It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion By The Numbers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Nonsense. You say democrats are ruled by "feelings". How about republicans? Claiming any sort of abortion is a violent kill?

You deal in nonsense when you resort to identity politics. There is much emotion in the right as there is in the left. The right is often fueled by religion which has much feeling to it.

You're pretend notion of neutrality does nothing but divide further.

Instead, come to a compromise or just become another fool in the matrix...

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: SilentSaturn
I don't doubt that there is a hidden black market for fetus', but that doesn't discount the idea that woman should beable to choose and not have their decisions be decided by men.

There are more women voters in this country than men. Stop acting like this is a men vs. women issue.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

I don't doubt that there is a hidden black market for fetus', but that doesn't discount the idea that woman should beable to choose and not have their decisions be decided by men.

There are more women voters in this country than men. Stop acting like this is a men vs. women issue.

It is. Men are deciding what woman should do.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Voting doesn't create an end-all situation. If one votes for a politician and doesn't know they will vote to end abortion, are they still in support of that politician?

Just like black folk, and other minorities, there is a trend of white men who dominate politics and make racist or sexist decisions.

Granted, it's gotten way better recently..
edit on 2-6-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Dfairlite

As long as people can be convinced that an unborn human being is less than nothing, then abortions will continue to exist.

Sad.

*Walks away from thread because nothing will ever be settled in this*

When I asked my niece if a pregnant woman had two hearts, she said... "Don't do that, don't dehumanize women to make your clever little point!"

This was right after she showed me a picture of 4 embryos and asked me to pick out the human.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

It infuriates me.

That we have people talking of civil rights for women and treating the unborn like 'n-word' slaves. Humans that can be killed just because they're inconvenient.

edit on Sun Jun 2 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It just goes full circle and raises more rhetorical questions.

Peoples morals will clash, and ethics will be questioned of course. Honestly tho, if you're going to criminalize abortion to keep women from getting them, might as well throw the male who is in the situation a charge as well. Make it a level playing field at least. Otherwise, make it an option safely and under guidance. You can come up with all sorts of biological, medical facts, etc. you want, but one persons morals are different from yours, don't try to dictate them, that is controlling a woman's right to choose.
In most cases abortions are done with both male and females making the decision, stay out of their business.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

You see though. . . I see it as murder.

And you're asking me to be okay with someone killing someone else.

And I'm supposed to roll over and say. . . "'Kay!"

How ####ing sick is that?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

You're being asked to respect the laws of the land, and the law of the land doesn't defne abortion as murder or the unborn as a person.

Are you also against the death penalty? What about killing civilians when they're inconveniently in the way of military operations? Are you okay with letting children go hungry if their parents are poor?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You're being asked to respect the laws of the land, and the law of the land doesn't defne abortion as murder or the unborn as a person.

Screw you and the laws of the land. I disagree.

Are you also against the death penalty? What about killing civilians when they're inconveniently in the way of military operations? Are you okay with letting children go hungry if their parents are poor?

That's about the stupidest post I've seen today. Why not ask me if I like unicorns?

Jesus!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Do those questions trigger you? Do you support the very real, non-unicorn death penalty? Are you okay with the military bombing areas when they know that there are innocent civilians there?

Screw you and the laws of the land.

Typical Trump supporter!

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Coming from a leftist that supports sanctuary cities?

HAH!

I have a prostate the size of Cleveland and my urine stream is still stronger than your arguments.
edit on 2-6-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Simple fact of the matter is; if you choose to abort a child because it is inconvenient or will be born into poverty you are a cold hearted callous person who will regret the decision one day. When looking into the eyes of a innocent baby laughing and adoring their mom or dad- whether that is you, a niece, nephew, friends baby. One day it will hit you, what did I do. Many people have babies even though it was inconvenient or were dirt poor. How many wonderful people (doctors, nurses, military, counselors, teachers, the random person who unexpectedly saves your life, etc.) were born into adversity and rose above it- what if they were never born?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

You know what? Republican women get abortions. 70% of women who get abortions identify as Christians. So don't blame your pro-life hypocrisy on the "left".

