It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion By The Numbers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: SilentSaturn
Maybe we should crack down on the black market for fetus' and illegalize abortions past a certain date. Compromise is needed. This endless back and forth solves nothing.

What is that market, exactly? Why do people (supposedly) want human fetuses?

I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I've just never seen any actual information on this fetus black market. Do you have any resources to point me to?

Stem cells. And possibly other unknowns. Stem cells are important in research and medical workings.

biologywise.com...

In the light of this situation, fetal stem cells seem to hold the key to unlock a lot of lifesaving medical breakthroughs, as these stem cells (especially the ones in the cord blood) can be extracted without harming the fetus.

While, moral applications are being used, I don't doubt black-market usages are being used too.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

If rational debate cannot convince people that the unborn child is a living human being, then I don't know what will.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
If abortions are made illegal there will be back alley clothes hanger and lysol kiosk or some sort of high tec packages offered on off shore websites, or homemade concoctions for the poor people.

The middle class and wealthy will just take a vacation to the Bahamas, Virgin Is, or Europe just like they used to. Maybe Canada....

I hope the GOP uses anti abortion as a campaign platform....it's always worked in the past.
edit on 2-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

100% of women and men in your scenario forget that sex isn't for fun, but for procreation... what the hell do they expect?

Who told you that sex isn't for fun?

Women are only fertile for a few a month. Yet, most women want to have sex all during the month.

Sex is fun, good exercise, releases healthy chemicals and fosters a sense of well being, belonging and bonding. After menopause, when women aren't fertile, they can still have a healthy sex drive.

edit on 2-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

100% of women and men in your scenario forget that sex isn't for fun, but for procreation... what the hell do they expect?

Who told you that isn't for fun?

Women are only fertile for a few a month. Yet, most women want to have sex all during the month.

Sex is fun, good exercise, releases healthy chemicals and fosters a sense of well being, belonging and bonding. After menopause, when women aren't fertile, they can still have a healthy sex drive.

Your complete ignorance of human language is astounding. I didn't state that sex was just for fun. I stated it has a purpose. Sex's purpose is the continuation of said species.

Sex is for procreation. Sex is fun to encourage procreation.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

en.wikipedia.org...

When there is a majority of men, message me back. Until then, it's a LARGE majority of men deciding a woman's right.

You are attempting to frame the argument about abortion laws being all about dominant powerful men having control over a woman's body.

That mindset went away in the 70's for normal people, sweety.

Nowadays women can vote, have a job and live without a man!!!!

I'm pro-choice.

You are making the topic look silly.

No, it's about power over the consequences of sex...

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Sex's purpose is the continuation of said species.

That isn't it only purpose or outcome.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   

No, it's about power over nature.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
If abortions are made illegal there will be back alley clothes hanger and lysol kiosk or some sort of high tec packages offered on off shore websites, or homemade concoctions for the poor people.

The middle class and wealthy will just take a vacation to the Bahamas, Virgin Is, or Europe just like they used to. Maybe Canada....

I hope the GOP uses anti abortion as a campaign platform....it's always worked in the past.

Seems to have gotten Trump elected...

As far as your other "everyone is going to die" scenarios, I doubt they are going to start banning vitamin C and parsley.

Just saying.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

No, it's about power over nature.

LMAO... really? Since when in history been about sex over procreation.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace

en.wikipedia.org...

When there is a majority of men, message me back. Until then, it's a LARGE majority of men deciding a woman's right.

You are attempting to frame the argument about abortion laws being all about dominant powerful men having control over a woman's body.

I'm pro-choice.

edit on 2-6-2019 by Lumenari because: Apologies... misread that

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm pro-choice.

Yea.. Cause the 70's were the height of civil rights...

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Maybe we should crack down on the black market for fetus' and illegalize abortions past a certain date. Compromise is needed. This endless back and forth solves nothing.

I'm not saying it doesn't exist. I've just never seen any actual information on this fetus black market. Do you have any resources to point me to?

Stem cells. And possibly other unknowns. Stem cells are important in research and medical workings.

biologywise.com...

In the light of this situation, fetal stem cells seem to hold the key to unlock a lot of lifesaving medical breakthroughs, as these stem cells (especially the ones in the cord blood) can be extracted without harming the fetus.

While, moral applications are being used, I don't doubt black-market usages are being used too.

So you don't know if it's a fact that there is a fetus black market? You are just assuming? I'm not trying to be antagonizing; just after facts.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

en.wikipedia.org...

So because a LARGE majority of men made this decision to allow abortion in late stages of pregnancy does that make the decision evil?
Is it less evil than when a LARGE majority of men decided abortion was illegal?

You come across as a bit of a misandrist

No, men aren't evil. However, a large majority of men have decided rights for women for a long time.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

I believe it is the researchers who work with stem cells that are actually patrons of the black market. It is because there aren't enough "legal" ones to go around.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

en.wikipedia.org...

Men that were elected by a population of over 50% women..
It's not like women are not being heard..

Fair rebuttal. As you know... politicians are devious and if anti-abortion suits their needs, then they will jump on it as a way to move up. How many politicians actually are passionate about abortion?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

biologywise.com...

So you don't know if it's a fact that there is a fetus black market? You are just assuming? I'm not trying to be antagonizing; just after facts.

O no im very misinformed. I remember reading many reports, but I just was never into it enough to put it in my memory cache. So yea... It may not be real or may be real.

However, it isn't hard to assume that if money is in fetus cells, there would be money in abortions...

edit on 2-6-2019 by SilentSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Since when in history been about sex over procreation.

I don't understand the question. Can you rephrase it?

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

As far as your other "everyone is going to die" scenarios, I doubt they are going to start banning vitamin C and parsley.

Just saying.

Trump has always been pro choice until he needed the rightwing Christians as part of his base. I have to give trump credit for being the master manipulator of the intellectually challenged.

Just sayin....
edit on 2-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Just saying.

Trump has always been pro choice until he needed the rightwing Christians as part of his base. I have to give trump credit for being the master manipulator of the intellectually challenged.

He was also a Democrat before.

As was Reagan.

But to the left, only the left can learn things, grow and "evolve".

As far as being the master manipulator of the intellectually challenged, you champion a party that can't do simple math and has to rule everything by "feelingz".

I don't recall a Trump supporter screaming at the sky, wearing a Vag hat and requiring coloring books and therapy animals to get through an election.

Not that y'all have gotten over it... you seem to wake up every day anxious and ready for some way someone somewhere can overturn an election that happened in 2016.

When that doesn't happen you tune into the DNC's PR firm to listen breathlessly to manipulated soundbites and edited transcripts that someone who thinks you are a useless eater spoon-feeds you for the day so you can get through it.

Intellectually challenged indeed.

LOL

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join