It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion By The Numbers

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

In Alabama, you must be 18 to get married without parental consent, or 14 with parental consent. I have honestly never heard of a 14-year-old getting married here... about the only time parental consent actually gets used is when it's a few months until the 18th birthday. Interestingly, in California, there is no minimum age to get married with parental consent... so I guess in California, as long as the parents don't care, it is legal for two 3-year-olds to get married.

Source.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You had a right to abortion on demand, but you wanted it as birth control up until birth.

Of course that a screaming lie. Women who have late term abortions are suffering heart wrenching sorrow, because these women wanted their babies, but something went terrible wrong. The only thing that a policy banning such procedures would accomplish is prolonged suffering and emotional pain for everyone involved.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Even Alabama's abortion law still allows for extreme problems with the baby's development and physical health of the mother. Please quit trying to equate bona fide health concerns with convenience.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Oh, cry me a river... a conclusion someone "... forced you to come to..." (you mean you got offended) so now you support bad policy? Complete cop out.

I don't care about Roe vs Wade, and back and forth precedent squabbling. I care about good lasting policy, finding the kernel of common ground with unarguable logic at it's core, that provides an acceptable compromise for seemingly contradictory viewpoints.

I believe it's possible, because I guarantee I could sit down over a tea or a beer with every single one of you (left, right green, purple, etc.), and have pleasant conversation and find common ground... because at the core we're all human and share common needs wants and desires, even if we approach them from completely different angles.

This suggests to me that the 50/50 political paradigm we find ourselves in, over almost every issue (even seemingly small insignificant issues), is not the right way to make major social decisions. Since no matter what the outcome, half of the population will be unhappy... crazy... there is a better "first principles" approach to governance, that produces more equality and better agreement on policy, but that's a whole other discussion.

It suggests to me that if we're getting 50/50 responses then we are asking the wrong questions,

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: puzzlesphere

I don't care about Roe vs Wade

Good! Because it's going away...

(You can save the shaming tactics for someone who cares.)

ETA:

I guarantee I could sit down over a tea or a beer with every single one of you (left, right green, purple, etc.), and have pleasant conversation and find common ground...

Only if you drop the attitude. Otherwise I can be a pretty ornery old cuss.

You drop the attitude and maybe something could work like you say you want.

TheRedneck

edit on 6/6/2019 by TheRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Wow... guess you're not up for a serious discussion.

Either you're serious, in which case just wow... or you're trying to be funny in a cantankerous old fool kind of way, but just coming across as rude.

... or you're deflecting because you realise that a ban that's about to go into place in Alabama is grossly inadequate at dealing with the social complexities of the abortion issue, and you actually don't have any answers to my questions... just emotional hogwash.

No anti-abortionist has answered a single one of my questions seriously in this thread... seems like because they can't.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

What attitude have I shown exactly?... you're the one showing douche-like behavior... and you have yet to give me a serious response, polite response or answer a single one of my questions, that I've presented multiple times in multiple ways, throughout this thread.

You're right, maybe I wouldn't enjoy a conversation over a beer with you, because you're acting like an ass.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Wow... guess you're not up for a serious discussion.

Not really. I normally would love nothing better than a serious discussion, but after a few years of being told what I say isn't important and just go shut up and sit in the corner because I'm male... nope, no more. I'm done.

You can call me 'triggered,' 'snowflake,' or any other names you want. The fact is that I have legitimate concerns about the abuse of abortion, and they are ignored for no other reason than my gender. Unacceptable. That is a term I only use when something is going to change, by damn, live or die doing it.

Look at my username. You only defeat a redneck by killing it, and we don't die easily. Bring a lunch.

Either you're serious, in which case just wow... or you're trying to be funny in a cantankerous old fool kind of way, but just coming across as rude.

Dude, I am deadly serious.

You just stepped into the middle of a discussion where someone has simply had enough, and you want all that to go away. Nope, don't work like that. We get rid of Roe vs. Wade first, return power to the states, and then... then when those who want to silence anyone who doesn't agree with them have something to lose... maybe we can have a conversation.

I may be an ass, but I'm not a child-killer. I'll take that trade.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Even Alabama's abortion law still allows for extreme problems with the baby's development and physical health of the mother. Please quit trying to equate bona fide health concerns with convenience.

TheRedneck

That's right. Same as today, women in Alabama will be still be able to abort up to birth, because women who do abort that late do so because of a devastating prognosis and with heart wrenching sorrow, not out of convenience, because birth control was too hard.

Nobody is getting abortions at 8 or 9 months along on demand, out of convenience, because contraception was too hard to do.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Then what exactly are you arguing for?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Great!

You've just made yourself completely redundant to the conversation. You're concerns are ignored not because of your gender but because you're rude. Basically turned yourself into that crazy guy ranting in the corner that's totally inaccessible.

"... deadly serious." (lol), and deadly hypocritical... care about the unborn, don't care about the 15 year old confused, uneducated girl in a terribly unfortunate situation who's carrying that unborn... Cognitive dissonance much?

Good on ya!

Easy, I can effectively ignore you from the discussion.

ETA: Or I could have just posted: Troll /ignore
edit on 6-6-2019 by puzzlesphere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I'm arguing against your ignorant lies, that women are using on demand late term abortions, up to birth, as birth control, and your rationale that that's why Roe V Wade must go.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

You've just made yourself completely redundant to the conversation. You're concerns are ignored not because of your gender but because you're rude.

Hahahaha! OK, that was hilarious! I'm rude because no one listens unless I'm rude. And if that gets me ignored, well, I was ignored anyway.

Incidentally, while y'all are sitting here typing on the Internet about how great abortion is, I have been writing Congressmen, calling Congressmen, writing the White House, talking with state legislatures, pretty much turning myself into a pain in everyone's rear... actually doing something productive to express my absolute, unconditional support for a rescission of Roe vs. Wade. If that is by legislation, Constitutional Amendment, or Judicial overturn, I don't care.

I think that makes me relevant where it matters. What have you been doing?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I'm arguing against your ignorant lies, that women are using on demand late term abortions, up to birth, as birth control, and your rationale that that's why Roe V Wade must go.

You have been shown evidence for those "lies" several times, and that is not my rationale for getting rid of Roe vs. Wade. My rationale for that is that it seems to make too many people think no one's opinion but their's matters. I just plan on y'all figuring out that maybe it does and you ain't all royalty.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:44 AM
link   

You have been shown evidence for those "lies" several times

No, I have not. I have asked, please show me one state that allows women to demand an abortion at full term, because she couldn't be bothered with birth control before the fact. But, no one did.

I know why extremely rare late term abortions are done. You don't seem to.

edit on 6-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:49 AM
link   

They're legal in all states under Roe vs. Wade. Without any medical reason.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Nope, not true. Doctors don't abort viable, perfectly healthy fetuses on demand.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   

They must, or you wouldn't care about the Alabama law. Why worry about a law against something no one does?

If they passed a law against shooting dodo birds, would you be as adamant about that one too? (Hint: the dodo bird is extinct.)

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I oppose the Alabama law because it bans early, safe and accessible abortion on demand for all women.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   

So at what point would you have it ban them?

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join