delivered vaginally.

I have no interest in semantics.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

America can claim morality when it stops bombing innocent civilians with drones in the middle east.

Until then, abortion is just another hot topic used to divide and widen the left and right leaning individuals.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SilentSaturn

America can claim morality when it stops bombing innocent civilians with drones in the middle east.

Nice deflection. I have no more interest in deflections than I do in semantics, however.

Until then, abortion is just another hot topic used to divide and widen the left and right leaning individuals.

Call it what you will. It is the killing of living humans. If you think that is merely "another hot topic," then I can see why we are so divided. It's not a division over politics; it's a division over those who do and those who do not respect human life.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Actually it says that the data suggests that most women don't give those two reasons and goes on to say that the data is really pretty inadequate. But what the heck count yourself up a win. I admit I might be wrong but it is also worth noting that the study wasn't looking for that group of women and were probably choosing areas where there were less restrictions on later stage pregnacies. And umm. The study also seems to be geared to show that even with exceptions for mothers health and fetal abnormalities aside the bans would have a more adverse effect on lower income families. And if one wished to one could address some of the problems outlined in the study and maybe reduce the number of late term abortions some.
But their goal seems to be to show that even with the exceptions to ban late term abortions would be unfair. Something which I have a small problem accepting. There is only a few weeks of the time frame for the study where the fetus wouldn't be considered viable outside the womb. Just can't see why the women who waited that long couldn't wait a few more weeks and if she wanted to end the pregnancy that badly just deliver the child premature and at least give it a chance to live. If she wants to walk away after that okay what the heck men do all the time.
Its her body and she had a right to decide what goes on in it which means if she doesn't want to be pregnant she doesn't have to be but we are talking about babies that are or soon will have a reasonable chance to live outside of her womb. At that point she isn't deciding anything about her body she is deciding the fate of another person. That is as long as we are talking about a mom who is healthy enough to deliver a baby (which if she isn't would be the only reason I can think of why they would opt to chop it up into pieces by the way ) and the baby is heathy enough to have a reasonable expectation of survival...

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WalterTilley

Also, last I checked there are many illegal drugs. Rape is illegal. Sodomy is illegal in many states (which only applies to men, last I checked women cannot sodomize). So in fact, silly is wrong not only in theory, but in practice.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Well it means that they aren't hacked up as you claim labor is induced after death is confirmed and an intact body is delivered.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: DBCowboy

As long as people can be convinced that an unborn human being is less than nothing, then abortions will continue to exist.

Sad.

*Walks away from thread because nothing will ever be settled in this*

When I asked my niece if a pregnant woman had two hearts, she said... "Don't do that, don't dehumanize women to make your clever little point!"

This was right after she showed me a picture of 4 embryos and asked me to pick out the human.

I would have asked her which one had the most value to her.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join