It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter goes to bat for Chinese communists

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shadowbanned
a reply to: Grambler

I don't use Twitter, I don't have any skin in the game. Twitter could die in a fire tomorrow and I wouldn't bat an eye. Trump and Twitter are almost synonymous at this point, if Twitter is so terrible then it's biggest ad should stop using it. Get it?

It's only synonymous for you, because Trump lives in your head and you know he's on Twitter, so when you hear Twitter you think Trump. It's not like that for normal people. For normal people, Twitter is Twitter. Get help. The election was 32 months ago. It's time to get over it.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Corporations don't care about left or right, they care about the bottom line regardless.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

Ah ok, well once you get Cortez and Clinton and Pelosi and Schumer and Biden and... ad infinitum, out of your head then maybe I'll get Trump out of mine.

Trump is a meme of massive proportions (as in a joke) so it's hard to ignore him in today's world. Obviously you know that already and are just being obnoxious.
edit on 2-6-2019 by Shadowbanned because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2019 by Shadowbanned because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Quite possibly the most ridiculous post I have seen all day.
Whataboutism, and lies.

Trump attempting diplomacy while maintaining heavy sanctions and not easing up at all is exactly what we should do.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Are you leading the USA though, not yet
, so what does Trump think of Kim is probably more relevant, dam i hate twitter but here goes

I agree with Kim Jong Un of North Korea that our personal relationship remains very good, perhaps the term excellent would be even more accurate, and that a third Summit would be good in that we fully understand where we each stand. North Korea has tremendous potential for.......

So trump is just playing Kim then, good job Trump plays 4d chess and believes he is cleverer than Kim and his 2d chess board.

But no mention of dealing with the human rights abuse that NK commit, which is odd as that seemed to be what the OP and yourself are suggesting the tech companies were ignoring, you want to make a stand, dont use twitter, I dont and I dont think I am missing ANYTHING relevant to my life, you could try it

You don't use twitter, but you're here..

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It's one step toward a solution, wouldn't you say? Trump's personal blog (or whatever it is) would practically advertise itself.

No it is not a workable solution

How would a sitting president even a wealthy one have the time to create a competing platform to one of the largest corporations ever?

And even if he did, it would not implode Twitter

So still twitter would be able to censor viewpoints like these Chinese dissidents

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Corporations don't care about left or right, they care about the bottom line regardless.

And right now that bottom line for Twitter is including favoring the establishment left, virtue signaling being progressive while censoring progressive voices to help the government of China

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

a reply to: face23785

Ah ok, well once you get Cortez and Clinton and Pelosi and Schumer and Biden and... ad infinitum, out of your head then maybe I'll get Trump out of mine.

Trump is a meme of massive proportions (as in a joke) so it's hard to ignore him in today's world. Obviously you know that already and are just being obnoxious.

Aoc and Hillary both tweet

I have yet to see one person who dislikes them somehow attempt to say no one can call out twitter for their actions because of aoc and Hillary

Yet I see several saying just that because of trump
edit on 2-6-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

And right now that bottom line for Twitter is including favoring the establishment left, virtue signaling being progressive while censoring progressive voices to help the government of China

They do whatever is profitable, there is no inbetween.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Trump should take the high ground and circumvent Twitter by creating a really cheap official blog that he himself vouches for. If Twitter is so terrible and communist then Trump should stop supporting it, so should every ATSer.

We both know that isn't going to happen though. Twitter is an integral part of the kayfabe and it's the fastest way to spread propaganda and outrage in today's world.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:56 PM
link   

And being profitable means working to further the establishment left in the us at this point

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Shadowbanned

Another effective way of spreading propaganda is by derailing when people discuss bad actors by bringing up totally irrelevant unrelated topics

I look forward to your comments on threads where left leaning people are critical of right leaning companies like Halliburton or the nra, by ignoring those criticisms and saying everyone who has a problem with those groups should just start competing groups
edit on 2-6-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

a reply to: projectvxn

You think corporations are leftists now .

So corporations are all right wing then? Even though they censor and platform ONLY conservatives for political purposes and aid communists in oppressing people? That sound American right wing to you?

You seem confused, corporations aren't partisan, they are for profit to keep shareholders happy, the partisan nonsense is simply how you interpret it.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

And being profitable means working to further the establishment left in the us at this point

No, the establishment is both left and right.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

It's not unrelated, it's a step towards punishing Twitter for its censorship. If Trump told people to protest Twitter then Twitter would hurt from it. You know that and so do I. If Trump says jump then the are sure to be a few million people jumping.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

No, the establishment is both left and right.

It is unquestionable at this point that all of our cultural institutions of influence such as the msm, the entertainment industry, academia and yes Silicon Valley are heavily establishment democrat

You can call that left and right wing if you want

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   

It's not unrelated, it's a step towards punishing Twitter for its censorship. If Trump told people to protest Twitter then Twitter would hurt from it. You know that and so do I. If Trump says jump then the are sure to be a few million people jumping.

Trump has no business using his office to tell people to boycott businesses

If he did, people would go nuts saying he was a dictator trying to crush a platform that allowed criticism of him

We get it, you desperately need this thread to be about trump

It’s not

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I think the establishment want you thinking that way and have set it up to appear so, if the people are bickering over left and right they are missing the bigger picture.
edit on 2-6-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:06 PM
link   

The thread is about Twitter and so are my replies. Trump already tells people to boycott CNN and other "liberal" news outlets so why not go that extra step for Twitter? Twitter is as much a media company as the MSM.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I think the establishment want you thinking that way and have set it up to appear so, if the people are bickering over left and right they are missing the bigger picture.

I think the establishment want people to say it’s not an establishment left wing thing (or gloabalist) so that people can ignore the dangers coming from that group in an attempt to diminish how bad it is

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join