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You know what? Republican women get abortions. 70% of women who get abortions identify as Christians. So don't blame your pro-life hypocrisy on the "left".

I blame abortions on an amoral culture with no effing standards anymore.

I find it a sick practice and I refuse to sugar-coat it any more.

Pro-abortionists are no better than the racists in the 1800's and 1900's who used to kill black people if they became "inconvenient".

You are those like you are no better than the "massa's" and racists. Only instead of blacks or Jews, it's the unborn that you'd deny rights to.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Ban abortion all you want, the illegal ones will still happen. Also, research herbal abortifacients. The anti-abortionists tend to have tunnel vision so bad that they forget these exist.

What do you think people were using way back when, WAY before back alley coat hanger abortionists & safe medical procedures came into existence? The decorative things in grandma's garden, that's what they used to use. And the weeds growing in dad's hunting woods. And some large amounts of things we CAN eat. Hell, even the parsley prettying up your steak at the restaurant has that property in enough quantity. Betcha didn't know that, did you?

There's many, many things in your herbal supplement stashes, kitchens, decorative gardens, and in the wild that are easily obtainable still if you make the safer medical procedures illegal. And a lot of those herbal abortifacients are risky as it is, as well as depending on when they're used -- early on, it's much faster and less risky as opposed to later on, where the term "incomplete abortion" comes into play. That's a quick ticket to end up in the ER or dead from the try -- or dead from too high a dosage of herbs to begin with.
However, if you want to make legal abortions illegal, that's your trade-off -- DIY abortions with materials collected from outside that you can't and won't be able to stop women from using.

originally posted by: EternalSolace
100% of women and men in your scenario forget that sex isn't for fun, but for procreation... what the hell do they expect?

Are you married?

Because if you are, I imagine that is one boring marriage trap you suckered your better half into.

Sex isn't for fun my ass. Marriages where sex isn't part of the ongoing bonding nurturing (which is the fun part) are dead relationships underneath the holier-than-thou facade.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Dfairlite

As long as people can be convinced that an unborn human being is less than nothing, then abortions will continue to exist.

Sad.

*Walks away from thread because nothing will ever be settled in this*

When I asked my niece if a pregnant woman had two hearts, she said... "Don't do that, don't dehumanize women to make your clever little point!"

This was right after she showed me a picture of 4 embryos and asked me to pick out the human.

Well?

Did you identify the human one?

Asking because I'm pretty sure her point went right over your head there. I have to hand it to her, it was a good illustration showing 4 embryos -- all identical -- and having you try to say one of them was more human at first glance than the rest. When you couldn't even figure out which one was which.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

In the US birth control is available pretty much everywhere. Even when I was a teen(ahem- 20-30 years ago) in small town west Texas there were free/sliding scale birth control clinics available- even for teenagers, no parents needed. So there is that fact alone that is different from the olden days.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onlyyouknow
a reply to: Nyiah

In the US birth control is available pretty much everywhere. Even when I was a teen(ahem- 20-30 years ago) in small town west Texas there were free/sliding scale birth control clinics available- even for teenagers, no parents needed. So there is that fact alone that is different from the olden days.

There is. However, the big roadblock is a lot of teenage girls are always terrified at the idea of having that pack in their possession & it being discovered, though.

I grew up in the 90's and had a neighbor down the block who got started on BC with donations from us friends, but still had her ass beat for being on BC to begin with when her dad found the pack. That was a god-fearing family & you didn't touch BC. Whether or not pre-maritial sex was ok was muddled at best, but birth control was for godless sluts. It's parents like that -- and there's a whole hell of a lot of them, more than the free-wheeling hippy sex types -- that send out enormous amounts of mixed messages that help NO ONE.
edit on 6/2/2019 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You are those like you are no better than the "massa's" and racists. Only instead of blacks or Jews, it's the unborn that you'd deny rights to.

You should take your judgmental attitude back a step, because 1 in 4 women have had abortions. That means that probably, someone you know and love is pro-abortion and no better that the "massa's and racists"

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join